My missing Copeland Low D has surfaced! (update on p. 2)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
lesl
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello, I'm Lesl, I teach and play Irish flute. Just updating my web address. Thank you for reading this!

Post by lesl »

avanutria wrote:USPS Domestic Priority Mail, Insured.
oh chud. :sniffle: they've got a lot of nerve losing one of those. Maybe it is accidentally sitting in a post office waiting to be collected? In Feb, the postman told me that often that's where packages are "lost". And in fact that happened to me once, no notice of delivery failure, just sitting in the post office for a week "unclaimed" till I went in and asked for it..
regor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by regor »

If you think it got lost forever at some point, perhaps it would be a good idea to list it at the registry of stolen flutes: http://www.flutenet.com/stolen.htm
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Good news, my brother has possession of the Copeland! An email in my box today said:

"I have the whistle with me! You were right, they said they left a message (two even) in my mailbox and I never got anything. I checked in with them and they had it in the back."

He's on his way to see me in England as we speak, so by this time tomorrow I should have it in hand. Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions and stories - without them I doubt we would have located it in time for this visit.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

avanutria wrote:Good news, my brother has possession of the Copeland! An email in my box today said:

"I have the whistle with me! You were right, they said they left a message (two even) in my mailbox and I never got anything. I checked in with them and they had it in the back."

He's on his way to see me in England as we speak, so by this time tomorrow I should have it in hand. Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions and stories - without them I doubt we would have located it in time for this visit.
YAY! Glad to hear "not just surfacing" but "just in time"!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

I just love happy endings !! :) Have a wonderful visit with your brother. Also , take some time to welcome back and play a bit with an old "friend" !! Enjoy the Copeland !! :)

Have a Great Day and Fun Whistling !!
Coming to you live from "The Black Hole of Whistledom"
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I'm so glad it wasn't stolen.
Reasonable person
Walden
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

The mailmen/women don't like to go down a big driveway on Saturdays. I sometimes find a pink slip in the box, but I know they didn't come to the door as I will wait.

Good to see that the Whistle isn't lost or stolen.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

that's really great news. :)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

YAY!!!! :party:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.