chieftain being sold as an Overton?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

On 2002-09-08 05:39, blackhawk wrote:
I was merely explaining what the L stood for in the previous post. Is there another explanation I'm not aware of?
I hadn't seen your last post when I wrote mine, as it hadn't been posted when I started writing. Thus it wasn't in response to the "loser" comment.
Reasonable person
Walden
DazedinLA
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by DazedinLA »

Gee, I read this completely differently...I thought the L-Man referred to Loren, being summoned to yet another rendition of the Chieftan/Overton, Hardy/Goldie controversy.

Been there. Done that. Loren, thanks for not taking the inadvertent bait, dude.
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

You may be right, Kev. I hadn't thought of that.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

On 2002-09-07 15:44, Phil Hardy wrote:
Get back in the workshop and clear your back orders and stop worrying about ebay,I'm sure people can tell the difference after 5 year,you've certainly prattled on about it enough.Get a life Colin.
Bitter much, mon ami?

Go get yer morning coffee and lighten up, man! Sheesh!

:lol:
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Geeze,

I don't practice yoga, but after seeing Phil's post, I wish I did! I didn't have much respect for this guy, but now he's hit the bottom. How does yoga work anyway? I'm trying to breath slowly, think of nice birds in the sky, flowers in the garden... kinda seems to work!
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Jim and Kevin,

Like JSW pointed out: No need for me here really, Phil is his own worst enemy.

Ahh, nothing quite like sitting back and watching the Joker shoot himself in the foot.....again. Seems to be a trend with some of the whistle makers lately.....

Loren
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Hi, everybody...

So this guy, see, runs over a cat and flattens it. He feels terrible about it and goes to the door of the nearest house and an old lady answers the door. "I'm afraid I've run over your cat," he says, and the lady looks and sees her cat flattened. "I feel terrible about this," the man says, "Please let me replace your cat."

"Well," says the lady, "alright. But, how are you at catching mice?"

I don't think this really applies to this thread but I just wanted to let you all know I stopped by.

Dale
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

--quote--
So this guy, see, runs over a cat and flattens it. He feels terrible about it and goes to the door of the nearest house and an old lady answers the door. "I'm afraid I've run over your cat," he says, and the lady looks and sees her cat flattened. "I feel terrible about this," the man says, "Please let me replace your cat."

I don't think this really applies to this thread but I just wanted to let you all know I stopped by.
--endquote--

Well, there is the old saying about the more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets.

I'm starting to feel like I need to take a Prozac before I visit these boards. If ya'll were any more cheerful, I don't think I could'a stood it!

--James
http://www.flutesite.com
StevePower

Post by StevePower »

Just a thought...the 'Chieftain and 'Kerry' items are probably the slowest sellers on my website...why might that be?????

Steve :wink:
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Dale wrote:
--quote--

--endquote--
I actually knew the version where the guy runs over this cock crossing the road[or do you guys call them roosters overthere], goes up to the woman of the house to tell her he's sorry and want to replace him. 'Ah grand' she says, 'the hens are round the back'.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

On 2002-09-08 11:20, Peter Laban wrote:
Dale wrote:
--quote--

--endquote--
I actually knew the version where the guy runs over this cock crossing the road[or do you guys call them roosters overthere], goes up to the woman of the house to tell her he's sorry and want to replace him. 'Ah grand' she says, 'the hens are round the back'.

Hey, I like this version even better!
Mary
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Funny Dale, but I was expecting a punchline more apropos of this thread, something like, "that's nice but that's not my cat, so I don't give a hoot."
Seriously though, when I read this thread yesterday, prior to the other Phil's response (I'll let him be Phil no. 1; he makes whistles and I don't), I just took it as a simple sort of scientific correction of information by Colin, not "Watch out that's an inferior Chieftain and not a real Overton." I think although Ebay is for the general public, people interested in buying whistles are mostly part of a smaller group out there who should know as much as possible what they're getting. And frankly, that's quite simple here as Colin clearly marks and dates his whistles; I don't know what Bernard does never having seen one of his.
Finally, I found the Phil no. 1 post to be strikingly peevish to say the least.

Philo
DazedinLA

Post by DazedinLA »

So a Hindu, a Rabbi and a lawyer were walking about and it was late so they knocked on the farmers door and asked for a place to stay for the night.

Farmer says "OK, but I only have room for two of you in my house...one of you has to sleep in the barn"

Rabbi says "OK, I'll sleep in the barn".

But at 1:00 a.m., a knock on the farmer's door.

Its the Rabbi.

He says "im so sorry, but there are pigs in the barn, and I cant sleep in the barn because it violotes my religious beliefs"

Hindu says "No prob, I'll sleep in the barn."

2:00 am. Knock on door.

Its the Hindu.

He says "Im so sorry, but there is cow in barn, and cow is holy, so so sorry but I cannot sleep in the barn either"

The lawyer whines angrily, says "you wimps. It just a barn. OK fine, I'll sleep in the $%^&*#@@ barn, I dont let stupid things like this bother me, so I'll sleep in the #$#%#$# barn. Are you all #$#%$#%&&* happy now?"

So lawyer goes into barn and everyone goes back to sleep.

3:00 a.m. Knock on door.....

Its the Cow and the Pig.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dazedinla on 2002-09-08 14:43 ]</font>
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Who do any threads involving Phil Hardy and Colin Goldie devolve into random silliness?

"It's Sickening..." pt 530120?