Selected Movies I Haven't Seen: A Thread by Bloomfield

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

FJohnSharp wrote:I guessed the ending for Titanic. And the Passion of the Christ.
I haven't seen the Passion movie. Does He get crucified?
Reasonable person
Walden
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Seven Samurai was good! Even if you don't speak Japanese!
(and I have Kurosawa's Sanjuro on tape.)
Yeah, I guessed the Sixth Sense "twist". There was only really one way it could go.

I haven't watched (and don't intend to watch) the Da Vinci Code.
Feebly tried (and failed) to see X-men 3.
My wife wants to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Will we make it? Watch this space.
My daughter wants to see "Over the Hedge" and I said I would take her.
But when, that's the question.
Probably won't see Curious George. That is an animation, right, and not one of those ArtHouse lichen jobs?

So I forfeit my rights to be a member of the 21st Century. I still prefer it here in the 12th C. It's quiet, except for those armoured blokes making a racket, and the girls wear those slinky dresses!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

Congratulations wrote:
emmline wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:Further selected movies I haven't seen:

Godzilla v. Smog Monster
Grizzly Man
Killer Clowns From Outer Space
The Sixth Sense
I fold. I've seen the Sixth Sense.
Tell me I'm not the only one who knew what the "surprise" was right from the beginning, because no one I've talked to seems to have figured it out.
You're not the only one. I knew the "surprise" from the beginning too. In fact, I kept thinking that couldn't be the "surprise" because I thought it was so obvious, so I figured there was something else I was missing that had to be it.
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Walden wrote: I haven't seen the Passion movie. Does He get crucified?
:lol: :lol:
scottielvr wrote:I haven't seen Killer Klowns. My plan is to not see it again and again, not gaining new insights each time I don't see it.
:lol: :lol:
You're killin' me.

I haven't seen:

"ET"
"Close Encounters of the Third Kind".
"American Pie"
"Weekend at Bernie's"
Any of the "LOTR" movies after the first one.
Any of the current "Starwars" incarnations.

and many, many more.

I liked "Fight Club" right up until this dude shot himself in the face with a .45 and still kept on talking. I call "Double Shananagins". If someone can convince me it's possible (Tyler where are you?) than I might watch it again sometime.

The only thing good about "Titanic" was the scene where they were partying below deck and the band played "Drowsy Maggie".
Last edited by Flyingcursor on Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
dwinterfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by dwinterfield »

USA Weekend Box-Office Summary
30 June 2006
Rank Title Weekend Gross
1. Superman Returns (2006) $52.5M $108M
2. The Devil Wears Prada (2006) $27.5M $40.1M
3. Click (2006) $19.9M $87.6M
4. Cars (2006) $14.6M $191M
5. Nacho Libre (2006) $6.6M $68.5M
6. The Lake House (2006) $4.81M $41.4M
7. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) $4.49M $53.5M
8. Waist Deep (2006) $3.43M $16.5M
9. The Break-Up (2006) $2.99M $112M
10. The Da Vinci Code (2006) $2.43M $211M
I think my goal for the summer is to avoid 1 though 9. Regretably, I saw #10 recently, a few weeks after reading the book. It's hard to decide which I liked least. I liked Angles and Demons a lot. Better action, better art history, better cataclysmic plot device.
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Walden wrote:
FJohnSharp wrote:I guessed the ending for Titanic. And the Passion of the Christ.
I haven't seen the Passion movie. Does He get crucified?
No, but he gets scolded by a very cross Pilate, and sent to his room.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

I still haven't seen "The Incredibles"--should I?

I saw "Word Play" this past weekend. It was pretty good--just like a 90 minute NPR story.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Brewster wrote:I still haven't seen "The Incredibles"--should I?
I say yes.
Denny

Post by Denny »

emmline wrote:
I say yes.
Uh huh! :D
djm

Post by djm »

Given that it is a cartoon, and cartoon humour, I thought there was some very funny stuff in this, though overall it was perhaps a bit too long. If you liked Finding Nemo, you will probably enjoy this, too.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Gone With the Wind. I'm just put off by long movies. Titanic for the same reason. It was loaned to me, sat around for a couple of weeks and I finally gave it back. I watched King Kong up until they left the island. Then I turned it off as I knew what would happen next. You have to admit the dinosaur stuff was kind of cool. Ridiculous, but cool.

A good friend of mine took his wife-to-be on their first date to see Adventures of Buckeroo Bonzai Across the 6th Dimension. She married him, nevertheless. A good movie, but not a date/chick-flick.

For the record, I haven't seen quite a lot of the recent big ones mentioned above. No way will I go see Passion of Christ. Don't need that kind of stress.

Oh yeah, I 've never seen any of the Godfather movies. Top that.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

I haven't seen any of the Godfather movies either (except for bits and pieces on TV)

I've never seen Psycho.

I've never seen Casablanca

I've never seen any Woody Allen movie.
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
djm

Post by djm »

Woody Allen was outstanding as a stand-up comic. I have never liked any of his movies, and the more he makes, the worse they seem to me.

I recently saw The Matador and The Weatherman on DVD. The Matador is kind of funny in that it is the first time Pierce Brosnan has to act, and he thinks it is a landmark in his career. :wink: The Weatherman is plain just enjoyable because of the great performances turned in by Nicholas Cage (one of my faves) and Michael Caine. Not great films, but pleasantly passable IMHO.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

djm wrote:Woody Allen was outstanding as a stand-up comic. I have never liked any of his movies, and the more he makes, the worse they seem to me.
Not even Take the Money and Run? :boggle: Despite the cello in the marching band?
/Bloomfield
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

Bloomfield--add "Sleeper" to the old Woody Allen list. That's a good one I haven't seen in ages.