whistle hard cases?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
domilsean

whistle hard cases?

Post by domilsean »

Hey, I play with a pub band and every whistle I've ever bought has been stepped on and mangled by either a drunken me or a bandmate.

In addition, the time has come for me to buy a decent whistle (my collection of mangled feadogs is impressive, however), which I've done -- but how to protect it? I can't find a hard case anywhere online, it seems.

Any suggestions?
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Reasonable person
Walden
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I have one of those. It's a great value for the money.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
lenf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by lenf »

I guess this sounds dumb, but maybe a length of PVC pipe a bit larger than the whistle, with cap fittings on the ends? You'd get your choice of white, off white, or if you count electrical conduit, medium gray. :-) You could drill a couple of holes to let moisture evaporate after playing.
dDave

Post by dDave »

Howdy,

Pvc makes great cheap whistle cases.

I also cut a couple 7" lengths of 1" diameter pvc pipe and epoxied them upright on a piece of scrap wood. Poked a couple circles of felt down to the bottom of each tube for padding, and instant whistle stand for my desk.

Best,

Dave
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I use a pistol case, and it is the best thing I've found for them.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
crookedtune
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by crookedtune »

I haven't tried it, but I'll bet some of those wooden cases for art supplies (paints, brushes and the like) could be fitted with some cut foam to fit the bill. Try an art supply store.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

They're surprisingly easy to make. See here:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=37021
walrii

Post by walrii »

I have several PVC cases that I made. I lined the PVC with 2mm foam I found at a craft shop. The glue-on caps fit tightly enough to stay shut even when dropped or you can spend a few cents more and get a screw-on cap. I painted mine emerald green with spray paint formulated especially for painting plastic. You can find the paint and the PVC pipe in your local hardware store. I alos have a plastic pistol case for my recorders that I got at Wal-Mart for about US$9. That works great for instruments that break down short enough.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
greg

cases

Post by greg »

go to a place that sells pool tables and billiard supplies and check out the cue cases ive got 1 for about 20 bucks its for some kind of short cue and is just the right size for a high d its black and covered in pleather its got a brass tag on it that says scorpion so you might be able to find it on the internet i also got 2 cases for regular pool cues there under a yard and have a divider down the middle and are felt lined i carry several whistles in each and they only cost about 17 dollars