piercings

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

I have pierced:

Nothing.
57%
Just my ears.
27%
My nose.
No votes
My eyebrow(s).
No votes
My lip(s).
No votes
My tongue.
1%
More than one of the above.
4%
Something else (please explain, if appropriate).
8%
Other answer (please explain, if appropriate).
3%

Total votes: 75

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cranberry wrote:No.
Okay. Well, once I stepped barefoot and hard onto a really gnarly badminton-net guyline stake. It was aluminum and jagged like a shark's mouth from all the years of pounding done to it. I bled all OVER the place. How about that?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Nanohedron wrote:
Okay. Well, once I stepped barefoot and hard onto a really gnarly badminton-net guyline stake. It was aluminum and jagged like a shark's mouth from all the years of pounding done to it. I bled all OVER the place. How about that?
One time, I was standing on a step ladder, changing a lightbulb, and I dropped the old bulb on the carpet, and I put in the new bulb, and I stepped off the ladder onto the bulb, barefoot, and I bled so very freely.
Reasonable person
Walden
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

None. The Weekender believes in neither tattoos nor piercings to desecrate the ol God-given temple. I don't, however, put others down for doing it. It's your business.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Temple, schmemple. Don't be asking ME to attend services.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Once I was working on a model, and the Exacto knife rolled off the edge of the table towards my lap. I tried to snatch it out of the air with a quick downward grab before it pierced... um... certain tender objects. The tender objects were spared - but I did pierce my thigh. Does that count?

Oh yeah! A quarter century ago my left ear was double pierced. But the piercings dissapeared, like Oingo Boingo, the Motels, and Men at Work. :)
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

dfernandez77 wrote:Once I was working on a model, and the Exacto knife rolled off the edge of the table towards my lap. I tried to snatch it out of the air with a quick downward grab before it pierced... um... certain tender objects. The tender objects were spared - but I did pierce my thigh. Does that count?

Oh yeah! A quarter century ago my left ear was double pierced. But the piercings dissapeared, like Oingo Boingo, the Motels, and Men at Work. :)
Dude! I've done for my thigh, too! Exacto knife and box cutter. Passed out the second time around. It's weird when the world starts happening again and you see this circle of faces looking down at you once you process the fact that they're "up".
Jack

Post by Jack »

The Weekenders wrote:None. The Weekender believes in neither tattoos nor piercings to desecrate the ol God-given temple. I don't, however, put others down for doing it. It's your business.
I don't believe it in (anymore), either. But the past cannot be erased. I'm just glad that piercings can be hidden. Virtually nobody in my circle of friends knows about my piercings, because I don't wear jewelry. But if they were tattoos, it would be impossible to hide them (on my ears, eyebrow, and nose).
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

peeplj wrote:
rodfish wrote:
Walden wrote:I remain unpierced.
Ditto
I, also, am unpierced.

I am quite fat. If they pierced me, I might deflate, and then what would I do? :o :lol:

--James
Given this home site's propensity for wind instruments, it is terribly hard not to associate some very interesting cartoons with that thought, but the little guy sitting on my other shoulder, and whispering into my other ear says not to pursue it... :sniffle:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I'm deathly afraid of needles, so no piercings for me. It's all I can do to get immunized.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Jack

Post by Jack »

Congratulations wrote:I'm deathly afraid of needles, so no piercings for me. It's all I can do to get immunized.
Some of my piercings were done with guns, not needles.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Cranberry wrote:
Congratulations wrote:I'm deathly afraid of needles, so no piercings for me. It's all I can do to get immunized.
Some of my piercings were done with guns, not needles.
I'm afraid of those, too.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Nanohedron wrote:
dfernandez77 wrote:Once I was working on a model, and the Exacto knife rolled off the edge of the table towards my lap. I tried to snatch it out of the air with a quick downward grab before it pierced... um... certain tender objects. The tender objects were spared - but I did pierce my thigh. Does that count?

Dude! I've done for my thigh, too! Exacto knife and box cutter. Passed out the second time around. It's weird when the world starts happening again and you see this circle of faces looking down at you once you process the fact that they're "up".
During my years as an animal nurse I had a similar piercing of the old thigh. I was sitting on a stool outside an exam room and I'd just pulled up a leptospirosis vaccine for a dog. I somehow dropped the syringe-- reflex took over and I closed my legs to "catch" it so it would't fall!!
Well I vaccinated myself with that dose. I worried a bit until our large animal Dr told me he'd vaccinated himself many times for lepto and never had a reaction. Luckily I didn't either.

Oh and I do have pierced ears- did it myself with a needle when I finally got the go ahead from my mom. I was 14.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

A student at art school got his tounge pierced . . . I think this was around '93 or '94 and kind of a new thing. I thought he was crazy.

I happen to have one and a half piercings. The first set of holes was at the age of ten. Mom thought I was responsible enough at this age to keep them clean and not get them infected. Ten seemed to be a good age to get grown up pierced ears. I kept the one set of piercing until I was 21, when I added one more hole in my right ear. I stopped at that. I've always liked having two piercing on one side. I hardly wear jewelry but always have little celtic knot earring in my ears.

Where do people go who got bizzare body piercing in their high school or college years? They inevitably work for Borders.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

The first piercing in my ears was done when I was 3 or 4. We lived in a community which had a large proportion of Cubans, whose tiny daughters got their ears pierced as infants. I felt very deprived. My parents decided to have our family doctor do my ears before I started school so that they could supervise them intensely 24 hours a day to prevent infection.

When I attended massage school after getting out of the Army, everyone thought I was too stuffy. They recommended a more holistic appearance and thought that perhaps another pair of earrings would do it.

A nice girl at the mall did the second set, which actually did change my appearance and my attitude. I even felt more fun. So much so that I had a third set done.

They go up in a nice curve along the outside of my ear. I can wear one conservative set, or just one small one a bit farther up, or 1-1/2. My favorite is a baby gold hoop in the top hole on one side.

Usually, though, I don't wear any at all, because I forget.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Right eye brow, by a professional. Three ear (2R, 1L) piercings, self done. Don't wear earings much anymore, but occasionally put them in to keep the holes from closing.