Thanks four supporting the children

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Hmpf.
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Lambchop wrote: Cynth, I think you did a good job pointing out all the possible angles to this story. You go, girl!
Lamby, I do appreciate your appreciation of my angles. This (compulsion is the word that comes to mind) habit of mine is one that drives my sister totally insane. She just isn't into wondering at all. I suppose it is the pursuing of each and every possible angle that drives her nuts. So thank you for bearing with me in my exploration of the sign :lol: .

As always in this strange printed form of communication, sometimes something will come across one way to one person and differently to another. Heck, sometimes it depends on whether I read it before or after I drink my coffee. I am sure as ever I could be that Nano was pulling my leg in a nice way and in the same way as always. We've had a little joking before about my going into a lot of detail and asking detailed questions, so there's a little humor behind there too that wouldn't necessarily be obvious.

I think Nano knows I'm not that far away from Minneapolis, although he may not know how big I am, so he wouldn't really be looking for a fight :lol: . Also, I could send my friend with the tambourine up there.

Actually, Nano is in a funny situation. The other day he said "Great idea, Cynth!" to me and I accused him of sounding too much like a moderator! :lol:

About your fleece. Don't they have some kind of elixir for that? Patchy fleece could really affect a lamb's point of view, to say the least! :)
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cynth wrote:As always in this strange printed form of communication, sometimes something will come across one way to one person and differently to another.
Hence my use of emoticons. (:poke:, y'all)
Cynth wrote:I am sure as ever I could be that Nano was pulling my leg in a nice way and in the same way as always. We've had a little joking before about my going into a lot of detail and asking detailed questions, so there's a little humor behind there too that wouldn't necessarily be obvious.
Thank you. We both have been ribbing each other for a while, now, and for an Iowan, you're pretty good at it. :wink:
Cynth wrote:I think Nano knows I'm not that far away from Minneapolis, although he may not know how big I am, so he wouldn't really be looking for a fight :lol: . Also, I could send my friend with the tambourine up there.

Fight? Hell, no. I'd just tell you to find me at the local session (and direct you to the one where the jug band folks hang out :wink: ) That friend of yours with the tambourine, though...I have to say I think of her somehow when I try to envision you. Sort of a happy, devil-may-care party gal. With a tambourine. And sunglasses Elton John would kill for. :wink:
Last edited by Nanohedron on Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Nanohedron wrote:
Cynth wrote:As always in this strange printed form of communication, sometimes something will come across one way to one person and differently to another.
Hence my use of emoticons. :poke:
Cynth wrote:I am sure as ever I could be that Nano was pulling my leg in a nice way and in the same way as always. We've had a little joking before about my going into a lot of detail and asking detailed questions, so there's a little humor behind there too that wouldn't necessarily be obvious.
Thank you. We both have been ribbing each other for a while, now, and for an Iowan, you're pretty good at it. :wink:
Cynth wrote:I think Nano knows I'm not that far away from Minneapolis, although he may not know how big I am, so he wouldn't really be looking for a fight :lol: . Also, I could send my friend with the tambourine up there.

Fight? Hell, no. I'd just tell you to find me at the local session (and direct you to the one where the jug band folks hang out :wink: ) That friend of yours with the tambourine, though...I have to say I think of her somehow when I try to envision you. Sort of a happy, devil-may-care party gal. With a tambourine. And sunglasses Elton John would kill for. :wink:
he he he,

I think you're trying to pull the wool over Cynths eyes :wink:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Me? Perish the thought.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Why look who just stopped by! Don't worry!
She's just wants to congratulate Nano on his moderatorship.

"YOU BOUT IT, DUDE!" :lol: :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I must be frickin' psychic. I knew it was only a matter of time.

I just love that pic. :)
djm

Post by djm »

Cynth wrote:Nano was pulling my leg
Oh, geez, now he's mauling the ladies. This just won't do for a moderator at all. It just won't do, I tell you. :o

That tambourine lady sure has a heck of a sunburn! Ouch! 8)

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Nanohedron wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I must be frickin' psychic. I knew it was only a matter of time.

I just love that pic. :)
That's good because it will always be only a matter of time. I've become rather fond of her for some reason. :lol:
djm wrote:
Cynth wrote:Nano was pulling my leg
Oh, geez, now he's mauling the ladies. This just won't do for a moderator at all. It just won't do, I tell you. :o

That tambourine lady sure has a heck of a sunburn! Ouch! 8)

djm
So would you have if you'd been playing with a Dixieland band all day in the hot sun of Cambridge, England!
I'm just assuming she's an official member of the band. :lol:
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Wow. Cambridge England is pretty crooked. It looks like they got their perspective mixed up when they built the town. It's a wonder that building doesn't fall over.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Flyingcursor wrote:Wow. Cambridge England is pretty crooked. It looks like they got their perspective mixed up when they built the town. It's a wonder that building doesn't fall over.
It's not the building, FlyDood. It's the street. See how it's all caved in in the middle? The building can't help but be like that.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Cynth wrote:I'm just assuming she's an official member of the band.
Maybe she is official, but you have to wonder about her pink jacket. There's a bit of a jarring note in that when you think about it. The others are wearing those garish striped jackets. Maybe she's a bandmember-in-training, and the pink jacket is a sign of her probationary status. Of course, maybe there's no probationary status for her, but she could have raised an understandable stink about having to wear those ugly jackets and the others said, "Okay, okay, wear what you like. We can't afford to lose a tambourine player, after all; trombonists we can get any day around here." Or she's a guest artist on loan from another record label. Or she might have been in charge of the photo-op and said, "Hey, you include me in the photo, or no publicity shot for you. Take it or leave it." Or maybe she just showed up and the photogapher didn't know any better.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Nanohedron wrote:
Maybe she is official, but you have to wonder about her pink jacket. There's a bit of a jarring note in that when you think about it. The others are wearing those garish striped jackets. Maybe she's a bandmember-in-training, and the pink jacket is a sign of her probationary status. Of course, maybe there's no probationary status for her, but she could have raised an understandable stink about having to wear those ugly jackets and the others said, "Okay, okay, wear what you like. We can't afford to lose a tambourine player, after all; trombonists we can get any day around here." Or she's a guest artist on loan from another record label. Or she might have been in charge of the photo-op and said, "Hey, you include me in the photo, or no publicity shot for you. Take it or leave it." Or maybe she just showed up and the photogapher didn't know any better.
Looks to me like your basic bimbo with a tamborine. The banjo player picked her up the night before in the lounge of the Ramada Inn where she works as sales manager, and he promised her she could be in the band if she would buff his white bucks and let him frail her.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

gonzo914 wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
Looks to me like your basic bimbo with a tamborine. The banjo player picked her up the night before in the lounge of the Ramada Inn where she works as sales manager, and he promised her she could be in the band if she would buff his white bucks and let him frail her.
Ah, yes. Frailty. The human condition.