Flutes for Sale - Olwell, Jon C., Whittier

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
herbivore12
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Flutes for Sale - Olwell, Jon C., Whittier

Post by herbivore12 »

All:

Sad as it is, due to recent catastrophic flooding and, a few weeks later, a layoff, I'm forced to sell some of my remaining instruments. I also have some whistles for sale over on the whistle forum, if you're interested.

Here's a pic of the bamboo flutes up for grabs:

1. Olwell Eb: great shape, and a great player. Olwell bamboo flutes are more in tune between octaves than other bamboo flutes I've played, and this one's no different. Agile, easy finger spread (about like a conical D), and loads of fun. I see that Pat has been selling his own bamboo flutes on E-Bay, and that they're going for frighteningly large sums ($250 and up!). So I won't feel too bad about asking $175 (OBO) + shipping for this flute, which I got directly from Pat.

[SOLD]2. Olwell C: (high C, not low!). As above, but in a different key. $70 (OBO) + shipping. If you have really big hands, like me, this may not be a comfortable flute to hold; I feel cramped. It'd probably feel easy to a fife-player. But man is it loud! Scare the neighbors' dogs. . .

3. Jeff Whittier bansuri in E (western key). 6 holes, rather than seven. A fine bansuri for anyone intersted in learning the instrument. I'm asking the same that Whittier currently charges: $80 + shipping.

[SOLD]Next up (this one hurts) is a blackwood Rudall-Carte style flute by our own Jon C.:

A very nice flute. It has the decorative silver rings that Jon is known for, a silver tuning slide, and a screw-adjustable cork that's moved by twisting the endcap. An easy player, with a flexible tone; I think there are several
reviews of Jon's flutes here on the board, if you do a search. I'm asking what I (think I) paid for it: $520 (OBO) + shipping. I'll throw in the hard pistol case for free.

(Jon, if I got the price significantly wrong -- I was going by the last PM you sent me when the flute was ready -- let me know, and I'll adjust the price here!)

No cracks or other problems on any of the flutes, by the way; they're all in great shape.

PM me with any questions, offers, or interest. I'll respond as quickly as possible, though I'm also doing some intense job hunting, so please be patient!

--Aaron
Last edited by herbivore12 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

What's that Jon C flute made of? Did I just miss it in the original post?
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
herbivore12

Post by herbivore12 »

Congratulations wrote:What's that Jon C flute made of? Did I just miss it in the original post?
Blackwood. Thanks for the reminder; I edited the post!
zampex
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by zampex »

Aaron

Please check your PM
Lorenzo
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Sad news about the flood.

So sorry I'm broke this month. That Eb was calling for me... :oops: