feddback on M&E Rudall&Rose

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Sephiroth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

feddback on M&E Rudall&Rose

Post by Sephiroth »

what a great irish flute !!

for a first flute, i'm so happy of it !

very easy to play, a so beautiful sound,it's marvelous !

this one is in delrin, so there is no trouble with playing it and just put it in his box, it's very easy !

love it :D
Whistler one day, flutist the next day, irish music for life ;o)
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

I love mine, too.

Eric
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

It's what I've been learning on, and it's done me beautifully so far.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Leel
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

HEAR, HEAR!!!!!!

DITTO.
withak

Post by withak »

Fifth-ed. :)
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

it's not bad for the money, but I prefer the Seery Delrin.
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Re: feddback on M&E Rudall&Rose

Post by Jon C. »

Sephiroth wrote: this one is in delrin, so there is no trouble with playing it and just put it in his box, it's very easy !

He makes a great playing flute!
A word of caution: I believe these flutes are made from PVC, so you should be carefull keeping it in a hot car or by the fire. The sockets might destort if the PVC gets to hot. PVC has a lower melting rate then delrin, PVC gets soft at about 140 deg and Delrin gets soft at about 700 deg.
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
eilam

Post by eilam »

yes - great sounding flute.
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: feddback on M&E Rudall&Rose

Post by greenspiderweb »

Sephiroth wrote:...this one is in delrin, so there is no trouble with playing it and just put it in his box, it's very easy!
It's even easier if you leave it out, fully assembled and ready to play. You will find you pick it up more often if it is ready to play-no real need to keep it in a box!

Yes, very nice flutes! Good luck with it, and your playing.
~~~~
Barry
Searleit

Post by Searleit »

Hello everybody, it's been a while since I've visited this forum (seven months or something close to that).

Today I've received my 6-keyed M&E, could someone please help me with the key fingering? I'm not shure which finger should cover which key.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Searleit wrote:Hello everybody, it's been a while since I've visited this forum (seven months or something close to that).

Today I've received my 6-keyed M&E, could someone please help me with the key fingering? I'm not shure which finger should cover which key.
Working down the flute:

To use the B-flat key, finger A and press the B-flat touch with the left hand thumb, producing B-flat.

To use the G-sharp key, finger G and press the G-sharp touch with the left hand pinky, producing G-sharp or A-flat.

To use the long C key, finger B and press the long C touch with the right hand first finger, producing C-natural.

To use the long F key, finger E and press the long F touch with the left hand pinky, producing F-natural.

To use the short F key, finger E and press the short F touch with the right hand ring finger, producing F-natural.

To use the E-flat key, finger D and press the E-flat touch with the right hand pinky, producing E-flat or D-sharp.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Searleit

Post by Searleit »

Thanks Peeplj! I see that now I'm gonna love this instrument even more :D