Help please.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Help please.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I have a pouch with a Burke session pro brass D and a Freeman Mellow Dog, and I can't find it. Anyone know where it is? I remember last seeing it a few days ago, but I'm not sure where.

I had to play my Sausato at session tonight. Which I enjoyed.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
carrie

Post by carrie »

Hmmm...did you look the last place you left it? That usually works for me. Good luck!

Carol
OBrien

Post by OBrien »

I guarantee it will be in the last place you look.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

It'll be in the 'safe place' you leave things. You know; the last place that anybody would ever look.
bogman21

Post by bogman21 »

Buy a new one and the old one will turn up within 24 hours.
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Look where you keep your TV remote control.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

It's in the freezer. Or on top of your head, like a pair of sunglasses. Happens to me all the time.

Loren
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Found it, thanks. It had fallen behind some books on the bookshelf where I keep it.

So now Jerry and Mike are thinking, Rats, he's not going to have to buy new ones.

Suburban Symphony
FJohnSharp

Post by FJohnSharp »

I know you're all terribly relieved.

Suburban Symphony
Denny

Post by Denny »

FJohnSharp wrote:I know you're all terribly relieved.
quiet...we are sleeping now...finally
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

bogman21 wrote:Buy a new one and the old one will turn up within 24 hours.
Actually, if the rule follows true to usual form, said lost items will turn up withing 24 hours after the last possible date you can return the new ones for full refund.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

FJohnSharp wrote:I know you're all terribly relieved.
I was holding my breath and starting to turn blue. Someone called me "Papa Smurf."
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

Been there, done that. I am currently in a similar circumstance regarding the Joe McKEnna Irish Low Whistle CD--I've got the cover, but can't find that distinctive black disk. I have gone through all of my CD's twice now and I'm getting a little 'twitchy' about it. STOP ME BEFORE I RUN THROUGH THEM AGAIN--IT ISN'T THERE!!

I believe that, all the while something like this is lost, unless you are more Buddha-like than I am, you are in some form of existential incompleteness--not really hurting, just slightly off the feed, so to speak.

Plus, it has a program in it from the Blarney Star--a venue that has since gone the way of all things--signed by Joe and Antoinette McKenna and an up and coming pennywhistle player named Mary Bergin--who, I swear, bears a distinct resemblance to that fine harpist and vocalist Antoinette. It's as if they were ......sisters. That was a night for sure!! As I recall, it was one of the last performances I attended at that fine venue before the wretched events of a few falls ago played havoc on that part of lower Manhattan.

So, where is it? Gotta go now, there is a stack of CD's calling my name.....

Tom "Temporarily Twitchy" D.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Tom! it IS there!

Go through them all agian using the zen mantra: What TF is this??!! each time you turn a disk say the mantra and force yourself to know its essence.

You might not find your current desire - but you might re-discover something better!

Boom shanka!

Anyway - it slipped behind the sideboard and is wedged in an old document. Is it realy worth draging that old thang out again (just think of all those greasy, yucky dustballs and other stuff you really don't have time for right now)?
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I haven't been able to find my Water Weasel D (part of a C-D-Eflat set) in about a month. I just ordered a new one from Doc Jones. I presume the old one will turn up as soon as the new one appears. I'll let you know where it was when I find it.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.