419 Scammers Reach a New Low

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

419 Scammers Reach a New Low

Post by Unseen122 »

I have been trying to sell my GHBs and here is the latest 419 scam I got:

Thanks for the mail and sorry for late response....
Having read your mail, everything is okay with me including your asking price. I am
presently in israel on a church mission so i would rather instruct a client of mine in the state who is owing me to issue and send you the money by us money order cashable in any us bank, if this is okay with you, kindly get back to me with your details
as follows so that i could forward it to my client to issue and send the payment to you.

Email me your name as to appear on the cheque
The address where you want to receive the check.
your phone numbers.

Once the cheque cleared, i have a reliable shipping agent company who will come over to your place for the pick up without given you any stress.

If this suit you fine, kindly email me back asap with your details for payment.....

I expect your response,

Best regards,
Mr Dan Rowley..

Now they claim to be an American on a church mission in Isreal, here is why they aren't.

First of all, why is there a need for a mission in Isreal? I thought the point of a mission was to help those in need and spread Chrsitianity. Now, there are people in need, but I doubt the the people living in the place where the religion's head figure was born need to learn about it.

Second, what native English speaker writes like this?

Third, how many Americans spell it "cheque," and I thought I was dealing with a money order. Which is a completly different beast than a check. Also notice who he speaks of three different payment types.

Fourth, who signs their name in a way like Mr (first and last name) notice how they missed the period after Mr.

I can always tell a scam, in fact from this guys first email I knew it was probably a scam, but in the chance that it wasn't I replied.

BTW, the new low is claiming to be on a church mission to seem like a trustworthy person.
Last edited by Unseen122 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lambchop

Re: 419 Scammers Reach a New Low

Post by Lambchop »

Unseen122 wrote:I have been trying to sell my GHBs and here is the latest 419 scam I got:

Thanks for the mail and sorry for late response....
Having read your mail, everything is okay with me including your asking price. I am
presently in israel on a church mission so i would rather instruct a client of mine in the state who is owing me to issue and send you the money by us money order cashable in any us bank, if this is okay with you, kindly get back to me with your details
as follows so that i could forward it to my client to issue and send the payment to you.

Email me your name as to appear on the cheque
The address where you want to receive the check.
your phone numbers.

Once the cheque cleared, i have a reliable shipping agent company who will come over to your place for the pick up without given you any stress.

If this suit you fine, kindly email me back asap with your details for payment.....

I expect your response,

Best regards,
Mr Dan Rowley..

. . . snip . . .

Second, what native English speaker writes like this? .

Err, hmm . . . well . . . if you must know . . . physicians.

Well, that's not entirely true, as they're actually far worse.

Can you tell what I spent the day dealing with? :evil:
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Unseen122 wrote: Second, what native English speaker writes like this?
Unseen122 wrote: Fourth, who signs their name in a way like Mr (first and last name) notice who they missed the period after Mr.
:P
/Bloomfield
emmline

Post by emmline »

Bloomfield wrote::P
you is bad and you knows it.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

:lol:

Damn typos.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Mea culpa. 8) I like making fun of native speakers who make fun of non-native speakers.
/Bloomfield
Unseen122

Post by Unseen122 »

I wasn't trying to be mean, but if someone is trying to scam me out of my money they should atleast know how to write my language decently.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Unseen122 wrote:I wasn't trying to be mean, but if someone is trying to scam me out of my money they should atleast know how to write my language decently.
Yeah, well, I have my views on that, too. Since you don't have to be able to speak in complete English sentences to become President, I don't see why any sort of language skills should be required for scamming (it's not that different, after all).

And besides, if that scammer had grown up not in Nigeria but in cushy New Jersey with a room full of musical instruments and never a care in the world except how to get some respect on the chiffboard, he wouldn't be resorting to 419s and the British spellings for check and Mr., either. ;)
/Bloomfield
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Unseen122 wrote:I am
presently in israel on a church mission ....

...Now they claim to be an American on a church mission in Isreal, here is why they aren't.

First of all, why is there a need for a mission in Isreal? I thought the point of a mission was to help those in need and spread Chrsitianity. Now, there are people in need, but I doubt the the people living in the place where the religion's head figure was born need to learn about it.
I'm certainly glad you didn't lose your pipes in a scam.

In the interest of accuracy though, there are Christian missionaries in Israel. In fact, there are apparently some people there who are upset about this.
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9707/08/israel.missionaries/

I think it is probably safe to assume that there are Christian missionaries in almost every country.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

Cynth wrote:I think it is probably safe to assume that there are Christian missionaries in almost every country.
Fortunately, there are no laws against their forceful elimination; much like crabgrass.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Yeah, if you were going to send them back, where would you sent them to: Israel?
That's where all this business started, isn't it?

In fact, I put it to you, isn't Israel where the Christian Missionaries started out?

eh?

Sorry, DJM, I think there are laws. You can't win 'em all.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
djm

Post by djm »

IBystander wrote:Sorry, DJM, I think there are laws. You can't win 'em all.
Darn. :swear:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

There was a Christian group, whose leader was arrested in Israel about a year ago trying to stir up trouble to hasten the Second Coming of Christ. I think they deported him. I heard his followers denied him three times before the cock crowed.
Tony :devil:
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

My neighbor, who happens to be a very sweet person, once explained to me why she went on a Christian mission to Ireland. That one brings a "Oh, my goodness! What in the world??" raised eyebrow to my face every time I recall it.
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
Miwokhill

Post by Miwokhill »

Not that surprising since I don't think the American Christian movement consider Catholics as Christians. :lol: