I WAS so pregnant!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Well, we tried making up the last few nights. Making up works fine for Dan. My freakin' huge hard belly gets in the way for me, so it does nothing to bring on contractions. More information than I should share here, certainly, but I'm good at that.

I tried balsamic vinegar (by mouth) last night, too. it made my eyes tear and added to my indigestion, but no labor today. Hmph. I also spent 45 minutes grating chocolate to make cookies. That was physically laborious, but no baby labor. I tried a couple of other things, too, but I'm still very, very pregnant.

I really want to go into labor during the week, and not on a weekend, because we have jewelry shows every weekend this month (booked the week before we found out I was pregnant), and my mom will be away doing them for me. I really want my mom to be present for the birth and available for (Joey) child care at night while we're still in the hospital.

Linus Van Pelt. Linus Pauling. Linus from Sabrina.

:)
~JessieD
fyffer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fyffer »

JessieK wrote:Linus Van Pelt. Linus Pauling. Linus from Sabrina.

And how can you leave out Linus Torvalds?!
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|
Denny

Post by Denny »

fyffer wrote:

:lol: geek! :lol:
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

I had a bandmate of East Indian extract nicknamed 'Linus' which is his actual name, 'Sunil', backwards.

Maybe with a similar nameflip you could have a bansuri player on the way. :wink:
fyffer

Post by fyffer »

Denny wrote:
fyffer wrote:

:lol: geek! :lol:
Takes one to know one :P
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Unusual names are great. Go easy on the teachers, though. I have around 200 names to remember each year, and the kids expect me to spell and pronounce all of them correctly. :lol: They are often disappointed.

T
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Jennie

Post by Jennie »

Riding in a skiff with an outboard motor, when it's a bit choppy out, is a great way to induce.

With my first one, the baby decided to be ready at the moment when the skiff wouldn't start, and the borrowed station wagon at the harbor wouldn't either, when we finally got there. If there's no way to get to the hospital and you know it, don't tell Linus! Just expect him at the least convenient hour...

Wishing you well, Jessie. And you look gorgeous.

Jennie
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Thank you, Jennie.

Joey was already out of me for a week and a half at this point. Linus is so big. Last night Dan's eyes were big as he had his hand on the top of my belly and Linus was moving his hand around using only his behind. The indigestion is killing me during the night. Pepcid AC twice a day and tons of chewable Maalox pills aren't doing it.

But now it's Friday and I have to hope I don't start until Monday, so my mom can be here.
~JessieD
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

JessieK wrote:Thank you, Jennie.

Joey was already out of me for a week and a half at this point. Linus is so big. Last night Dan's eyes were big as he had his hand on the top of my belly and Linus was moving his hand around using only his behind. The indigestion is killing me during the night. Pepcid AC twice a day and tons of chewable Maalox pills aren't doing it.

But now it's Friday and I have to hope I don't start until Monday, so my mom can be here.
Well, judging by other things in life, all you need to do is hope it won't happen until Monday to hurry things along :lol: ! Sorry about the indigestion---that sounds awful.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
HDSarah

Post by HDSarah »

Jessie, you have my sympathy and empathy. I think I looked like you just before my daughter (2nd child) was born. I refused to be weighed the last week because if I had broken the 200 pound barrier, I didn't want to know! I remember taking my son (then 3 1/2) to the fair, watching him ride the kiddy rides, with me drinking water by the quart and having it all turn up in my ankles. Strangers would walk by, smile, ask ''When is the baby due?'' and then blanch when I'd say ''Yesterday'' -- as if I might give birth any moment, there beside the merry-go-round :o . My daughter was 2 weeks late, but healthy. She weighed exactly 10 pounds and was a beautiful, easy baby who grew into a delightful person (she's 12 now). She was well worth waiting for, and Linus will be, too.

In order to induce labor so that her grandma could meet her before having to leave, I took castor oil (on the advice of my midwife). It took two doses, but it worked. Mixed with straight lemon juice, it isn't as bad going down as you'd think.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

P.S.: Regarding unusual names or spellings: We named our first child Eli. We liked the name, and also thought people would always know how to spell and pronounce it, and that he was a boy. Ha! No matter what you name your child, people will get it wrong. Starting in babyhood, nurses at the doctor's office would pronounce it as ''Ellie'' and think he was a girl. People always think it's short for Elijah or Elias. Some want to spell it ''Ely.'' So, we named the second child ''Maura'' and simply taught her to spell out ''M--A--U--R--A'' when she was two.
ICE JAM: "dam" good music that won't leave you cold. Check out our CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Thanks for the post, Sarah. Yesterday we took Joey to a lovely, shaded playground at the park and everyone asked me when I am due. Wow, Sarah, I hope Linus doesn't make it to 10 pounds before he comes out of me!

I have an appointment on Monday morning with a massage therapist who insists that she has a special technique to induce labor. Until then, my mom isn't here and I don't want to start.
~JessieD
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I REALLY don't want to have the baby today (having a birthday of September 11th would seriously hurt his social life), but tomorrow would be nice!

Nothing is happening. Today, though, I am going to have a massage with a woman who says she can do something to my ankles and bring on labor within a couple of days. We'll see.
~JessieD
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

JessieK wrote:......Today, though, I am going to have a massage with a woman who says she can do something to my ankles and bring on labor within a couple of days. We'll see.
WITHOUT GETTING MEDICAL ABOUT THIS....
My ex-girlfriend is a licensed acupuncturist/massagist. From listening to her stories, I would agree there are pressure points in the feet and ankles that (foot reflexology?) can bring on metabolic changes.

At the very least, your feet will feel better !!

Jessie, best of luck on a smooth delivery.

:-)
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

All of Chiffdom is now alternating between holding its breath and practising its breathing exercises to give you vicarious strength.

Hats off to all the heroic women that have given us our own lives and those of our children. I don't know how you don't just tell us guys to get lost.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote: Hats off to all the heroic women that have given us our own lives and those of our children.
For without them, we would certainly not be as aware of our shortcomings.
Dilbert wrote:Success is that happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow