DVD realease in UK today...I have to wait 'til May 2nd.. :-(

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

DVD realease in UK today...I have to wait 'til May 2nd.. :-(

Post by Tyler »

Season 8 of Red Dwarf is being released on DVD today in the UK.....
I gotta wait a whole 'nother month!! :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:
AAARRRGHHH!

A'Course I'm pre-ordering the gift-box version witht the toy scutter from Barnes & Friggin Noble.
They'll give me free shipping on anything over $25; make them bring it to me, lousy buggers, make me wait, I tell ya what, damn.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Don't you have multi-region DVD players in the US yet, Tyler?
We have them here. We can play the European DVDs and the American "Imports". It isn't any cheaper to get DVDs from the States, but it can be done, for those that want them sooner. I have sent one of my friends the first season of "Shameless", but it isn't available in US format as far as I know. She has plans to "crack" her DVD, but hasn't done it yet. Here in Yurp you can buy them "ready-cracked".

BTW, if you like Red Dwarf you just might like "Shameless".
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Yeah, we have them, so to speak....but you can't buy them in the stores (at least to the best of my knowlege; I've never seen them locally).
A buddy of mine from Wales was telling me yesterday how to hack your DVD machine to play all regions.
I haven't tried it yet, but I should have some time later this evening.
He told me to search for "DVD Hacks" on google. It's a site in the UK that has the software unlock codes catalogued, all y ou do is enter your brand and model number and it should render a code that will work.
I have yet to try it, but my friend says it works for nearly all DVD players in region 1 except those that are the DVD/VCR combos; for some reason he cant get them to hack properly.
The hack is also supposed to let you play copied/pirated DVDs in protected models, but no one here is a dvd pirate right? :D
Having said that, though, it would take less time to preorder Season 8 from barnes&noble.com (in my experience, they've usually shipped my item when they have it in stock, even if it's pre-release date) than to go ahead and order it from the UK, so I went ahead and pre-ordered it.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown