I Want This

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tommy
antispam: No

Post by Tommy »

Will it float in a hurricane?
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

Be sure to check out the Customer Reviews.

My favorite --
Wow this thing rocks. Hooked up an Xbox 360 inside. Dad got drunk and drove it downtown and wiped out 12 cars, he should be out of jail by my next birthday. Any way since I'm alone in the evening now I started to drink and do drugs. My bud's go out and terrorize the hood and shoot our guns out the hatch. We are in the process of painting it pink and bling it out with some gold trim. I have some homeys wanting to try and rob a bank with it. I feel God like driving this thing. Before this the guys would not let me play ball and now I just go run them down and destroy their field that rulz. Looking to put nitrous so I can have better take off. Mom just loves to drive my sis to the play soccer way better than those crappy hummers that the other mom's drive. All in all the ride is smooth top speed and take off could be better. The neon light under the frame are a great addition. So if you looking at a cheap way to get around and play at the same time then this is for you. Be sure to ask about the pre installed bar inside complete with a draft keg of beer. I got the optional mowing deck so I could make money and mow lawns during the summer. The reason for only 2 stars is it sent dad to jail and me and my friends are looking at some time in a reform school. It was fun while it lasted.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Tommy wrote:Will it float in a hurricane?
Apparently not, according to this customer review --
Okay, it's a tank, but tanks are suppose to prevent people from getting hurt. Hurricane Katrina was not kind and the "Donk" was dunked. At first we thought "why not" when discussing how to best experience the fury of a hurricane, so packing up the "land cruiser" with a couple days of MREs, video camera, and a wide selection of tunes to listen to, we set out to experience Katrina on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

I can say that "water tight" is a concept unknown to this baby! When the water started rising, the "Donk" didn't. We thought maybe we could create an air tight environment with a little duct tape and some scuba gear - we failed miserably at that too. We're now using it as a FEMA trailer (after we dried out the interior). The rusty exterior has not changed, as a matter of fact, it's even rustier than before!

One more thing about this cruiser - we have been blasted by "spud guns" and various homemade cannons. I think the locals believed we were the USS Monitor reincarnated, and were hoping to reenact the battle of the ironclads. So word to the wise, when south of the Mason-Dixon line, fly the Confederate Battle Flag and when north, fly the Union flag!
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
djm

Post by djm »

This vehicle is not licensed for use on public roads, and is intended as a recreational vehicle only.
Bummer. :(

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

-Looks like something out of "Riven"-
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

djm wrote:
This vehicle is not licensed for use on public roads, and is intended as a recreational vehicle only.

djm

No kidding. I was imagining how cool it would be to tool around the city in it and become something of a local institution in my Dalekmobile.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Nanohedron wrote: No kidding. I was imagining how cool it would be to tool around the city in it and become something of a local institution in my Dalekmobile.
You could always go for the Chia Car instead.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

gonzo914 wrote:
Tommy wrote:Will it float in a hurricane?
Apparently not, according to this customer review --
I can say that "water tight" is a concept unknown to this baby! When the water started rising, the "Donk" didn't. We thought maybe we could create an air tight environment with a little duct tape and some scuba gear - we failed miserably at that too. We're now using it as a FEMA trailer (after we dried out the interior). The rusty exterior has not
In response to customer requests, a more seaworthy model is now available. An efficient system of rubber gaskets prevents water intrusion and, happily, also cuts down on the air-conditioning costs. In the event water rises to the undercarriage, a flotation ring deploys from beneath the rubber skirt. This provides stability and raises the vehicle sufficiently for the propeller to be engaged. Headway isn't sufficient to allow towing skiers, but it's still enough for a fine cruise.

In the event of emergencies, the seat covers snap together into a sail. You just hoist it on the telescoping mast-and-laundry rack.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Nanohedron wrote:
djm wrote:

djm

No kidding. I was imagining how cool it would be to tool around the city in it and become something of a local institution in my Dalekmobile.
I'd have paid someone to fabricate the rest of the Dalek on top of it... :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

dfernandez77 wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: No kidding. I was imagining how cool it would be to tool around the city in it and become something of a local institution in my Dalekmobile.
You could always go for the Chia Car instead.
I just might. Just got some hail damage a little while back. As my car's inexorable slide into hoopty-tude progresses, I'll be considering my artistic options.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

I crave a Herkimer Battle Jitney, meseff.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Rod Sprague

Post by Rod Sprague »

It's smaller than it looks in most of the images;
In this picture, it looks like the guy is pedaling to make it move. And why is it out on a dry lake bed? Does it roll if it is on a slope of more than 5 degrees, or it takes less than 500 feet to make a 90 degree turn at speed?
BoneQuint

Post by BoneQuint »

Rod Sprague wrote:And why is it out on a dry lake bed?

Burning Man...
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

anniemcu wrote:Image

I crave a Herkimer Battle Jitney, meseff.
Try as I may, I just can't come to an appreciation of the transportative qualities of a li'l red X. :wink:
BoneQuint wrote:Burning Man...
Ah HA.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Rod Sprague wrote:It's smaller than it looks in most of the images;
In this picture, it looks like the guy is pedaling to make it move. And why is it out on a dry lake bed? Does it roll if it is on a slope of more than 5 degrees, or it takes less than 500 feet to make a 90 degree turn at speed?
Oh dear. This is really a disappointment. That thing is WAY too small! Why I'd look I'd been reduced to wearing a barrel in that thing!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca