Kings Island Theme Park

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Kings Island Theme Park

Post by Jack »

Has anybody ever been to King's Island Theme Park in Ohio?

I have the oppurtunity to go this weekend with friends from school. I'd have to pay my own way, which is expensive, but I'm thinking about trying to go because I've never been to a place like that before and I like to do new things.

I know a lot of C&Fers are near it, so I just wonder how many've gone and what your experience(s) was like? :)
Daniel_Bingamon
antispam: No

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Kings Island is 1 mile from my house. But I haven't been there since the 1970's.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Daniel_Bingamon wrote:Kings Island is 1 mile from my house. But I haven't been there since the 1970's.
:lol: Sounds like a great recommendation to me!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I went a few years ago. It's a fun day. Good rides. You should go.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
missy

Post by missy »

I worked there for 5 summers when in high school / college. Of course, when I was in high school / college, it was the ONLY place to work - the area was just beginning to move from rural to residential (in fact, I went to gradeschool with the people that owned the majority of the property the park was created from).

My mom works there NOW (she's following in my footsteps). Look for the "little old lady" working the front gate!

BTW - Cran, the do rent out wheelchairs, so if you get tired trying to walk around the park, don't hesitate.

I personally was burned out on amusement parks for life - but I know lots of people that love to go there. I'm also not good on rides that go around (it's Vo-ban time if I do!!) and as I've gotten older, the roller coasters tend to get to my back, too.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I haven't been to that particular park but it's probably like all the other parks. Be prepared for big crowds. Check out some of the shows if you get the chance I've seen some good talent at some of these parks. The great bass player Victor Wooten once played at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

On a side note, King's Island has been purchased by the company that owns Cedar Point.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Flyingcursor wrote: The great bass player Victor Wooten once played at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

t.
Victor is da MAN! Absolutely astounding talent. Ive seen him with his own band and with The Flecktones several times and been blown away each time.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
djm

Post by djm »

These expensive amusement parks are the work of the devil. They are pure evil. Hell awaits anyone who would give their money to such evil people instead of using those funds to help those less fortunate than ourselves. I wouldn't be surprised if the Good Lord were to strike you down the moment you payed the admission fee. Evil! Evil! Evil!

:twisted:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

I would as soon cut my arm off and take it to the hospital to see if they can sew it back on as go to an "Amusement" Park.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

When I lived in Charlotte, NC, I went to Paramount's Carowinds a lot.
The rides at Paramount parks tend to have tie-ins with their movie
properties, so much of that will be lost on you, but the thrill rides will
still probably be fun. If you shun roller coasters like you do movies,
then you might not enjoy it much.

I notice that King's Island has a looping wooden coaster. That is
insane. You should ride it, and tell me how it is.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

fearfaoin wrote:I notice that King's Island has a looping wooden coaster. That is
Oh wow! I'm interested, as well.

Congratulations, roller coaster enthusiast.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
missy

Post by missy »

fearfaoin wrote:
I notice that King's Island has a looping wooden coaster. That is
I've ridden "The Beast" many a time. It is ROUGH (as in shaking you all over the place). The "Son of Beast", also a wooden coaster, is a little easier on the neck and back. The "Racer" is wooden, and very smooth.

Of course - this also depends on who's on the ride (the heavier the weight is in front, the faster they go) and the temperature (the hotter the track, the faster they go).

I was in "management" (merchandise) when the Beast was being planned and saw the original blueprint. It was supposed to have another loop in it, but where it's built (it's close to the river) couldn't take 2 loops, so it wound up with just one.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

I'm going. This Saturday. My friend helped me buy my ticket. It's through our college, so we got the ticket for cheaper tha nnormal, although neither of us have any spending money to take with us, but our tickets allow us to ride anything we want, and I'm going to pack us food to take with us. It should be fun.

I just hope the rides aren't too painful for me. It hurts me to ride in a car for a long time so I'm not going to get onto the more violent rides because I know it will cause me pain.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Cranberry wrote:...neither of us have any spending money to take with us
There's nothing you'd want to buy, I promise. Theme parks tend to
sell incredibly overpriced junk. Bringing food is a good idea.
Cranberry wrote:I just hope the rides aren't too painful for me. It hurts me to ride in a car for a long time so I'm not going to get onto the more violent rides because I know it will cause me pain.
Yeah, stick with the steel coasters, then. Wooden ones can be pretty jerky.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Flyingcursor wrote:On a side note, King's Island has been purchased by the company that owns Cedar Point.
I've been to Cedar Point. Good stuff.

Cran, take along some ibuprofen or something, so in case you get sore it doesn't ruin the whole day.