Phil Hardy to be sainted...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
William T. Anderson

Phil Hardy to be sainted...

Post by William T. Anderson »

I hereby dub Phil Hardy as St. Phil Hardy in your hearing...

I am a player of Chieftain whistles, my hands and mind have adjusted to them and therefore I'm "hooked" on them you might say. Well listen to this...

Phil, as most know makes the famous Chieftain brand and has stopped producing Bnat for whatever reason for the time being. I am producing an ambient Christian worship album for which some of my work is in B. So I set out on a world search to find me a Chiefy in Bnat. NOWHERE on the planet could I find one. I finally got a call from a friend who know's everybody in the whistle world and he found ONE, one and only one at a retail shop in California who's name I will withhold. I found out "after hours" so I called and left a detailed message that I would TAKE the Bnat Chieftain and call back the next day after work to pay for it. I got a call during that day from a sales guy and he said, "Yes we got the whistle and it was no problem". I found this message when I got home. So I call up the store and with great joy said that I was calling to buy it. The guy on the phone checked his computer and said, "You know this is a uncommon key for people to buy and we don't sell them very often but funny enough this whistle was sold just an hour ago to someone from Jamacia NY, are you calling from Jamacia NY?." I reached through the phone and strangled the guy to death and the police carted me away and charged me with murder 1 and I'm now typing this post from jail...

Ok that last part wasn't true... :D

He said it was already sent to post and nothing he could do about it. He had the nerve to sugest a Susato in its stead. So, sadly I hung up the phone and cryed into my pillow. Ok, that didn't happen either but I did cry a email to Phil asking him if he had any leads to let me know. Here comes the cool part...
Phil emailed me back and said, "Hey if you need it that bad you can have mine." So he's sending me his own Chieftain Bnat...
I hereby in your hearing dub Phil Hardy, St. Phil Hardy. The christening of his full figured statue including the ponytail will be held at the Whistler's Hall of Fame Friday at 7:30.
People can say what they want about the man, in my books actions speak louder than anything and this is an awesome gesture worthy of recognition, IMO...

Thanks Phil, you won't read this for a week or so but good on ya.

WTA
Last edited by William T. Anderson on Wed May 10, 2006 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
TinwhistleJulian
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TinwhistleJulian »

Well, except this nice kind of whistle help , a bag of rice is fallen down :lol:
Julian O`Donovan

´´We all have the same heaven above us ,but not all the same horizon ´´ (Konrad Adenauer)

The long and winding road ,that leads..............
Trip-

Post by Trip- »

That's not the first time I see Phil doing a nice thing like that ;)
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

Not the first time for me eighter. Phil is an awesome fellow. He must be one of the nicest people on this earth.
When my non-tuneable low-D was out of tune (although it wasn't, the accordion I tuned to was out of tune, but I thought it was the whistle) I sent it to Phil. He must have discovered that it was perfectly in tune. But he didn't say anything about it, he just sent me a tuneable one instead, no charge at all. Those are quite a bit more expensive.

I don't care eighter what anyone says about him. For me, he will allways be one of the nicest fellows I've ever dealt with.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Dibs on the Phil dashboard figurine franchise!
(sorry. :wink: )
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

Trip- wrote:That's not the first time I see Phil doing a nice thing like that ;)
No, you and Henke are right-can't beat his generosity or customer service, that's for sure.

But, how about if we just Knight him instead of the Saint stuff?-I kinda think that Phil might prefer to being a Knight of the Realm instead. :wink:
~~~~
Barry
dow
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by dow »

greenspiderweb wrote:
Trip- wrote:That's not the first time I see Phil doing a nice thing like that ;)
No, you and Henke are right-can't beat his generosity or customer service, that's for sure.

But, how about if we just Knight him instead of the Saint stuff?-I kinda think that Phil might prefer to being a Knight of the Realm instead. :wink:
Might not be a bad idea, especially since you kind of have to be dead to become a saint. :boggle:
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
William T. Anderson

greenspiderweb wrote:

Ok, I gotta confess, I'm note the pope and I really don't have the power to saint Phil Hardy, it's all just my ego getting the best of me and I'm so very sorry! I just want the best for my Phil, he really is a good person...(Dabs tear from his eye with a tissue and sobs uncontrolably.)

And I really can't knight him either as i'm thankfully not a/the queen... :D
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

This is getting dangerously close to the "separation of church and whistles" controversy. Do I have to call the moderator? :wink:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
William T. Anderson

Not Nero, never Nero! Shhhhhhhh, I'll be good I really hate the coliseum and those big crowds... I love lions though...expect the being devoured by them part but the cubs are sooooooo cute... :D
Claus von Weiss

Post by Claus von Weiss »

Phil Hardy to be sainted ... :really:

... well, and perhaps a Nobelprice to George W.... :lol:

Claus (advocatus diaboli :devil: )
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

The history of the Chiff is littered with many acts of kindness among the members. The vast majority of these go unmentioned in the forums.

Little acts of kindness are by nature, private.

After all, it would be an awful shame if somebody with a cynical mind came along and said something concerning a whistle maker giving out free samples of his work being just self publicity/promotion.

If I were to be sent such a gift I would never mention it on the boards for fear leaving the person vulnerable to the very cynical comments I refer to above.

The PM button can save so much trouble and strife.

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I have seen Phil do this a couple of times. I have always thought it very nice.

Plus, look what his website videos have done in the Whistle world. He does that all without getting anything in return.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

dubhlinn wrote:The history of the Chiff is littered with many acts of kindness among the members. The vast majority of these go unmentioned in the forums.

Little acts of kindness are by nature, private.
Good points, Dubh. I've received free whistles from makers and given some pretty nice whistles away to other listmembers. I'm no saint. I suspect that if every person who received a free whistle from a maker started a new thread, all sorts of posting records would be set on the whistle forum.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Monster

Post by Monster »

insert uber smart comment here