6-12 at the 7-Eleven?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
bradhurley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

6-12 at the 7-Eleven?

Post by bradhurley »

When I was a kid, the most popular insect repellent was something called 6-12. There's a chain of convenience stores in North America called 7-Eleven that came into existence some time later. So I'm wondering, was there ever a time when you could have walked into a 7-Eleven to buy a bottle of 6-12?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I awoke today wondering what I would have to contemplate, as I seemed tapped out.

Thank you.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
djm

Post by djm »

7-11 was out of 6-12, but said they'd have the next shipment in at 5:13. :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

It's ten to one that some poor soul probably had a 9 to 5 selling 6-12 at the 7-11.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

Innocent Bystander wrote:It's ten to one that some poor soul probably had a 9 to 5 selling 6-12 at the 7-11.
10-4 on that, good buddy.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Hmm. Nothing here to eighty-six, yet. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
TheSpoonMan

Post by TheSpoonMan »

I am not a witty fellow. So all I have to say is

jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Everyone should 69 so Nano will have a thread to 86.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

jsluder wrote:Everyone should 69 so Nano will have a thread to 86.
You tempt me sorely. Though I like your free love attitude, dated as it is, this is a family site.
Ro3b

Post by Ro3b »

This predates my residence in Maryland, so I'm not sure of the details. 7-11 decided, sometime in the distant past, that its stores would no longer carry adult magazines, so some local entrepreneur jumped in to fill the gap and opened a chain of convenience stores called... 6-12. There's one (maybe the only one left?) right across Sligo Creek Park from my house; I just bought beer there. Next time I'm there I'll ask if they ever carried the insect repellant.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

I stopped at a gas station on I-45 in Houston some years back, and I'm pretty sure I was the only person on the premises who had never been in jail. The clerk, Snake, has prison tattoos on his face. There was no sign out front to identify the place other than one that said "GAS." I had to get a receipt so I could get reimbursed; it said "6-11 Gas."
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
emmline

Post by emmline »

Ro3b wrote:...so some local entrepreneur jumped in to fill the gap and opened a chain of convenience stores called... 6-12.
I recall a kind of down at the heels convenience store by that name in my Dad's hometown of Tazewell, VA.
carrie

Post by carrie »

John Williams and John Doyle once introduced a tune by saying: Next up is the Convenvience Reel; you know, the one with that interesting 7/11 meter.

Needless to say they told it better than I just did. *sigh*

Carol
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

My father's second-favorite cartoon (his favorite was the New Yorker cartoon with a bunch of guys in suits looking forlornly down into a tank of water; the caption was "the day the Ivory Soap sank at Procter and Gamble") was a cartoon sequence showing a soft drink factory that had invented 1-up, 2-up, 3-up, 4-up, 5-up, and 6-up but then went out of business because nobody liked any of them. The caption was, "Little did they know how close they came."
carrie

Post by carrie »

bradhurley wrote:My father's second-favorite cartoon (his favorite was the New Yorker cartoon with a bunch of guys in suits looking forlornly down into a tank of water; the caption was "the day the Ivory Soap sank at Procter and Gamble") was a cartoon sequence showing a soft drink factory that had invented One-up, Two-up, Three-up, Four-up, Five-up, and Six-up but then went out of business because nobody liked any of them. The caption was, "Little did they know how close they came."

:lol: