Olympia Summer Celtic Session-photo of guess who?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Gaaslaj
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm selling a whistle, I'm a long-time member, thanks, John. Looks like I need more words, wow, really hard to update this, not sure what else to write, hope this is enough.

Olympia Summer Celtic Session-photo of guess who?

Post by Gaaslaj »

Yep, it's him! With a whole bushel of cool old flutes. Which got passed around a played by many folks. Lots of fluters there this year again. Had a small mostly-flute session at the end of it all, J.

http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Whistlin'Dixie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Jon, you look positively tropical, Man.

I can't get over it.
Probably one of the five annual sunny days in Olympia, and y'all hit it both years, what are the odds?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure a good time was had by all!

M
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

Would you buy a used flute from this guy?.......Sure I would, even a new one! Look at that smile! :D

Glad to see you having fun in the shade! Wish I was there!
~~~~
Barry
Chiffed
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chiffed »

C'mon, Jon.... It's black sock with sandals! Style point deduction. :D
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Look at all those flutes... no wonder the TSA looked askance at you on the flight up.

A man on a mission clearly. :D
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
anton

Post by anton »

Cool, its Jon C. i wonder if thats my flute he is playing. Jon is coming down to Portland on Sunday to hand deliver me my blackwood Rudall. I am very excited.

anton
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

anton wrote:Cool, its Jon C. i wonder if thats my flute he is playing. Jon is coming down to Portland on Sunday to hand deliver me my blackwood Rudall. I am very excited.

anton
Yup, it was quite a hit, but there was a lot of compatition from the older more distiguished flutes!
Sorry about the tan socks, you are right they should have been Argile! :oops:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

Jon C. wrote:
anton wrote:Cool, its Jon C. i wonder if thats my flute he is playing. Jon is coming down to Portland on Sunday to hand deliver me my blackwood Rudall. I am very excited.

anton
Yup, it was quite a hit, but there was a lot of compatition from the older more distiguished flutes!
Sorry about the tan socks, you are right they should have been Argile! :oops:
At first glance, I thought you were putting together a full set of pipes there.
William Bajzek
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

monkey587 wrote:At first glance, I thought you were putting together a full set of pipes there.
Good eye. The flute in hand looks like the chanter, the one on his lap looks like the bass regulator and the rest are the other drones and regs. It's a Gestalt uilleann pipe.
carrie

Post by carrie »

greenspiderweb wrote:Look at that smile! :D
Wonderful! :)

Carol
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

AaronMalcomb wrote:
monkey587 wrote:At first glance, I thought you were putting together a full set of pipes there.
Good eye. The flute in hand looks like the chanter, the one on his lap looks like the bass regulator and the rest are the other drones and regs. It's a Gestalt uilleann pipe.
Should a been a piper, I have the build for it... :D
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon