Another Piece of the Puzzle.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Phil Hardy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Another Piece of the Puzzle.

Post by Phil Hardy »

Hi guys more contraversial stuff.Here is proof that Davy actually received whistles from your's truley.I wonder if he still uses the low D he thought so fantastic.
I can't believe that I still had this piece of whistle history.
Phil

Image[/img]
Blackout_Entertainment

Post by Blackout_Entertainment »

Fill a new guy in?
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

do a search on "davy spillane" :)
pop

Post by pop »

Blackout_Entertainment wrote:Fill a new guy in?
like you im nosey and i found this:)

" " Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggest reading the following article written by our whistle king, Dale himself. Very, very helpful.

Quote:
What the heck is the deal on Davy Spillane's whistles?

A few years ago, Davy, whose email from yours truly he's either never seen or never answered, abruptly emailed me to say that somewhere on Chiff & Fipple was an indication that he played Overtons or Chieftains or something and, his email went on to say, the truth is that he makes his own instruments and always had. Cease and desist, yada-yada. In addition, his own website included a whole section about Davy offering for sale his own whistles, which I think he called "D500' or something like that. Should be end of story, right?

Well, maybe it is. But I must point this out: I'm not sure that anyone on the planet has received more whistle related email than I have. In these five-plus years, not ONE PERSON has indicated to me that they have (a) purchased Davy's whistles, (/) played Davy's whistles, or (c) seen one up close enough to describe it.

Now, there's no reason to believe that Davy is lying about making his instruments. So, I assume that he does and that he has sold whistles to very few players because his touring / recording schedule doesn't allow enough time to make many instruments for others.

Personally, from the picture, it does look like Overton. But again a skilled craftsman can make a whistle which resembles Overton. Who knows? I'm yet confused. I suppose that the if the structure of his whistle is strikingly similar to that of Overton, then it follows that the playability and intonation will come close to Overton whistles. " "
.......................................................................................................
J.MC
Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

Phil, did you get the email I sent you yesterday?

I just sent you a PM as well.

Thanks,
Jason
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

I have no problem with Phil...I actually don't have any problems with anyone I'm aware of, on or off the boards, right now.

With that said...I'm getting to where I just cringe when I see a thread like this one.

We have an old saying 'round these parts, which harkens back to the days when folks used chamber pots:

"The more you stir it, the more it stinks."

Best wishes to all,

--James
pop

Post by pop »

have i missed something here :-?
strange times indeedy
J.MC
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

pop wrote:have i missed something here :-?
strange times indeedy
Don't make a whole lot of sense, do it? I know I missed something, and I'm gonna keep it that way :lol: !
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
pop

Post by pop »

Cynth wrote:
pop wrote:have i missed something here :-?
strange times indeedy
Don't make a whole lot of sense, do it? I know I missed something, and I'm gonna keep it that way :lol: !
sounds about right to me cynth wise words :)
pop

Post by pop »

oh i get it now,check out the davey spillane thread below cynth,page 3 is all i read but it was enough :lol: