A toast to the Moderators

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

Tyler Morris wrote:Anyone else find it interesting that a thread about moderators has devolved into a discussion about farts and skidmarks? :lol:
well toasted...
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Tyler Morris wrote:Anyone else find it interesting that a thread about moderators has devolved into a discussion about farts and skidmarks? :lol:
It did occur to me, but I'd hoped they wouldn't notice. Now all we can hope for is that they won't l*ck it just yet, in the expectation that it'll evolve into a discussion about fragrant roses or the like... :wink:
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Ever notice how sometimes you f*rt and realise you shouldn't have? I'm not talking about social situations, by the way.

Anyway, I think I'm beginning to be able to tell when it's safe and when it would be a mistake. Not that it's a problem, you see, but, you know. It's a bit of savvy worth having, wouldn't you say?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
emmline

Post by emmline »

jim stone wrote:Anyhow this power must be harnessed for the greater
good of humanity. We could light whole cities, end the
energy crunch. Musically there is the Flatuphone.
Did you see Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome? They used pigs. Same idea. Dumb movie. Cool Tina Turner song.
SteveShaw wrote: Now all we can hope for is that they won't l*ck it just yet, in the expectation that it'll evolve into a discussion about fragrant roses or the like... :wink:
Are you kidding? They obviously love this topic.
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

Nanohedron wrote:Ever notice how sometimes you f*rt and realise you shouldn't have? I'm not talking about social situations, by the way.

Anyway, I think I'm beginning to be able to tell when it's safe and when it would be a mistake. Not that it's a problem, you see, but, you know. It's a bit of savvy worth having, wouldn't you say?
Are you being allegorical? :wink:

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

SteveShaw wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Ever notice how sometimes you f*rt and realise you shouldn't have? I'm not talking about social situations, by the way.

Not in the slightest. You can't get more practical than laundry.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Nanohedron wrote:
SteveShaw wrote:

Not in the slightest. You can't get more practical than laundry.

Too much information.
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

Lambchop wrote:Too much information.
:lol:

Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

jim stone wrote:Anyhow this power must be harnessed for the greater
good of humanity. We could light whole cities, end the
energy crunch. .
Yes, we could call ourselves, The New Society for the Family of the Blue Flame. :D
SteveShaw wrote:

I don't think so, but we have great big allgories living in the swamps down here in Florida.
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
I don't think so, but we have great big allgories living in the swamps down here in Florida.
As George Bush might say: "What are you alleging, and who are these allegaters? :D

WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

I think I'll go wash my hands again...

interesting how the quote on my signature resonates in the context of this thread, isn't it???
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

WyoBadger wrote:interesting how the quote on my signature resonates in the context of this thread, isn't it???
Does it? <oops> :oops: I better go light a match .....

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

You aren't talking about social situations? Well now that is interesting. :lol: See, for some of us, the more chirping ones of the species apparently, there wouldn't be a social situation in which one should have and another in which one shouldn't have. One wouldn't just suddenly realize "Oops, this is one of those social situations in which I shouldn't have!". One would not attempt to amuse one group of people with chirping and need to be mindful that one doesn't amuse all groups that way. Social chirping just isn't done (if possible). I think we may have gotten on to something significant here. Do you see what I mean?
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Cynth wrote:
You aren't talking about social situations? Well now that is interesting. :lol: See, for some of us, the more chirping ones of the species apparently, there wouldn't be a social situation in which one should have and another in which one shouldn't have. One wouldn't just suddenly realize "Oops, this is one of those social situations in which I shouldn't have!". One would not attempt to amuse one group of people with chirping and need to be mindful that one doesn't amuse all groups that way. I think we may have gotten on to something significant here. Do you see what I mean?
Uh, Cynth...did you follow through the rest of the posts and all? I think I was pretty clear. :wink:

But upon further reflection, I get your point. Guys can cut the cheese around each other in highly informal settings, and it's generally supposed to be acceptable, at least in my culture (or lack of it, as you will). Not that I'm all that amused when someone lets loose - I don't care for it, to be honest - but I'm supposed to grin and bear it and make puerile jokes, or at least complain loudly as part of the general merriment. I'd be thought suspiciously prissy if I didn't. Well, ignoring it works, too, but it's all in how you do it. At a wedding, on the other hand, well, I think you get my drift.

And those are the social situations, for example, that I wasn't talking about. :wink:

And don't go on with all that "chirping" bunkum. I know better. :D
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Nanohedron wrote:
Cynth wrote:
You aren't talking about social situations? Well now that is interesting. :lol: See, for some of us, the more chirping ones of the species apparently, there wouldn't be a social situation in which one should have and another in which one shouldn't have. One wouldn't just suddenly realize "Oops, this is one of those social situations in which I shouldn't have!". One would not attempt to amuse one group of people with chirping and need to be mindful that one doesn't amuse all groups that way. I think we may have gotten on to something significant here. Do you see what I mean?
Uh, Cynth...did you follow through the rest of the posts and all? I think I was pretty clear. :wink:

But upon further reflection, I get your point. Guys can cut the cheese around each other in highly informal settings, and it's generally supposed to be acceptable, at least in my culture (or lack of it, as you will). Not that I'm all that amused when someone lets loose - I don't care for it, to be honest - but I'm supposed to grin and bear it and make puerile jokes, or at least complain loudly as part of the general merriment. I'd be thought suspiciously prissy if I didn't. Well, ignoring it works, too, but it's all in how you do it. At a wedding, on the other hand, well, I think you get my drift.

And those are the social situations, for example, that I wasn't talking about. :wink:

And don't go on with all that "chirping" bunkum. I know better. :D
:lol: Yes, I definitely followed all the posts and, don't worry, you were clear!

But the difference between girls and women, at least the groups of them I've been in, and boys and men, concerning this issue, is interesting. To a certain extent. I'm sure customs vary.

As for chirping, well, okay, I have to concede that one :lol: !
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca