Meal money?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

What is the most money you ever paid for a meal?

about $10 USD per person
6%
$25
12%
$50
35%
$100
27%
$200 per person
18%
$500
2%
$1000
No votes
$2500
No votes
$5000 or more per person (do tell)
No votes

Total votes: 49

gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

I live on the road five days a week, so I'm on expenses more of my life than I am not. I am a rarity among road consultants -- I can and actually do cook. Most of the time I live off chili burgers, bacon, salad, string cheese and sugar-free Jello, but I am not above dropping 75 dollars or more of corporate money on a meal once in a while just because I can. (More if I'm not driving and the restaurant has Pimm's or Glenmorangie and a management wonk is buying.) And I will also occasionally hit Central Market and get the 35.00/lb. filets. I look upon it as small compensation for only seeing my kids three days a week.

And lest anyone flip me any crap about starving children, we currently have two Ndugus -- one in Ecuador and one in Ghana -- and we've had at least one for more then 20 years, going way back to when we we were working crappy hourly wage service jobs in restaurants.

(I also tip very, very well, as I believe that directing money from the corporate coffers into the hand of people who actually work for a living is a nice way of addressing that sticky re-distribution of wealth question.)
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Lambchop wrote:
Umm, Gonzo, can we install a fondue pit?
We could put it up in the Roost overlooking the bar and dining room. That would be cozy.

Another possibility would be in the middle of the rotating bar, but we'd have to move the lobster tank.

By the by, I removed that bucket from the sauna and put it in the kitchen. We can save our food scraps and then toss them out to the starving street urchins when they come begging. (I left that funny thing with the handle in there because I wasn't sure what it was for.)
And yellow fringe
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

gonzo914 wrote:
Lambchop wrote:
Umm, Gonzo, can we install a fondue pit?
We could put it up in the Roost overlooking the bar and dining room. That would be cozy.

Another possibility would be in the middle of the rotating bar, but we'd have to move the lobster tank.

Hmm, I think perhaps in the middle of the bar. It would be very cozy. There . . . ah . . . aren't any lobsters, anyway.

That reminds me . . . would you mind picking up more butter? Unsalted, please. I seem to have used all that we had . . . some more of those nice plastic bibs would be good, too.

By the by, I removed that bucket from the sauna and put it in the kitchen. We can save our food scraps and then toss them out to the starving street urchins when they come begging. (I left that funny thing with the handle in there because I wasn't sure what it was for.)
We can use it to toss the scraps. That way, we don't have to get too close to the urchins.
Last edited by Lambchop on Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cotelette d'Agneau
emmline

Post by emmline »

Yes. This is totally what the Chiff bar and grill looks like.
I hear the tips are most triumphant.
Do I sound like Bill and Ted are playing in the next room? They are.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

emmline wrote:Yes. This is totally what the Chiff bar and grill looks like.
Gonzo! Look who's come to visit! Emm! Have you had the tour yet? Don't you think the decor sets off my fleece nicely?

Did you bring your bathing suit? We're cooking out by the pool later today, so you have to stay. Let me get you a room key so you can be comfortable!
Cotelette d'Agneau
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Lambchop wrote:
emmline wrote:Yes. This is totally what the Chiff bar and grill looks like.
Gonzo! Look who's come to visit! Emm! Have you had the tour yet? Don't you think the decor sets off my fleece nicely?

Did you bring your bathing suit? We're cooking out by the pool later today, so you have to stay. Let me get you a room key so you can be comfortable!
Put her in the executive suite. Maybe she can help us figure out what kind of animal was killed to make the sofa.

And I worked all weekend badgering the staff to make sure they got the shuffleboard court finished in time for the holiday.
And yellow fringe
talasiga

true story

Post by talasiga »

Cranberry wrote:......
I bought some grapes the other day and my total came to nearly $5. I nearly choked, but that's probably why wine costs so much.
NOt if they buy their grapes in bulk.
Last edited by talasiga on Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

gonzo914 wrote:Put her in the executive suite. Maybe she can help us figure out what kind of animal was killed to make the sofa.
That's a wonderful idea! Emm, you'll LOVE it!

Talasiga seems to have experience with natural furs, did you notice? Perhaps he can take a peek and render an opinion. We can have a CONTEST! The winner gets to touch off the first firecracker tonight!

And I worked all weekend badgering the staff to make sure they got the shuffleboard court finished in time for the holiday.
Wonderful! We're going to have soooo much fun! Isn't it delightful that the club has such excellent exercise facilities? Perfect for healthy Chiffers on holiday!

I also thought we might have chair races in those long hallways. The curves will add an element of surprise! Lord knows we've got enough chairs.

I am so craving lobsters now. I wonder where I can find some on the 4th of July . . .
Cotelette d'Agneau
emmline

Post by emmline »

Lambchop wrote:That's a wonderful idea! Emm, you'll LOVE it!
I do love it. I feel like I've been swallowed by Idi Amin. It's the coolest. Thanks.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:I feel like I've been swallowed by Idi Amin.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Nano, glad to see you! Can I get you something to drink? A snack?

Volleyball in the pool in 30 minutes, everyone! Be there or be square!
Cotelette d'Agneau
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Lambchop wrote:Nano, glad to see you! Can I get you something to drink? A snack?

A nice, semi-dry Akita hiyazake and a bowl of salty eda-mame sounds lounge-y right now.

I'll pass on the volleyball. I like to.....watch. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Nanohedron wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Nano, glad to see you! Can I get you something to drink? A snack?

A nice, semi-dry Akita hiyazake and a bowl of salty eda-mame sounds lounge-y right now.

Gonzo, did you hear that? Maybe he knows what that thing in the bucket is for . . .
Cotelette d'Agneau
herbivore12

Post by herbivore12 »

Nanohedron wrote:

Yum. I'm actually eating a culturally diverse (or maybe just weird) meal of salted edamame and a bowl of cold but spicy gazpacho right now. It actually goes together pretty well. No good sake in the house, but this beer is doing fine.
Volleyball's a great sport to watch. All that jumping.
djm

Post by djm »

herbivore12 wrote:Volleyball's a great sport to watch. All that jumping.
And bouncing! :boggle: :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.