thewhistleshop.com experience...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
alpacama
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

the whistleshop.com experience

Post by alpacama »

Hi Steffie-
Yes, I am brand new to whistling (and playing any instrument!) My first whistle was a Clarke original (with the book and cd) which I have had for about 2 weeks. I love it, but people talk about comparing different whistles so I decided I better order more :D
So, I just ordered a Clarke Sweetone Celtic and a Feadog. I'm really looking forward to trying a different mouthpiece. Hopefully I'll receive them tomorrow. By the way, I've placed both the orders with The Whistle Shop and have been very pleased.
Have fun whistling!
**Tina
stephanielai

Post by stephanielai »

Hi! Tina
I also have a feadog D. what do you think about this whistle? I found that it is difficult to play the second octave. When I blow harder, it always screeches. I am not sure it is due to my breathing technique or my fingering. Do you have this problem?

Have a nice day
Steffie
Craig Stuntz

Post by Craig Stuntz »

stephanielai wrote:I also have a feadog D. what do you think about this whistle? I found that it is difficult to play the second octave. When I blow harder, it always screeches.
Many people find the second octave difficult when they first start with the whistle. The good news is that with practice this becomes much easier fairly quickly. Just keep playing tunes and it will come to you soon.
stephanielai

Re: thewhistleshop.com experience...

Post by stephanielai »

Dale wrote:
stephanielai wrote:I ordered a tutorial book on internet last week but up to today, I have not received it yet. I have sent email to them checking the estimate arrival date but no response. I don't know what can I do.

:( Steffie
I don't know. I'm thinking: You ordered last week and your location, at least on this board, is listed as Hong Kong.

:boggle:
I just want to report my status. I have not yet received my ordered items up to today. Several emails had been sent but still no response.
:-?
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

stephanielai wrote:
Dale wrote:
stephanielai wrote:I ordered a tutorial book on internet last week but up to today, I have not received it yet. I have sent email to them checking the estimate arrival date but no response. I don't know what can I do.

:( Steffie
I don't know. I'm thinking: You ordered last week and your location, at least on this board, is listed as Hong Kong.

I just want to report my status. I have not yet received my ordered items up to today. Several emails had been sent but still no response.
Please post a private message telling me your name and what you ordered. I'll call Thom at The Whistle Shop and tell him you're trying to get ahold of him. He is uniformly trustworthy and reliable, so I suspect he isn't getting your emails.

Best wishes,
Jerry
stephanielai

Post by stephanielai »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
stephanielai wrote:
Dale wrote: I don't know. I'm thinking: You ordered last week and your location, at least on this board, is listed as Hong Kong.

Please post a private message telling me your name and what you ordered. I'll call Thom at The Whistle Shop and tell him you're trying to get ahold of him. He is uniformly trustworthy and reliable, so I suspect he isn't getting your emails.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Jerry,

Thank you so much. I have received the reply from whistle shop. They have explained that it is usual for a shipment to take at least few weeks to arrive.

Steffie
Animation

Post by Animation »

Man these guys must be popular. I've been trying to call both lines for over an hour so I can place an order. Busy. Grr. Then again it is lunch time.

Lewis
Animation

Post by Animation »

OK these guys need a second phone line or something. I called their toll free number and the direct number every 5-10 minutes between 12:45 and 2:55 to no avail ... both lines were busy.

At 2:58 I got through to the answering machine saying store hours are from 10-3.

Man, has anybody ever got through to them? Do they really exist? Do they not know that the dial-up modem being in use means they can't get calls? :)

I hate it when I have a need to spend, and I'm blocked. Now I have to be patient until 10 am tomorrow ... assuming they arent on the InTarWeb again. :)

Lewis
stephanielai

the whistleshop.com experience

Post by stephanielai »

Dear all,

A good news, I have received my whistle from whistleshop. :party:

Steffie
Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

Lewis, they do in fact exist. :)

I called one day last week and got an answer on the second try. I can only assume I was talking to Thom, since he seemed very knowledgeable. He spent a good 5-10 minutes on the phone with me and answered all of my questions.

Hope that reinforces your belief in the existence of The Whistle Shop.

Jason
Animation

Post by Animation »

Yeah, I sent an email via their form and got a reply by 3:15 so its all good. Thanks! :)

Lewis
Whitmores75087

Post by Whitmores75087 »

Your use of the word paranoic got me interested so I did some research. Turns out that people can be paranoid, but not paranoic. A mental disease can be paranoic but not paranoid.
Short bio: 1952-
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I talk to Thom on the phone frequently. Some days I get through after two or three tries and some days it's all but impossible to get through. I've found that he's very responsive to emails, though, and I do most of my business with Thom through email unless I have something I need to talk over with him.

Best wishes,
Jerry
shadoe42

Post by shadoe42 »

I placed an order with them last night. Waiting the asked for 48 hours before emailing :) hoping to hear soon hehe. I am sooo impatient. But I do wish he would put something on his webpage that would indicate wether a whistle was in stock or had to be ordered.