My first threadlock

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Roger O'Keeffe
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

My first threadlock

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Another milestone in my C&F career: for the first time, one of my posts has led to a thread being locked. And I thought I was joking when I wrote
Yup. I'm even willing to give some credit to the rather genteel orchestral arrangements played by the BBC Northern Ireland Orchestra in the 1950s. You can't get much more controversial than that.
:o
:D :D :D
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

you rebel troll, you! :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Long ago the board was shut down for two days due
to a horrible brawl about pinky placement.

The crooked timber of humanity, don't ya know.
No one is safe.
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

jim stone wrote: a horrible brawl about pinky placement.
Was that during the McCarthy era?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:
Um, no that was the amar's tatoo era. :D :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Roger O'Keeffe wrote:
Ugh! You had to remind me, just when I'd got back to sleeping the whole night through! :sniffle:

I got a thread locked recently too, asking about why there were so many locked threads on the pipers board. It's getting to be quite the sport.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Martin Milner wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:
Roger O'Keeffe wrote: Was that during the McCarthy era?
Ugh! You had to remind me, just when I'd got back to sleeping the whole night through! :sniffle:

I got a thread locked recently too, asking about why there were so many locked threads on the pipers board. It's getting to be quite the sport.
We could start taking bets on how long a particular thread can go without being locked...:P :D :P
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Martin Milner wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote: Um, no that was the amar's tatoo era. :D :P

We could start taking bets on how long a particular thread can go without being locked...:P :D :P
I'll take 11:17 a.m. CDT. I think that's 1617 GMT. Do any of you guys know anything about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? How about piles? I have a friend who has a friend who may have one or the other, and he worries constantly about getting his ointments confused.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

gonzo914 wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:
Martin Milner wrote: Ugh! You had to remind me, just when I'd got back to sleeping the whole night through! :sniffle:

I'll take 11:17 CDT. Do any of you guys know anything about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? How about piles? I have a friend who has a friend who may have one or the other, and he worries constantly about getting his ointments confused.
Okay. This one I can answer. Tell your friend to go see his doctor. This thread won't be locked because of me! Martin Milner, you are bolded again. Go see your doctor.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Cynth wrote:Martin Milner, you are bolded again. Go see your doctor.
:lol: To boldly go where no man has gone before.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Tyler Morris wrote:We could start taking bets on how long a particular thread can go without being locked...:P :D :P
For those who remember the game show "Name That Tune"

I can get this thread locked in one post.........

:twisted:

Loren
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Cynth wrote:
gonzo914 wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote: We could start taking bets on how long a particular thread can go without being locked...:P :D :P
I'll take 11:17 CDT. Do any of you guys know anything about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? How about piles? I have a friend who has a friend who may have one or the other, and he worries constantly about getting his ointments confused.
Okay. This one I can answer. Tell your friend to go see his doctor. This thread won't be locked because of me! Martin Milner, you are bolded again. Go see your doctor.
My friend doesn't believe in doctors, preferring instead ointments and salves and the ministrations of snake-oil salesmen and travelling drummers. Plus, his Wittmaack-Ekbom's (not to be comfised with simple Ekbom's) is so bad he can't get out anyway.

My time has come and gone, but that's no reaon I can't help out my C and F family.
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Martin Milner wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:
Roger O'Keeffe wrote: Was that during the McCarthy era?

Wow. I guess so. There are more locks in the UP forum than a closet full of chastity belts.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

gonzo914 wrote: My friend doesn't believe in doctors, preferring instead ointments and salves and the ministrations of snake-oil salesmen and travelling drummers.
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »