buddhu

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

djm wrote:Wasn't his avatar the one with the rather ... er ... distracting ... um ... gait?

djm
No, his was based on Alastair Crowley, aka the beast.
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

missy wrote:OK - NO ONE is allowed to go ANYWHERE without telling the rest of us about it so we all don't sit here and worry!!!!!!!
I am going out of state (and off of C&F) in about 48 hours.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Wombat wrote:
djm wrote:Wasn't his avatar the one with the rather ... er ... distracting ... um ... gait?

djm
No, his was based on Alastair Crowley, aka the beast.
Yes, Alastair in shades.
djm

Post by djm »

Ah, yes, you're right. What happened to StewySmoot? I could care less about Alistair Crowley.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Mitch
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mitch »

Hmmm Crowley. I always thought he was a kind of anti-beast. Odd he gets mentioned in company with the theme of dissapearance - I once went into a magic shoppe in Enmore a few years ago, had a look around, it had some staple bound roneos of crowley's sex magic rituals. Had a flick through them - all breathing and vowels and timed orgasms - put them back on the shelf. I bought a bag of hemlock and mandrake and got change of a couple of blessed dollars. The next day the shop was gone. I mean really gone - there was no empty shopfront or even a shop with the same layout along that whole stretch. On reflection - no it wasn't a dream - I had a friend with me and we both remarked that the shop was gone. Still got the hemlock somewhere - the mandrake went in a candle and taught me a few things about reality. The dollars - that's another story.

Who, by the way is Shaktar?
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

djm wrote:Ah, yes, you're right. What happened to StewySmoot? I could care less about Alistair Crowley.

djm
He posted fairly recently.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

OK, I was gone this past week, but only Cynth was worried. Says a lot about the rest of you. It really does.

Hmpf.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

But Lamby I was worried because you posted asking if there were exorcists for your hotel room! :lol: I didn't really know you were gone a whole week. Er...well, what I mean is a week isn't long enough to get people really worried----that could be a vacation. Oh dear.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Lambchop wrote:OK, I was gone this past week, but only Cynth was worried. Says a lot about the rest of you. It really does.

Hmpf.
I was worried but I didn't say anything. I'm off to Dublin next week for a few days and won't be here to post, but I'm not telling anyone. That way I'll find out if anyone really worries about me by the number of "where is he?" posts I find on my return. :D
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

SteveShaw wrote:
Lambchop wrote:OK, I was gone this past week, but only Cynth was worried. Says a lot about the rest of you. It really does.

Hmpf.
I was worried but I didn't say anything. I'm off to Dublin next week for a few days and won't be here to post, but I'm not telling anyone. That way I'll find out if anyone really worries about me by the number of "where is he?" posts I find on my return. :D
Note to self: When Steve is gone, make a "Thank God that SteveShaw guy finally left" thread. Afterward, chortle softly.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

Congratulations wrote:[Note to self: When Steve is gone, make a "Thank God that SteveShaw guy finally left" thread. Afterward, chortle softly.
I'm butting in here now to say that I get the joke before you're inundated by 5000 people jumping militantly to my defence. :lol:

jsluder

Post by jsluder »

SteveShaw wrote:
Congratulations wrote:[Note to self: When Steve is gone, make a "Thank God that SteveShaw guy finally left" thread. Afterward, chortle softly.
I'm butting in here now to say that I get the joke before you're inundated by 5000 people jumping militantly to my defence. :lol:
That was a joke? Dang. And here I was gettin' ready to agree with him. :wink:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

Well...4999 then. Shut up, everybody else. I'm sensitive you know. :lol:

Denny

Post by Denny »

SteveShaw wrote:That way I'll find out if anyone really worries about me by the number of "where is he?" posts I find on my return. :D
Now who wouldn't worry about the Bude Harmonica Man? :-?

Let's go to 4,998, eh? :twisted:
talasiga

Re: buddhu

Post by talasiga »

Dale wrote:buddhu was a regular poster here until November 2005, at which time he abruptly stopped posting. I'd like to try to reach him to check on him. The email address I had is no longer working. I'm hoping someone had some kind of contact with him and still has contact info. If so, please do let me know by email or PM.

Thanks.

Dale
Dale, maybe he just got MOVED somewhere without notice. I am sure you understand.
:P
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit