Spillane Low D: 2006 Update

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

I wonder if Jerry could tweak the existing Spillane.
Imagine the value!
OTOH, since there's only the one, (as far as we know,) perhaps it would be like adding proper perspective to a Grandma Moses painting.
Not done. But the idea appeals to me.
dfernandez77
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

brewerpaul wrote:I'm sorry, I'm locking this thread... :D
hehe!
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Mr.Nate
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

spillane

Post by Mr.Nate »

Dale,

I thought you were in contact with spillane's marketing manager? You should be giving us an update of how the big project (spoof) is going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q: Did Bloomfield ever really own a Spilane whistle or did he just take a picture of a Howard as a joke? He is laughing about it at this very minute!
Whistling in the Rockies!!
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

I don't believe Bloomfield really exists: I think he is simply an artifact created and planted by someone in advance, to provide a review of the whistle at the proper moment.

Mulder, Scully - do you concur?
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Loren wrote:I don't believe Bloomfield really exists: I think he is simply an artifact created and planted by someone in advance, to provide a review of the whistle at the proper moment.

I post therefore I am.
/Bloomfield
Denny

Post by Denny »

Bloomfield wrote:
Loren wrote:I don't believe Bloomfield really exists: I think he is simply an artifact created and planted by someone in advance, to provide a review of the whistle at the proper moment.

I post therefore I am.
Ah, you was... :wink:
emmline

Post by emmline »

Bloomfield wrote:

I post therefore I am.
Don't let this fool you. Or go ahead and let it. I don't care. But, as Walrus astutely observed a page ago--those grainy photos from the NE Chiff gathering prove nothing. And you must absolutely not be misled by those reports of Bloomie at the Roswell Renaissance and Cosmic Radiation Fest.
It was a ploy to sell more Bloomfield car air fresheners. The fact that I have one hanging from my rear-view mirror should not be construed as a sign that I believe.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

I was at the NE Whistle Gathering and witnessed the so called Bloomfield sighting. Being highly suspicious of the aura emanating from the thing, Tom Dowling and I (bravely) charged at it, ran right through it, thereby proving once and for all that it was merely a hologram. We most heartily, therefore, concur with the astute findings of the great Detective Bookbinder - there is no living breathing Bloomfield.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

emmline wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:

I post therefore I am.
Don't let this fool you. Or go ahead and let it. I don't care. But, as Walrus astutely observed a page ago--those grainy photos from the NE Chiff gathering prove nothing. And you must absolutely not be misled by those reports of Bloomie at the Roswell Renaissance and Cosmic Radiation Fest.
It was a ploy to sell more Bloomfield car air fresheners. The fact that I have one hanging from my rear-view mirror should not be construed as a sign that I believe.
I met the guy. Ate dinner with him. He had tomato soup. Or....at least he SAID he was Bloomfield. And....at least it LOOKED like tomato soup.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

I suspect Bloomfield is like the character "Saskia" who appears in some of Charles de Lint's fiction. (A literary research and library web site becomes sentient and decides to create a life for itself outside the WWW, hence "Saskia" is born.)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

I refuse to prove that I exist, for proof denies faith. And without faith I am nothing.
/Bloomfield
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Bloomfield wrote:I refuse to prove that I exist, for proof denies faith. And without faith I am nothing.
Wait...
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

PhilO wrote:I was at the NE Whistle Gathering and witnessed the so called Bloomfield sighting. Being highly suspicious of the aura emanating from the thing, Tom Dowling and I (bravely) charged at it, ran right through it, thereby proving once and for all that it was merely a hologram. We most heartily, therefore, concur with the astute findings of the great Detective Bookbinder - there is no living breathing Bloomfield.

Philo
Let me guess, when this happened I was on my way and stuck in traffic? I remember he left right after I got there, I could be a Bloom Buster.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Bloomfield does indeed exist. I can vouch for him.

It occurs to me to that having a purported Cat vouching for a Bloomfield is sort of like having a six foot rabbit vouching for the existence of a wino, but there you have it.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Denny

Post by Denny »