Sam Murray flutemaking documentary: TG4 (web)tv wednesday

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Björn
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Björn »

Amazing... "Nil an clar seo sna tg4.tv archives" The word for archive (cartlann) is all over the site, still she went for the English term.
Cathy Wilde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

murrough o'kane wrote:There are 3 out of the 5 Ceird an Cheoil episodes here:

http://www.tg4.tv/default.aspx

> Look @ the menu on the left of the screen.

> Click "Cláir Eile - Cartlann" and scroll down to the 3 installments of "Ceird an Cheoil": 26/07/2006, 19/07/2006 and 12/07/2006.

2 out of the 5 missing unfortunately (including Sam's), but you'll get the idea of how the documentaries in the Ceird an Cheoil series are laid out, and hopefully the other 2 will be added soon!
Silly me. I actually had looked in the "Ceol - Cartlann" section; never occurred to me to try elsewhere. So maybe they will archive the mystical Murray episode at some point, then, since they've got the others over there?
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
maracirac

Post by maracirac »

no cathy!
murray episode is only one that still missing of whole pack of episodes.
good think is that you are able to record on hard disk all material on archive ( my friend will do it for me!)
take look at gentrai episodes, also very good.
marin
murrough o'kane
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by murrough o'kane »

lol, no offence, but it maybe wasn't the best idea in hindsight letting TG4 know there was such a big demand for Sam's film documentary, then asking where can it be bought, how much will it cost etc., etc., as they would probably have put it on the archive section anyhow, eventually...

I just hope for those of you who haven't seen it that TG4 don't get wise to this and put the big scrupulous business-head on them now, and have it as a "sale only" video / dvd.

Somehow though, I can't see them doing that... hopefully.

Think first people... don't petition, making it known there is a big demand for something, that you really really want, then ask how much it is... lol

Last edited by murrough o'kane on Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Well, if it makes you feel better, I hadn't done anything with it yet. :oops: Too busy.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

maracirac wrote:no cathy!
murray episode is only one that still missing of whole pack of episodes.
good think is that you are able to record on hard disk all material on archive ( my friend will do it for me!)
take look at gentrai episodes, also very good.
marin
Thanks, marin!
murrough o'kane

Cathy Wilde wrote:Well, if it makes you feel better, I hadn't done anything with it yet. :oops: Too busy.
ha ha, no worries, I was just slagging!
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

And it was well and sufficiently slagworthy, old chum. :lol:

Seriously, though ... thanks for the tips and translations.
murrough o'kane

not a bother!
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

murrough o'kane wrote:lol, no offence, but it maybe wasn't the best idea in hindsight letting TG4 know there was such a big demand for Sam's film documentary, then asking where can it be bought, how much will it cost etc., etc., as they would probably have put it on the archive section anyhow, eventually...
Well they weren't asked if it could be bought! They were asked why there was snooker instead of Murray.... That was there response.
I just hope for those of you who haven't seen it that TG4 don't get wise to this and put the big scrupulous business-head on them now, and have it as a "sale only" video / dvd.

Somehow though, I can't see them doing that... hopefully.
Well they are getting pretty money hungry lately in Ireland, so you never know... :P I am sure they could use the money as the revenue for a web based TV must not be that high.
Think first people... don't petition, making it known there is a big demand for something, that you really really want, then ask how much it is... lol
We will play hard to get...

Image but you can continue smacking yourself in the head! :P
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
murrough o'kane

Jon C. wrote:Well they are getting pretty money hungry lately in Ireland, so you never know... :P I am sure they could use the money as the revenue for a web based TV must not be that high.
Lately??? Try since the advent of the Celtic Tiger, round one... they assure us that round two is en-route... :P

ImageSeachain an Tíogar!!!Image lol

Last Thursday (17th August 2006), Noel Dempsey T.D. (Minister for Communications) announced that TG4 are to seperate from RTÉ and the Irish language television station TG4 will become an independent station.

This move to transform TG4, which currently operates under the umbrella of RTÉ, into an independent statutory will occur from the beginning of April in 2007. So they're gonna have to get their funding from somewhere. Let's hope poor auld Sam's Episode of Ceird an Cheoil doesn't bear the brunt of it! :P lol

Now go back to smackin' your noggin, Jon :wink: lol

Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

I will!
Cheers!

lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

It's on tonight at 10 o'clock on tg4. The video can be watched again in the Ceol department a couple of days after.

http://www.tg4.tv/webtv/bearla.htm
yillbrillem

Post by yillbrillem »

Thanks for the heads up... Is that 10:00 p.m. East Coast (US) time?
Chinese proverb: “If thy neighbour offends thee, give his children gifts of drums.”

www.windwoodflutes.com
kyrios

Post by kyrios »

I was lucky enough to catch the Sam Murray program about 45 mins ago.
( 4 pm CDT in USA ).