If whistles were outlawed.......

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
preacher
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Post by preacher »

Oh and we haven't even discussed how fast out of the holster, I mean case one can draw (oops I mean unpack) their whistle
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

Well, one of my whistle cases does have a belt loop on it ;)
Reach for the sky!
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Remember the NWA (National Whistle Association)? I'd love a shirt or bumper sticker that says "They can have my whistle when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers." Classy.
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
A-Musing
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by A-Musing »

Call me sentimental, but I'd rather bring a tear to someone's eye...by rendering a soulful "Danny Boy," than to...say...SHOOT THEM!!!
Does that make me a bleeding heart Liberal? Sigh....
You-Me-Them-Us-IT. Anything Else?
preacher
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Post by preacher »

OK WyoBadger but which whistle will you be holding? which I think was my original question. As in "They can have my (Boisvert D, Burke D, Copeland C, Hoover B) when they pry it from my cold dead fingers"
walrii

Post by walrii »

A-Musing wrote:Call me sentimental, but I'd rather bring a tear to someone's eye...by rendering a soulful "Danny Boy," than to...say...SHOOT THEM!!!
According to another thread, the two are roughly equivalent.

As for which whistle, there's no question in my mind. The Feadog.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

WyoBadger wrote:Remember the NWA (National Whistle Association)? I'd love a shirt or bumper sticker that says "They can have my whistle when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers." Classy.
Better to have a whistle and not need one, than to need a whistle and not have one.

Or, according to the NRA's Harmonica-player-laureate, "An armed society is a polite society". Applies better to my Burke A, though.
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
picardy third

Post by picardy third »

Ok. I'll answer the original question.

It would be my Overton low C, because I love that whistle. And it will be handy in clubbing off the guys coming to take it away.

P3
"Have a cluckity-cluck-cluck day."
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

I'd have to say my Hoover ski pole low G. Beautiful sound, unique, bright periwinkle. Too cool for words.

T
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

If they outlawed whistles, Mack Hoover (aka Big Daddy Mack) would be doing a booming business running rum, fixing horse bets, and making whistles out of ski poles heisted from Big 5 Sporting Goods stores...

Thank the Lord I'm on his good side.

Dave
"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..."
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

preachers would get horns
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

The only whistle I have right now is a water weasel in D. Nobody's taking that one away from me.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
seisflutes

Post by seisflutes »

My Sindt and Busman D's.
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

"Drop your whistles and come out of the vehicle".

Then I get up and start walking, slowly dropping a high D, then a low D stuck in my belt, then a low-G, a G minor native flute, low-e, another high-d (can't have too many). (Reminds me of the scene in the movie Sahara)

Then my wife picks up the basswhistle in the back of the truck and shoulder fires it at the cops. They're all overtaken by WhOA and stumble across the ground reaching for whistles.

The cops all become whistle players, end of story. :lol:

(Basswhistle = I know, it does look a potato gun)
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
preacher

Post by preacher »

Good one, Mack. :lol: :lol: But as much as I love horns it wouldn't substitute for whistes. Maybe someone would fin a way to disguise them like ski-poles or walking sticks - maybe even something else with other yet to be revealed material. You never know what some clever guy will come up with.