The Evolution of Dancing

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

The Evolution of Dancing

Post by Henke »

Maybe some of you have seen this already, but I just thought this guy is too good to miss, so in case someone hasn't seen it, here's the evolution of dancing.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... tion+dance
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

This was already brought to us by Izzarina. A simple search shows it was quite recently: http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... 1be09c2099

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

:lol: Well, maybe some people didn't see it the first time. I mean, if you have to do a search before you post anything that would stop me in my tracks. Okay, I know that could be a good thing. :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Miseryguts here in his cave in the 12th Century didn't think it was funny. Sorry, I just didn't get it. Fair dancing, but why is it funny?
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Miseryguts here in his cave in the 12th Century didn't think it was funny. Sorry, I just didn't get it. Fair dancing, but why is it funny?
Because it reminds of all the dorky dances we used to do back in the day. Jeez, did I ACTUALLY behave like that in public? Maybe ya had to be there...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

djm wrote:This was already brought to us by Izzarina. A simple search shows it was quite recently: http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... 1be09c2099

djm
What does a complex search reveal?
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

brewerpaul wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:Miseryguts here in his cave in the 12th Century didn't think it was funny. Sorry, I just didn't get it. Fair dancing, but why is it funny?
Because it reminds of all the dorky dances we used to do back in the day. Jeez, did I ACTUALLY behave like that in public? Maybe ya had to be there...
Ah... well. That explains it. (I never did.)
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Innocent Bystander wrote:
brewerpaul wrote:
Yep, same problem. The first couple I recognized from high school and they were funny to me, but the others didn't mean a thing to me. It was interesting to see how my participation in popular culture had such a sharp cut-off point. It wasn't anything intentional, it just sort of happened. I think you definitely had to be there for it to be funny.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Denny

Post by Denny »

Flyingcursor wrote:
djm wrote:This was already brought to us by Izzarina. A simple search shows it was quite recently: http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... 1be09c2099

djm
That someone has SQL access to the database...They sure ain't using the phpBB search front end. :wink:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Denny wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:

djm
That someone has SQL access to the database...They sure ain't using the phpBB search front end. :wink:
Well, I typed in "dance and evolution" and izzy's thread came up on the first page. But I still don't think people need to do that because that would stop people from bothering to post and then life would be boring.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Flyingcursor wrote:

djm
yikes...I don't know if I want to know that one :o
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Cynth wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:
brewerpaul wrote: Because it reminds of all the dorky dances we used to do back in the day. Jeez, did I ACTUALLY behave like that in public? Maybe ya had to be there...
Yep, same problem. The first couple I recognized from high school and they were funny to me, but the others didn't mean a thing to me. It was interesting to see how my participation in popular culture had such a sharp cut-off point. It wasn't anything intentional, it just sort of happened. I think you definitely had to be there for it to be funny.
Mr. Izz didn't think it was all that funny either. I, on the other hand, was still laughing about it for a few days afterwards. But then that probably shows that I have a warped sense of humor or something....either that or I was having yet another blonde moment. :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

The only part I laughed at, in an "out-loud" manner, was when
Macarena was played, and he started the movements, then
just shook his head in an "even I have standards" kinda way.
Once again, probably only funny to Americans who were
youngish in the 90's.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

fearfaoin wrote:The only part I laughed at, in an "out-loud" manner, was when
Macarena was played, and he started the movements, then
just shook his head in an "even I have standards" kinda way.
Once again, probably only funny to Americans who were
youngish in the 90's.
When I was in Georgia, I went to see a version of the Nutcracker Suite. At one part they actually did the Macarena.

I thought that that was a low point of my going to shows until I went to the Magic Flute and they mentioned avian flu as a joke.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."