Car for sale: 1968 Dodge dart

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TubeDude

Post by TubeDude »

20K on rebuilt engine. Good tires. Great transportation. Has shamrock sticker on rear window. $3,500 Canadian.
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

What key does it play in?
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Okay, that's pretty funny :lol:

Loren
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

How often does it need to be tuned?
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Indeed, is it even tunable? I had a Dodge Dart once, and I couldn't get a decent bell note on it. It was an older style, though, so maybe the fipple has been improved. If Dixon can do it, so can Dodge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blackhawk on 2002-08-28 10:36 ]</font>
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

What a deal...I would buy this, but I might have a problem playing it because I have medium-sized hands. Maybe I should try a piper's grip...

Cheers
Dewhistle
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dewhistle »

My brother once had a caramel-colored Dart... must've been brass. He loaned it to another of my brothers who ruined it. Couldn't figure out why they needed a tow-truck for a whistle... And how on earth did he run a whistle into a tree?

But then, he put a handful of bottlerockets into his pocket once and a spark ignited it. Stupid.
"We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed. But we're going back again in a couple of weeks..."
Dewhistle

Post by Dewhistle »

For sale: some illusions, slightly used, just like new.

Marlene Dietrich
"We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed. But we're going back again in a couple of weeks..."
TubeDude

Post by TubeDude »

On 2002-08-28 10:14, Loren wrote:
Okay, that's pretty funny :lol:

Loren
I knew YOU would get it. Tho' I forgot the part about it being on Eb-hey and to email me if interested.
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

Several concerns about the Dart.

Understand that I don't want to criticize anyone's taste in an instrument but I found the fipple to be excessively large.

I also thought there was too much back pressure when I tried to blow the exhaust back in through the engine. One advantage though is that it warms up faster than other metal whistles and is particularly handy for those of you who like to play at stop lights.

Also, I wouldn't recommend it for long slow tunes. If you stick to the fast tunes your less likely to burn your lips.

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

On 2002-08-28 12:40, Doc Jones wrote:
One advantage though is that it warms up faster than other metal whistles

Doc
I thought Dodges were supposed to be cold-natured.
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

Sure, the Dart has a unique look to it, which some players find attractive. But I'm concerned about the toxicity of this one. A new Dart fresh out of the package emits some nasty fumes, and unlike most whistles, this one seems to get more toxic as it ages. And even after playing just a short tune on a Dart, it leaves your lips all numb and a nasty taste in your mouth.
TubeDude

Post by TubeDude »

On 2002-08-28 14:19, Sunnywindo wrote:
Sure, the Dart has a unique look to it, which some players find attractive. But I'm concerned about the toxicity of this one. A new Dart fresh out of the package emits some nasty fumes, and unlike most whistles, this one seems to get more toxic as it ages. And even after playing just a short tune on a Dart, it leaves your lips all numb and a nasty taste in your mouth.
Look, I don't care what you lamers think. You are insignificant. I sell cars to professional drivers and it's their opinions that matter. Nothing that the average driver does can impact the auto indistry. You are a bunch of asphalt. Sometimes I'm asphalt, but this time I'm right. No, I am not speaking for Chrysler.
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

My son wants me to buy it so he can run over it with his GREAT BIG REDNECK TRUCK. Then it wouldn't matter what key it was or if you had to warm it up to play it.
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

On 2002-08-28 14:30, TubeDude wrote:

Look, I don't care what you lamers think. You are insignificant. I sell cars to professional drivers and it's their opinions that matter. Nothing that the average driver does can impact the auto indistry. You are a bunch of asphalt. Sometimes I'm asphalt, but this time I'm right. No, I am not speaking for Chrysler.
LOL! Good one. Can you throw in some Firestone tires?
/Bloomfield