black plague

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Roger O'Keeffe
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

GaryKelly wrote:Ring a ring o' roses
A pocketful of posies
ah-tishoo,ah-tishoo,
We all fall down.
According to the collective scholarship of the Mucdat Tavern, this is an urban myth.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:
A pocketful of posies
ah-tishoo,ah-tishoo,
We all fall down.
According to the collective scholarship of the Mucdat Tavern, this is an urban myth.
I've heard it said in rural areas too.
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Town mouse must have been talking to country mouse.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

perrins57 wrote:
Lambchop wrote: One group of researchers exhumed plague pits from two different episodes of the Black Death, one being the 1347 one, and found Yersinia pestis DNA in the remains contained in both of them.
How to kill a conversation at a party.
Well, I suppose I should thank you for being kind enough to let me know that. It never would have occurred to me. I thought it was appropriate--and interesting--considering the rest of this thread, but I guess I didn't recognize when to stop.

Now you can see why I'm not such a popular party attendee. If I'm not saying something boring, I'm putting everyone off their food. Or, I'm attracting ridicule by engaging in some sort of repetitive motion, or because my face isn't animated enough, or because I'm squirming in itchy, poke-y dress clothes, or something. It's always something. I'm always doing something wrong.

Sometimes, people make a point of telling me that I'm not invited to their party, or dinner, or picnic, or sitting-out-to-watch-fireworks. Sometimes they phrase it as "we didn't invite you because we didn't think you'd want to go," but other times they just come out and say I'm not wanted and don't show up. They don't need to worry, though--I wouldn't go even if they invited me. It's just too much work.

I'm hugely popular when people want something from me, though. Go figure.
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:
A pocketful of posies
ah-tishoo,ah-tishoo,
We all fall down.
That's probably true, but it's still a nice story to tell the wee ones at bedtime.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

Lambchop wrote: If I'm not saying something boring, I'm putting everyone off their food.
I can't believe that! There are several of us on this board that think you're quite tasty.
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
djm

Post by djm »

Its true. I never invite Lambchop to any social event. :D

LC, sometimes people say something because it is a cliché response, not because they really mean it, or are offended, e.g. sometimes someone will put in an "Eeeewwwww" as a programmed response. No need to take it personally. Its usually making fun of the programmed response.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

djm wrote:Its true. I never invite Lambchop to any social event. :D

LC, sometimes people say something because it is a cliché response, not because they really mean it, or are offended, e.g. sometimes someone will put in an "Eeeewwwww" as a programmed response. No need to take it personally. Its usually making fun of the programmed response.

djm
What he just said.

ps. DM did you mean Eeewwww or Ewe?
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
djm

Post by djm »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks. Love the sauce! :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.