Dale RIP

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Dale RIP

Post by flanum »

Still not fully sure of details as yet, but ive been on the phone all morning to joseph and he will post the full details later!
Tragic accident! One in amillion chances of it ever happening apparently!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
rorybbellows
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

Jayus! is it the first of April already !!

RORY
Joseph E. Smith

Re: Dale RIP

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

flanum wrote:Still not fully sure of details as yet, but ive been on the phone all morning to joseph and he will post the full details later!
Tragic accident! One in amillion chances of it ever happening apparently!
Yes, it is a sad day today but Dale, of Chip and Dale fame, has died from complications due to a male exotic dancer sitting on his head accidentally. A spokes-person from Disney inc. was vague about details, citing only "... he was a funny guy, we'll all miss him, we'll be auctioning off his nuts (acorns) in the coming weeks."
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

I don't believe it was an accident. His true identity was discovered through secret NIS sureillance. There are reports that he is now in hiding, awaiting the outcome of the immigration debate. Rumors persist that he hopes to "jump to the head of the line"

Allan A Dale

Identity/Class: Normal human

Affiliations: Robin Hood and his "Merrie Men" (including, but not limited to Little John, Will Scarlet, Friar Tuck, Much the Miller's Son, "Maid" Marion)

Enemies: Sheriff of Nottingham, Guy of Guisborne, Abbot of St. Mary's - York, Bishop of Hereford, Prince John

Known Relatives: Ellen a Dale (wife)

Aliases: None

Base of Operations: Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire; Nottingham; Barnsdale, Yorkshire; Loxley.

First Appearance: c.1200 -1400 A.D. (same as Robin)

Powers/Abilities: Minstrel. Some legends make him a capable fighter and woodsman, though rarely as good as the other Merry Men.

History: Allan A Dale was a minstrel whose songs and music were regularly heard throughout the leafy splendour of the Greenwood. Robin first encountered a broken-hearted Alan. Alan's girlfriend (called Ellen most often, but it is variable) was forced to marry a cruel, old knight. Disguised as a harper, Robin interrupted the wedding and rescued Ellen. Alan and Ellen were married by Friar Tuck.

Comments: Allan a Dale also turns up in Ivanhoe.
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Latest news.....
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Couldn't you have at least photoshopped in some whistles?
Reasonable person
Walden
djm

Post by djm »

I suspect JES is creating a reed diorama of this tragedy even as we speak.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

djm wrote:I suspect JES is creating a reed diorama of this tragedy even as we speak.

djm

Whoops! I'll get right on it! :oops:
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Thanks much. There's a subject line anyone would dream of seeing first thing in the morning.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Dale wrote:Thanks much. There's a subject line anyone would dream of seeing first thing in the morning.
What's the old saying? Rumours of your death are greatly exaggerated?
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Now WAIT a second....two cups, half filled, UPRIGHT by the body. . .one liquid stain apparently indicating that there is a very slow leak in one of the cups. . .what to make of all this??
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
JS

Post by JS »

You all may not be aware that Dale's other semi-secret life as the publisher of a poetry journal brings him into regular contact with some of the surliest, most bloody-minded, paranoid sorts this side of an old Norse saga. Although the absence of alcoholic beverages and the presence of a comb and a clock in the crime scene photo suggest that the perp was more sober and better groomed and less given to visionary irresponsibility than the average writer rejected from "Right Hand Pointing."
Last edited by JS on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Furthermore he gave up coffee, and naturally his brain stopped working." -- Orhan Pamuk
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Wait a minute.......

Somethings wrong with this picture.
flanum wrote:Latest news.....
The whistle is missing. I think this is one of Dale's doubles. It's believed that Dale has several doubles posing as the 'Undisputed one'. There's even a double "Dale Force One" just to throw off terrorists.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Daniel_Bingamon wrote: I think this is one of Dale's doubles. It's believed that Dale has several doubles posing as the 'Undisputed one'.
Right. Here's a composite of all the people who are currently serving as my doubles, including a flange and a guy who also doubles for Millard Fillmore.

The flange once took a bullet for me.

Denny

Post by Denny »

Them flanges are selfless that way. :wink: