My Favorite Chiff Names UPDATED

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
A-Musing
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by A-Musing »

An amusing, yet somehow...choke...sob... incomplete list.
You-Me-Them-Us-IT. Anything Else?
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

A-Musing wrote:An amusing, yet somehow...choke...sob... incomplete list.
"We are not a-mused." --Queen Victoria or somebody
Reasonable person
Walden
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Denny wrote:
SteveShaw wrote:Just because I use my real name I'm not included. Fine. I can live cheerfully with that! :)

Basmatis...
To err is human,
to forgive unlikely

Ya know, it ain't like they was questioning your imagination, eh?
Another real-name-user who was likewise omitted. Sigh. The offenses and indignities will never cease. SteveShaw and I will form our own little support group.

What's imagination got to do with this? :-?
Denny

Post by Denny »

Lambchop wrote:
Denny wrote:
SteveShaw wrote:Just because I use my real name I'm not included. Fine. I can live cheerfully with that! :)

Basmatis...
To err is human,
to forgive unlikely

Ya know, it ain't like they was questioning your imagination, eh?
Another real-name-user who was likewise omitted. Sigh. The offenses and indignities will never cease. SteveShaw and I will form our own little support group.

What's imagination got to do with this? :-?
nuttin'
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Maybe iffen I'd used the moniker "Civil Disobedience" I'da got on the list... but noooo... I had to go with "Walden." : Þ
Reasonable person
Walden
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Basmatis...
It's really a knock on your parents. If only THEY'D had a better imagination.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Walden wrote:Maybe iffen I'd used the moniker "Civil Disobedience" I'da got on the list... but noooo... I had to go with "Walden." : Þ
If I were doing it today, I would not have been moved enough by Civil Disobedience to include it. Sorry.

Suburban Symphony
FJohnSharp

Re: Favorite Chiff & Fipple names.

Post by FJohnSharp »

katiebythegate wrote:I haven't been in for a bit, and I am so surprised anyone would have noticed me after not being active in here for so long, even if it's just my name you noticed. Thanks for the nod!

Reading your list, I'd love to know the stories behind folks' names. I wish the profile included a place for that. Would be a fun read.

And FJohnSharp, I could read a few meanings into your name. Is that F for Fred, a true first name you hate like...hmmm...Flagellon? Or is John Sharp someone you don't like, and you're saying to everyone that, well...that you don't like him...just "F--- John Sharp!"?

I'll tell you the story of Katie. I had a dream of this girl, Katie, standing by her garden gate. She was living long ago in the old times. She had long flowing red hair and was a lovely girl in this long dress. The morning sun was shining on her, and her red hair just glowed. Hey, I was dreaming this drivel, so don't hold me responsible! Every morning and evening she would stand by her garden gate and watch the guys pass by on their way to the village or the fields. She was dreaming about meeting her soul mate, "the" one. She didn't know that she would never meet her soul mate because fate would keep them from ever meeting. She didn't know that one of those plain, simple, honest men she saw every day would have been the perfect man who would have loved her all her days with all his heart...if only she would not have been so blind to him as he passed her gate. One smile or glance his way would have changed her lonely world. So Katie by the gate was stuck in my mind when I woke up, that image of her standing there pining away. I wish I could paint. I'd paint it. I garden, and I'd love to just have the garden I dreamed behind her! lol

It just sounded like a good name for an Irish flute tune, and I was new to computers. I needed a name for email, and I stuck that in there. I've used it ever since. Yeah, it's a long name to type, but people don't forget it either.

KatieGatie
Damn, Katiebythegate, 2 posts in 4 years, you rock.

The F stands for Frederick, a passed-down family name, the eldest living holder of which keep custody of a hand hammered pewter cup. I am the current holder. Fortunately, ill does not tend to befall the cupholder, historically.

Suburban Symphony
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

FJohnSharp wrote:If I were doing it today, I would not have been moved enough by Civil Disobedience to include it. Sorry.
How 'bout if I'd gone with Pond Scum?
Reasonable person
Walden
FJohnSharp

Post by FJohnSharp »

Sorry. I'm a tough crowd.

Suburban Symphony
FJohnSharp

Post by FJohnSharp »

but Walden Pond Scum would be a 'yes.'

Suburban Symphony
FJohnSharp

Re: Favorite Chiff & Fipple names.

Post by FJohnSharp »

FJohnSharp wrote:[ Fortunately, ill does not tend to befall the cupholder, historically.
Wait, is that a meteor bearing down on my house?

I'll ask Denny.

Suburban Symphony
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

Basmatis...
Yeah -- me, too. Although I should in all fairness admit that the family name hasn't always been 914. In the old country (North Carolina) it was 910, but my great-great-great-great-great grandaddy changed it to 914.49 when he moved to Indiana in the late 1700s because he thought it would sound more sophisticated. Unfortunately, nobody could pronounce it. They kept saying "nine fourteen and forty-nine hundredths" when the real pronunciation was "nine fourteen point four nine." It was my great grandfather who anglicized it and rounded it down when he moved to Kansas. He was afraid folks would take him for an immigrant.
Last edited by gonzo914 on Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
FJohnSharp

Post by FJohnSharp »

They did that sort of stuff all the time at Ellis Island. You almost never see anyne's name that's not been rounded up.

Suburban Symphony
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

gonzo914 wrote:In the old country (North Carolina) it was 910...
We used to drive by a run down farm, and my dad would tell me,
"That's the old 910 farmstead." I always thought it was the address...