Chris Langan 2006

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
magroibin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by magroibin »

As of this afternoon the Feathers B&B had one room left at $75 per night.
Great place and lots of CLW attendees stay there.
http://www.bbcanada.com/1115.html

Not too far to walk after a few tunes and a few pints!!!

Paul
upiper71

Post by upiper71 »

I got lucky.. :o
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

upiper71 wrote:I got lucky.. :o
Get it while you can. There won't be much at CLW. :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

magroibin wrote:I said to some folks that I was going to be putting my Chris Langan/Ginsburg pipes up for sale at the Chris Langan weekend. However, I still need to do more reed work on the set to get the chanter, drones and regs properly balanced. (I was wanting to have this done by now but I've been working too much overtime!! :x )

The set consists of a Chris Langan chanter with Cnat key, 2 wooden chanter tops (for different diameter bag intakes), spare practise bag and padded bellows. The drones and regs are by Ginsburg. (There used to be a picture of them up on the Chris Langan website but I see that Paul has re-jigged the picture section.)

I am willing to part with just the drones and regs if someone wants to add to their existing practise set. Otherwise it is for sale as a full set.

If anyone wants me to bring them to the weekend for a "look see" let me know. Otherwise I'm going to keep working on the reeds until I'm satisfied.

Paul
You should post a photo of the set, or at least a photo of the chanter.
PJ
upiper71

Post by upiper71 »

PJ wrote:
magroibin wrote:I said to some folks that I was going to be putting my Chris Langan/Ginsburg pipes up for sale at the Chris Langan weekend. However, I still need to do more reed work on the set to get the chanter, drones and regs properly balanced. (I was wanting to have this done by now but I've been working too much overtime!! :x )

The set consists of a Chris Langan chanter with Cnat key, 2 wooden chanter tops (for different diameter bag intakes), spare practise bag and padded bellows. The drones and regs are by Ginsburg. (There used to be a picture of them up on the Chris Langan website but I see that Paul has re-jigged the picture section.)

I am willing to part with just the drones and regs if someone wants to add to their existing practise set. Otherwise it is for sale as a full set.

If anyone wants me to bring them to the weekend for a "look see" let me know. Otherwise I'm going to keep working on the reeds until I'm satisfied.

Paul
You should post a photo of the set, or at least a photo of the chanter.
Hey PJ,

I'll be toting the digital camera along so we should get a few high-res pics anyways
magroibin

Post by magroibin »

Here ya go!

The first pic has the full set with a Joe Kennedy wooden chanter top so that it fits more standard bag inlets.

The bottom picture is the original Chris Langan practise set. It's same chanter in both pics - different tops.
steph_c

TRANZAC club

Post by steph_c »

Question for the staff:

How early will the Tranzac club be open tomorrow?

Cheers,
Stephanie
djm

Post by djm »

The Tranzac is first and foremost a boozer, so I expect it to be open from at least noon. http://www.tranzac.org/tranzac_index.html
Registration for CLW starts on Friday at 5:30 p.m. through to 7:30 p.m. after which the fireworks begin.

djm
Joseph E. Smith

Re: TRANZAC club

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

bradhurley wrote: If nobody else is there already, we might start out with a Bb session, as the ice machine provides a spot-on Bb drone.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What some will do for a decent drone. :lol:
bradhurley

Re: TRANZAC club

Post by bradhurley »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
bradhurley wrote: If nobody else is there already, we might start out with a Bb session, as the ice machine provides a spot-on Bb drone.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What some will do for a decent drone. :lol:
Tee hee -- I had just deleted my post as I realized I mistakenly posted this publicly and not as a PM to Stephanie. Oh well!

The last time Mick O'Brien was in Toronto (for Chris Langan Weekend when it was still happening in the dead of winter), his drone reeds clammed up due to the low temperatures and ultra-low humidity of the Toronto winter. So during his concert he jokingly invited everyone to the upstairs bathroom so he could play his Bb chanter with the ice-machine's drones!
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

That's funny stuff. :D
upiper71

Post by upiper71 »

magroibin wrote:Here ya go!

The first pic has the full set with a Joe Kennedy wooden chanter top so that it fits more standard bag inlets.

The bottom picture is the original Chris Langan practise set. It's same chanter in both pics - different tops.
Yep! That's a Langan bellows alright! Nice pics, thanks again, we'll see ya tommorow.

D
upiper71

Post by upiper71 »

djm wrote:
upiper71 wrote:I got lucky.. :o
Get it while you can. There won't be much at CLW. :wink:

djm
:lol: It gonna be one of those huh?.... :lol:

Are you going Dave?

Daryl Mc.
djm

Post by djm »

Yes. I'll be the fool on crutches, pouring sweat and gasping out his last breath before turning blue and keeling over. I think I will be inviting a lot of suffering, but since this is the only tionól of the year I feel I'd better make the effort.

Hope to see you there.

djm
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

djm, if you're on your last legs, can I have your B set??? :wink:

And waddaya mean "only tionol of the year". There's the Pipers' Gathering in August which is within reasonable driving distance.
PJ