NORTHEAST WHISTLE GATHERING '06...Success

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
slowair
antispam: No

NORTHEAST WHISTLE GATHERING '06...Success

Post by slowair »

You are all invited to join us for the third Northeast Whislte Gathering.

RAIN OR SHINE!!!

Information can be found at the following URL:

http://www.communitylinks.us/newg06.htm

Hope to see many of you there!

Mike Reagan
Last edited by slowair on Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sliabh Luachra
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sliabh Luachra »

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could make it, but my wife is having surgery the day before. :cry:

Hope everyone has a great time!!

Mark
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." -Somerset Maugham
dDave

Post by dDave »

Howdy,

I wish I could go, but y'all have made the unfortunate choice to have this bash on the wrong coast. ;)

I wonder if L.E. McCullough would be willing to allow his paper to be posted here after the gathering...

Best,

Dave
slowair

Post by slowair »

dDave wrote:Howdy,

I wish I could go, but y'all have made the unfortunate choice to have this bash on the wrong coast. ;)

I wonder if L.E. McCullough would be willing to allow his paper to be posted here after the gathering...

Best,

Dave
Excellent idea. I'll ask him.

Mike
sheryl_coleman

Post by sheryl_coleman »

Is anyone who doesn't know anyone else thinking of going besides me?

Sheryl
slowair

Post by slowair »

sheryl_coleman wrote:Is anyone who doesn't know anyone else thinking of going besides me?

Sheryl
Hi Sheryl,

You should go. Once you get there, you will know everyone else. It's a great friendly group. No matter what your skill level, you will fit in and feel welcome.

Or your money back. :D

Mike

(Just in case, there are no fees.)
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

slowair wrote:
sheryl_coleman wrote:Is anyone who doesn't know anyone else thinking of going besides me?

Sheryl
Hi Sheryl,

You should go. Once you get there, you will know everyone else. It's a great friendly group. No matter what your skill level, you will fit in and feel welcome.

Or your money back. :D

Mike

(Just in case, there are no fees.)
I'll second that-- you'll go a "stranger" and go home with a bunch of new friends. Guaranteed. I've never met anyone at the last two gatherings that was less than terrific: very open, friendly and accepting.

BTW-- where upstate are you? I live in Cohoes (a bit north of Albany). I'd suggest carpooling, except my wife and I are going out a day early to visit Mystic CT.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Tom Dowling
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

I will know in a day or two whether I will be driving up from Danbury, Ct. or from Brooklyn, N.Y. and have room in the car if someone needs a ride. I will re-post when issue of point of origin is firmed up.

I would third (since Paul already seconded) the suggestion to stop on by. I have gotten a lot of good feedback and support from folks I met there last August.

Tom D.
sheryl_coleman

Post by sheryl_coleman »

Well, with a money back guarantee who can pass it up? :P I'll be coming. I live in Saratoga Springs so Paul and I are practically neighbors!

Sheryl
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

sheryl_coleman wrote:Well, with a money back guarantee who can pass it up? :P I'll be coming. I live in Saratoga Springs so Paul and I are practically neighbors!

Sheryl
In fact, I was at the ballet at SPAC last night!
We look forward to meeting you.
Got wood?
mcurry
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by mcurry »

I'm another person who doesn't know anyone (well, anyone but colomon, but he's not going to be there), and given the friendly encouragement you've received, I'm leaning toward going. We'll have to see whether or not I actually follow through.
Michael Curry
slowair

Post by slowair »

mcurry wrote:
I'm another person who doesn't know anyone (well, anyone but colomon, but he's not going to be there), and given the friendly encouragement you've received, I'm leaning toward going. We'll have to see whether or not I actually follow through.
For heaven sake, you're already in CT!!! Ya gotta go.

Don't forget, a good time or your money back. :D

Mike
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

mcurry wrote:
If you need any more incentive.... between us, the NE people own whistles by MANY of the major makers and this would be a great opportunity to try them out and see what people have been talking about. People also bring used instruments for sale and you might get a bargain on a really cool whistle or other instrument.
Got wood?
sheryl_coleman

Post by sheryl_coleman »

mcurry wrote:I'm another person who doesn't know anyone (well, anyone but colomon, but he's not going to be there), and given the friendly encouragement you've received, I'm leaning toward going. We'll have to see whether or not I actually follow through.
Keep leaning! I hear as first timers we all get free tattoos! :D But seriously, do come!
brewerpaul wrote: If you need any more incentive.... between us, the NE people own whistles by MANY of the major makers and this would be a great opportunity to try them out and see what people have been talking about. People also bring used instruments for sale and you might get a bargain on a really cool whistle or other instrument.
Cool! I'll be bringing every whistle I own (not that many compared with some of you) and it is fun to try out different makes. I've also got some that I just don't play that I can sell or trade... plus a few ocarinas.

Sheryl
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I wish I could come, but it's rather far from here (13 hours, I think), and I don't know I'd want to drive that alone. :( You guys have a rockin' time, though, and I expect to hear all about it when you get back.

I'll be at the first SE whistle gathering, though, if that ever happens!
oh Lana Turner we love you get up