Gilbert Gottfried named worlds un-sexiest man!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Gilbert Gottfried named worlds un-sexiest man!!!

Post by Tyler »

MSNBC wrote: The voice of the AFLAC duck has been named the Unsexiest Man in the World.

Comedian Gilbert Gottfried tops the list compiled by the Boston Phoenix's Web site. The list is a mix of entertainers, sports stars, even terrorists. Osama bin Laden is number eight on the list.
The whole article can be found Here

Any nominations for the list???
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

These lists (both sexiest and unsexiest) are stupid....I can easily think of a handful of people I've met over the course of my carrer that would make Godfried look like Rico Suave.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Wanderer wrote:These lists (both sexiest and unsexiest) are stupid....I can easily think of a handful of people I've met over the course of my carrer that would make Godfried look like Rico Suave.
Agreed. To exclude the ranks of hideous computer geeks, it should
be "top 100 public figures who are so unattractive you wonder how
anyone can stand to point a camera at them."
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

fearfaoin wrote: Agreed. To exclude the ranks of hideous computer geeks, it should
be "top 100 public figures who are so unattractive you wonder how
anyone can stand to point a camera at them."
Actually, it should be something like "top 100 unsexiest people popular enough for you to care that they're on this list"...and in that sense, no matter what list Godfried's on, he's won. ;)
Bloomfield

Re: Gilbert Gottfried named worlds un-sexiest man!!!

Post by Bloomfield »

Tyler Morris wrote:
MSNBC wrote: The voice of the AFLAC duck has been named the Unsexiest Man in the World.
It's so silly how Americans can't tell the difference between "U.S.A." and "the World" (or between "man" and "well-known Hollywood type," as Wanderer points out). Yawn.
/Bloomfield
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

That's something of a relief. Now I know my last girlfriend was just being spiteful!
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Bloomfield wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:
It's so silly how Americans can't tell the difference between "U.S.A." and "the World" (or between "man" and "well-known Hollywood type," as Wanderer points out). Yawn.
Tis our (Americans) obsession with fantasy worlds (U.S.A.) and all that entails. A good example... Walt Disney World (a county in Fl U.S.A.). :D :lol:
carrie

Post by carrie »

Bloomfield wrote: Yawn.
While we're yawning though, I would just like to pass along a story. I was once at a gathering of some fellow members of the Unitarian church, which I mention because I went to the gathering with the expectation that everyone there was, to a certain degree, "prescreened" and probably most likable. There was a man there, with his wife, whose face struck me as very unattractive, to the point where I pitied him a little. As the evening continued and I actually talked with this man, and listened to his interactions with others, I developed a sense of deep kindness and goodness in this man along with a sweet and quick wit and obvious intelligence. And I was stunned when I realized that I could no longer even see what I thought was so ugly before; I honestly could not reconstruct what I thought was so unappealing. That is, he looked different--furthermore, he looked attractive. At an intellectual level we all know this phenomenon, but I have never had a more dramatic example in my life and I will never forget it.

So the moral of the story: look beyond the "pickle face" and parrot voice to the beauty of the inner Gilbert Gottfried. Well, okay, maybe not him, but, you know, generally.

Carol
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Bloomfield wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:
It's so silly how Americans can't tell the difference between "U.S.A." and "the World"
There's a difference? I couldn't tell.

...or can't tell the difference between "the last 20 years" and "of all time".
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

cskinner wrote:As the evening continued and I actually talked with this man, and listened to his interactions with others, I developed a sense of deep kindness and goodness in this man along with a sweet and quick wit and obvious intelligence. And I was stunned when I realized that I could no longer even see what I thought was so ugly before; I honestly could not reconstruct what I thought was so unappealing. That is, he looked different--furthermore, he looked attractive. At an intellectual level we all know this phenomenon, but I have never had a more dramatic example in my life and I will never forget it.
I am well aware of this phenomenon, and depend on it. Otherwise I would never get a girlfriend. (well, okay, it hasn't worked yet, but some day, I am sure I will meet someone who.... oh, nevermind.)

This is also the reason why I make a point of always being deeply kind and good and sweet, and so on.
/Bloomfield
carrie

Post by carrie »

Bloomfield wrote:This is also the reason why I make a point of always being deeply kind and good and sweet, and so on.
Bloomfield in another thread wrote:I'm cranky this morning, in case you hadn't noticed.
Ah, okay. :wink:

Carol
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

humph.
/Bloomfield
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

cskinner wrote:As the evening continued and I actually talked with this man, and listened to his interactions with others, I developed a sense of deep kindness and goodness in this man along with a sweet and quick wit and obvious intelligence. And I was stunned when I realized that I could no longer even see what I thought was so ugly before; I honestly could not reconstruct what I thought was so unappealing. That is, he looked different--furthermore, he looked attractive.
Carol
So I assume this was not a meeting of folks who are fans of books with titles like "Why Women Love Men Who Treat Them Like Dirt". I've had similar experiences to yours. The thing that always amazes me is that some of the creepiest, scummiest people I've known usually have someone that loves them, or something. Unhealthy people with healthy relationships. Hard to figure.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Well, I posted this 'cause I thought it might get a larff...
Don't you hate it when you're so terribly wrong.
Oh well.
GaryKelly wrote:That's something of a relief. Now I know my last girlfriend was just being spiteful!
Thanks for taking it in the spirit it was intended.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Yeah, (sigh) go back to Millionaire. :D