Spring break

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Spring break

Post by Jack »

Spring break is nigh! That makes me so happy. I am so unbelievably stressed and frazzled. I need the recuperation. A lot of my friends are going off somewhere to party and get drunk and/or pregnant, but I tell you--I'm happy with just the oppurtunity to rest, not to have to wake up early mornings and walk to class and work and do it all again the next day.

I know a lot of people think being in college is "easy" but it's really not if you try to do well (i.e. don't settle for straight Cs).

If you teach or are taught, what are you doing for spring break (or what have you done, if you've already had it)?
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Re: Spring break

Post by Walden »

Cranberry wrote:I know a lot of people think being in college is "easy" but it's really not if you try to do well (i.e. don't settle for straight Cs).
Straight C's... would that I'd done so well. :o
Reasonable person
Walden
scottielvr

Re: Spring break

Post by scottielvr »

Cranberry wrote:I know a lot of people think being in college is "easy" but it's really not if you try to do well (i.e. don't settle for straight Cs).
I never thought it 'easy'... then or now. You get out of it what you put into it...
If you teach or are taught, what are you doing for spring break?...
I don't teach, nor shall I get any spring break; but I still learn something every day. :wink:
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I already had my spring break. I slept through it. Yes, the whole week. It was the best spring break I've ever had.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Alcona

Post by Alcona »

My spring break is already over too. I spent most of it trying to sleep in as late as I could.
Birthdays are good for you;
the more you have,
the longer you live.
http://www.pbase.com/ejcsnapdragon
http://www.pbase.com/hamishcraig/jills_pics2
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I went to graduate school in Arizona. For Spring break, nearly everyone headed for the beaches of Mexico. I can't use this public forum to tell you about the good times that we had. My current life is so much quieter now, thank God.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Spring break means that one must be careful to avoid the increase of intoxicated youth behind the wheels of their cars in my neck of the woods. :D
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Spring break always meant working more extra studying. I didn't relax until the end of the spring semester. Unless I took summer classes which I did my last year.

Yes college is hard work.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
missy

Post by missy »

when I was in school full time (2 years), spring break just meant 40 hours of work instead of 20.
Since I worked full time and attended evening college after that, spring break just meant 2 nights I didn't have to drive to Clifton.

I lived a boring life..........
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I always spent my spring break looking for a summer job.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

On the first day of spring break I got up and went downtown and hung out in front of the drugstore.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

On my first spring break I stayed on a nearly-deserted campus, pointed my tape deck out my window, went outside and learned to do stonecarving while listening to music. I made a little stone bear. Unfortunately I gave it away some years ago to a friend, who seemed somewhat less than impressed upon receipt, and now I wish I'd kept it.
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

How the world has changed. In my original undergraduate days, spring break was not the event it is today. Did people attending Boston schools in the late 1960s go to Daytona Beach? I never noticed. When folks needed a respite from the grind of academic life, they'd simply drop-out, either literally or chemically. This was a year round activity. There was however, much less drinking. I think in 1969, schools across the country closed a month early because of repeated bomb threats (and the occasional bomb). I also remember spring as the time when students and police enjoyed the warm breezes and bright sun of the first demonstrations of the riot season.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Doug_Tipple wrote:I went to graduate school in Arizona. For Spring break, nearly everyone headed for the beaches of Mexico. I can't use this public forum to tell you about the good times that we had. My current life is so much quieter now, thank God.
Doug, no matter how hard I try, I just can't imagine you being a drunken flooze. :P
Sliabh Luachra

Post by Sliabh Luachra »

Man, I'm feeling old. My spring break is next week. It's going to be incredibly quiet and laid back. I'm leaving my second graders to go watch birds and work on puppy training in a family house in Chincoteague for a week. It's a great time of year to be there as there's no one there but birders. No loud, drunken parties for me anymore. Although back in the day. . .

Mark
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." -Somerset Maugham