Martin Doyle Flute Trade

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
fiddlinzombie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Martin Doyle Flute Trade

Post by fiddlinzombie »

Hi there folks. Its been a while. Have had a martin doyle (as now played by Brian Finnegan!!) for a about six months now and hav just heard the new that my 7 keyed (long Bb) Martin Doyle flute will be here in about a month and so was wondering if anyone would like to trade a Keyless Martin Doyle for a Bb flute (keyless obviousyl). I would prefer a Gilles LeHart one if at all posible but am open to suggestion. Flute is in very good nick ,no cracks or anything, and has been regularly oiled. I also paid extra for the tunning slide (as they do not normally come with martin's flutes) and so all in all the flute is worth roughly £500-600. Any offers would be great so get in touch. Comes with case. :

Would also be willing to sell the flute for £500 O.N.O

Get in touch at fiddlinzombie@hotmail.com or PM me!!!

Cheers Matheu :D
Drunk Man In Tree is Sign Of Scottish Session Previous Night! :D
fiddlinzombie

Update

Post by fiddlinzombie »

Well not much activity from the last post! lol Maybe one offer :-? lol As an incentive I will offer £100 on top of the Doyle (which also has a tunning slide btw, not normal for a Doyle) for a Bb flute witha tunning slide.

Also now intrested in any kind of trade. So e mail with any suggestions? Even a combination of things. Would also sell it but for no less than £450.

Let me know??? Cheers M
Cathy Wilde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

So I'll play this tune:

I Have No Money.

:-(

Hope it's found a good home!
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
BMFW

Post by BMFW »

Cathy Wilde wrote:So I'll play this tune:

I Have No Money.

A you of all people should follow it with that well known tune "And I Have Too Many Flutes Already" :lol:
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
fiddlinzombie

Post by fiddlinzombie »

:lol: I know what u mean . No home for her yet. Really want to sell it. Martin's flutes are stunning and Im not selling it because I dnt like it just feel that there is no point of me having a keyed and a keyless. I took my flute with me when I went Brian finnegan and he loved it and the next time I saw him he was playing one! It is in great condition and has a low D note that would make a lion purrr! Will also go all the way up to a third octave A, every note bang in tune. PLEASE SOME ONE :lol:

PS. I also have a mandolin for sale but there is more about that on the string instrument forum.

Cheers Matheu
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

BMFW wrote:
Cathy Wilde wrote:So I'll play this tune:

I Have No Money.

A you of all people should follow it with that well known tune "And I Have Too Many Flutes Already" :lol:
Followed immediately by "And Therefore One Of My Murrays Is Going To Loren" Makes for a great Medley :twisted:

Loren
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

:lol:

Now THERE'S a good blues song.

Loren, maybe YOU would like a nice Doyle? I do wish I had the $$$; I've heard great things about them and the one I met in person seemed awesome. But as was sooooo very subtly suggested by Denny, I do have a keyed and keyless.

OK, I've got several keyed.

But hey! One's in Eb, at least!
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cathy Wilde wrote::lol:

Now THERE'S a good blues song.

Loren, maybe YOU would like a nice Doyle? I do wish I had the $$$; I've heard great things about them and the one I met in person seemed awesome. But as was sooooo very subtly suggested by Denny, I do have a keyed and keyless.

OK, I've got several keyed.

But hey! One's in Eb, at least!
:oops: moi? subtle? :oops:

Has someone been using my logon? :-?
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Whoopsie, duplicate post :oops:
Last edited by Loren on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Cat wrote: "Loren, maybe YOU would like a nice Doyle? I do wish I had the $$$; I've heard great things about them and the one I met in person seemed awesome. "

I'm sure they are, and I'd love to have one, however, after consulting "Ask Colin", I've come to find that purchasing the Doyle would make me play and sound exactly like Brian Finnegan. However, "Ask Colin" says Brian might not like that, warning that Brian keeps in shape with lots of running. "Ask Colin" is not certain I could out run Brian, should our paths cross and the need arise, and, this being the case, "Ask Colin" has advised me to stick with an Olwell, since Matt Molloy has so many imitators on his list, he'll likely not make it to my name any time soon, this way I should be safe, sounding and playing just like Mr. Molloy, for a good long time.

Thanks "Ask Colin"!!!!

Loren
Last edited by Loren on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Loren wrote:I'm sure they are, and I'd love to have one, however, after consulting "Ask Colin"...
:lol:

I do rather like the Doyle. The two I have tried were both blackwood with tuning slide (one was Brian Finnegan's). And Matheu's right about the low D. The picture below is somewhat blurry because of the vibration of the lion's purr.

Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Oh, I thought he was shaking with laughter at Loren's Colin joke.

(soeaking of chuckles, we're doing a very good job bumping this thread, aren't we?) (hopeful flutesellers ought to hire us :lol:)