Picture of your bike thread

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
MarcusR
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Post by MarcusR »

Nice bikes all!

Richard, impressive collection!
Would love to see an image of your 1961 Hetchins.

I have a friend that does a bit of classic racing on a three speed from 1930-40s, wears a wool jersey and all :)

Nice Trek there, Flyingcursor. Bet the Bontrager wheelset gives you a nice and comfy crusing.

Lambchop
, I'll bring my bike over so we can go for a ride next time I'll come over to visit :D

Cheers!

/MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

The top picture is my bike. Mr. Sedate rides again. If you could see it better, you would notice that it says "comfort". The rock pile is courtesy of the city of London which is installing new sewers. The bottom picture is not a bike. It's my grandaughter Emma preparing to go to camp on the bus. The reason I've added it is because I put some pictures on Photobucket for the first time. I've never sent in any of my own pictures before.

Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Turtleneck Thanks for that link. It's nice to see good cyclists treated fairly. I wish we had a Michigan bike board.

MarcusR Thanks. At 120psi it's not too smooth :lol: I usually inflate to 110 and the bike has a suspension seat that I made a little bouncier.

SteveK I have a similar handlebar setup. The bars are straighter but it has the same kind of gizmo so I can raise them if I want.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
JS

Post by JS »

Thanks for the thread, Marcus. Good fun.

Here's my '68 Raleigh:

Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

This is the make and model I have - Raleigh Chinook, though my one is blue and black, with big silver mudguards to keep me clean. It's a cheap end bike, less than £200, but in London anything more valuable becomes a risk, while if this gets nicked it's covered by my house insurance. Over the years I've had two whole bikes nicked, plus a saddle and saddle post (now chained on) and a front axle pin, which was very annoying.

Mine is currently resting in the back yard with a flat back tyre which I forgot to fix yesterday, but I ride to work most days unless it's raining, about 7 miles each way. It's a delight in the Summer, much fresher than the tube journey, and takes about the same amount of time.

My journey avoids main roads where possible, they're suicide for a cyclist in London. I've only been knocked off once, though I've had a couple of tumbles of my own devising over the years.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Martin Milner wrote:Image

This is the make and model I have - Raleigh Chinook, though my one is blue and black, with big silver mudguards to keep me clean. It's a cheap end bike, less than £200, but in London anything more valuable becomes a risk, while if this gets nicked it's covered by my house insurance. Over the years I've had two whole bikes nicked, plus a saddle and saddle post (now chained on) and a front axle pin, which was very annoying.

Mine is currently resting in the back yard with a flat back tyre which I forgot to fix yesterday, but I ride to work most days unless it's raining, about 7 miles each way. It's a delight in the Summer, much fresher than the tube journey, and takes about the same amount of time.

My journey avoids main roads where possible, they're suicide for a cyclist in London. I've only been knocked off once, though I've had a couple of tumbles of my own devising over the years.
Wow. Disc brakes. Cool.
You may have more luck if you switched to tires instead of tyres.

(Zing! That's two in one day.)
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Flyingcursor wrote:
Wow. Disc brakes. Cool.
You may have more luck if you switched to tires instead of tyres.

(Zing! That's two in one day.)
Alas only disk on the front, the back is plain ol' cantilever.

I really need to take it in for a service soon too.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

I have two, one looks like this Fuji except mine is blue

fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

JS wrote:Thanks for the thread, Marcus. Good fun.

Here's my '68 Raleigh:

love the seat bag-who made it? To my eyes, Cardice???
JS

Post by JS »

Yes, it's a Carradice Junior. Holds an amazing lot of stuff. I found it on line through Wallingford Bicycle Parts in New Orleans:

http://www.wallbike.com/
turtleneck

Post by turtleneck »

Flyingcursor wrote: turtleneck Awsome. Did you buy the fenders separately?
Yup. I've had a bunch of different fenders on my bikes. But these worked the best. Coming in second place was the cheap black plastic kind with an evian bottle cut lengthwise and taped to the end.
MarcusR
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Ebay deal :-)

Post by MarcusR »

Rebuilding my bike again as I just made my best eBay purchase ever :D
A bike dealer in Austria was clearing out his stock and I was lucky enough to get this Kinesis road KR-1 frame
for 1/10 of the original price. I still can't belive how lucky I was.
Just love the internal cables.
Here it is:

I'll post another picture as soon as I have moved all the parts over and put it together.
Got a new fork while I was at it and in all the bike will be about 270g lighter than my last one :-)

Cheers!

/MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Peter Laban wrote:Image

Oooooo! What a wonderful photograph!

That just cries out to be in a frame, Peter. I have a wall that would dearly love to sport it!
Cotelette d'Agneau
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

My husband's is like this, only red. He saw it in an antique store and went back without me and bought the thing last spring. He said he'd kill himself on a new one, had to have one like he had as a kid. One of his fishing spots is far from where he parks his truck and he couldn't make the hike due to his health. He rigged this thing up with rod holders, coolers, etc. It's pretty funny looking but it gets him there.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West