Popularity

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
CRC

Popularity

Post by CRC »

Why is the Chiff & Fipple Forum so popular? Does it have to do with being around longer (or longest) ? It seems like a busy place in comparison to some other forums with related topics.
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

Cuz it's the BESTERESTEREST!
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
CRC

Post by CRC »

Congratulations wrote:Cuz it's the BESTERESTEREST!
Okay, if you say so. :lol: Just kidding, of course it is!
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I think Dale has a lot to do with it. The main C&F page is brilliant -- it's informative, clever, and funny in places. It's how I discovered the forum, and I came here with the expectation that the forum would have the same mix of information and lightheartedness. I suspect I'm not unique in this. And the board and its members and moderators do a pretty good job of keeping the spirit.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

No, it's the Ultimatest. :wink:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

jsluder wrote:
No, it's the Ultimatest. :wink:
Ultimatesteresterest?
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
CRC

Post by CRC »

chas wrote:I think Dale has a lot to do with it. The main C&F page is brilliant -- it's informative, clever, and funny in places. It's how I discovered the forum, and I came here with the expectation that the forum would have the same mix of information and lightheartedness. I suspect I'm not unique in this. And the board and its members and moderators do a pretty good job of keeping the spirit.
Yes, I agree with your observation. :)
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Format, participants and everything is game.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

chas wrote:I think Dale has a lot to do with it. The main C&F page is brilliant -- it's informative, clever, and funny in places. It's how I discovered the forum, and I came here with the expectation that the forum would have the same mix of information and lightheartedness. I suspect I'm not unique in this. And the board and its members and moderators do a pretty good job of keeping the spirit.
You see, after Dale's front page draws 'em in, then my razor like wit, keen smelling socks and mindless banter hooks 'em... but good!. :D :D :D
Denny

Post by Denny »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
You see, after Dale's front page draws 'em in, then my razor like wit, keen smelling socks and mindless banter hooks 'em... but good!. :D :D :D
keen? KEEN, ya say!

you're messing with Nano now! :twisted:
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Denny wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:
keen? KEEN, ya say!

COOL!!!! HE'S a POPULAR fellow....... I wonder if he has keen smelling socks too? Hmmmmmmm....
Denny

Post by Denny »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
Denny wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote: You see, after Dale's front page draws 'em in, then my razor like wit, keen smelling socks and mindless banter hooks 'em... but good!. :D :D :D
keen? KEEN, ya say!

COOL!!!! HE'S a POPULAR fellow....... I wonder if he has keen smelling socks too? Hmmmmmmm....
Nanohedron wrote:
Peggy wrote:When men discuss that "special scent," they're talking about Stench.
Maybe I was, and maybe I wasn't. Kind of hard to tell over pixels, isn't it. I am, for the record, like, totally hip to what you're talking about per the scent thing, Peggy. It works both ways, in case you didn't know. Still, I'll leave you to guess as to whether I was boasting of my pheromones or my socks. :wink:
hard to say!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I'm popular? Wow. I didn't know that meant "aggravating git who won't shut up".
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Folks come for the whistles, but they stay for the drama. :P
Reasonable person
Walden
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Walden wrote:Folks come for the whistles, but they stay for the drama. :P