Snakes on a plane and your usual dumb critics...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Here you go ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxhwCilpoQQ

Best wishes,
Jerry
Definitely take a look at this clip.

It's Samuel Jackson interviewed on Comedy Central by Jon Stewart about SoaP. It's hilarous.

Best wishes,
Jerry
carrie

Post by carrie »

That was indeed hilarious! I laughed outloud, like, loudly!

Thanks, Jerry!

Carol
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Innocent Bystander wrote:It's the the word "Film" in an Irish accent (with the Gaelic "intrusive vowel").
Neat!
Innocent Bystander wrote:P.S. What's ROTFF? (I know ROTFL...)
Pardon my crudeness: Rolling On The Floor Farting.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Jerry Freeman wrote:It's Samuel Jackson interviewed on Comedy Central by Jon Stewart about SoaP. It's hilarous.
One of Stewart's best interviews to date.

I, for one, would love to see "Ferrets on a Panel Truck"
emmline

Post by emmline »

lenf wrote:
emmline wrote:Somehow, I'm congenitally lacking the snakophobia gene. I would have the same reaction to Bats in Your Bathroom or Spiders in Your Pillowcase though, so it's fortunate I live in modern times I guess.
OK, I'll accept snakes, bats and spiders as fine, but surely there is some creepy/crawly that makes you panic? The chestbusters in Alien?? :o
No, not the chestbusters, but the creepy, seaweedy kid in The Ring would be freaky. That's something I'd avoid.
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
Jerry Freeman wrote:Here you go ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxhwCilpoQQ

Best wishes,
Jerry
Definitely take a look at this clip.

It's Samuel Jackson interviewed on Comedy Central by Jon Stewart about SoaP. It's hilarous.

Best wishes,
Jerry
That was screamingly funny. I feel like I might have to see that movie now :lol:. Thank god it's the p**** version!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

Mukade wrote:Sorry for being obtuse, but could somebody give me a synopsis of the plot?
From a review in the Globe & Mail: A Hawaiian martial arts syndicate boss kills a lawyer who hopes to put him away for good. A surfer dude, Sean (Nathan Phillips) oversees the murder. Bad, unsmiling guys are dispatched to rub him out. FBI agent Flynn intervenes, rushing Sean onto a plane for L.A. to testify. The panicking syndicate boss then slips a jungle load of poisonous snakes onto the plane about the time a conveyor belt of colourful, antic passengers arrive for boarding — a group that includes a superstar rapper and a Barbie Doll princess carrying a pwecious widow doggie we know won't make it past the second reel. There is also a capable, wisecracking stewardess (Julianna Margulies), and, what a surprise, a steward who appears to be doing a Paul Lynde impersonation.
feadogin wrote:
I haven't seen SoaP yet but I already love it! 8) I heard a review of it on the radio today and they were saying they went to a showing where everyone had toy snakes and every now and then the whole audience would go "SSSSSSS!"

J.
Nano wrote:Sounds like "A Rocky Horror Picture Show", but less taxing. :D
I dunno about that. After a half hour or so, I can see this taxing the SSSSSSS out of me.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

djm wrote:I dunno about that. After a half hour or so, I can see this taxing the SSSSSSS out of me.

djm
I got a whole bag of SSSSSSSSSSS with your name on it. :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
djm

Post by djm »

Ooo! Snake hand! :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

emmline wrote:
lenf wrote:
emmline wrote:Somehow, I'm congenitally lacking the snakophobia gene. I would have the same reaction to Bats in Your Bathroom or Spiders in Your Pillowcase though, so it's fortunate I live in modern times I guess.
OK, I'll accept snakes, bats and spiders as fine, but surely there is some creepy/crawly that makes you panic? The chestbusters in Alien?? :o
No, not the chestbusters, but the creepy, seaweedy kid in The Ring would be freaky. That's something I'd avoid.
That was the only thing that woke me up during that awfully boring movie. Emm, I'd be willing to bet you'd be creeped out by Eraserhead in black spandex and dayglow slippers... call it a hunch.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Joseph E. Smith wrote: I'd be willing to bet you'd be creeped out by Eraserhead in black spandex and dayglow slippers... call it a hunch.
J.E.S. DRESSED AS ERASERHEAD ON A PLANE
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Tyler Morris wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote: I'd be willing to bet you'd be creeped out by Eraserhead in black spandex and dayglow slippers... call it a hunch.
J.E.S. DRESSED AS ERASERHEAD ON A PLANE
You have just scared the living shighte out of me Mr!!!!
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

J.E.S. DRESSED AS TYLER DRESSED AS BROOKE SHIELDS ON A PLANE WITH PARIS HILTON

:lol: yarrr!
Joseph E. Smith

Tyler Morris wrote:J.E.S. DRESSED AS TYLER DRESSED AS BROOKE SHIELDS ON A PLANE WITH PARIS HILTON

...O.K., now I have "the squirts". You are a bad man, Tyler. A very bad man. :P
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:J.E.S. DRESSED AS TYLER DRESSED AS BROOKE SHIELDS ON A PLANE WITH PARIS HILTON

...O.K., now I have "the squirts". You are a bad man, Tyler. A very bad man. :P
Straight down to the bone! :D