Reminder: Multiple Accounts

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Reminder: Multiple Accounts

Post by Dale »

Multiple Accounts

Due to extensive abuse in the past, you are not permitted to post from multiple user accounts -- you may only have one account per user. If you wish to change your username, or if you have forgotten your password, contact the administrators via the link at the bottom of every page.
Just a reminder. The above policy has been posted in ANNOUNCEMENTS for at least three years.

Thanks!

Dale
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Heh.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Jack

Post by Jack »

I've only ever had one (Thank God!), but I really don't understand why somebody would want more than one. I mean, I don't know what purpose it serves to have 9 or 10 accounts.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Nanohedron wrote:Heh.
Yeah, laugh it up, Nano. We all know that he's talking about you.

:wink:
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Hmm...
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Jack

Post by Jack »

Huh?
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

Cranberry wrote:I've only ever had one (Thank God!), but I really don't understand why somebody would want more than one. I mean, I don't know what purpose it serves to have 9 or 10 accounts.
Multiple accounts can give the appearance of consensus. This is especially useful for people with product to sell. It is powerful to have five or ten different people all give glowing reviews. Then there are those who are so engrossed by their Internet lives that any edge in a flame war is considered fair game.
Jack

Post by Jack »

BillChin wrote:
Cranberry wrote:I've only ever had one (Thank God!), but I really don't understand why somebody would want more than one. I mean, I don't know what purpose it serves to have 9 or 10 accounts.
Multiple accounts can give the appearance of consensus. This is especially useful for people with product to sell. It is powerful to have five or ten different people all give glowing reviews. Then there are those who are so engrossed by their Internet lives that any edge in a flame war is considered fair game.
I never thought about that. It makes a lot of sense though. Thank you, Bill. :)
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

BillChin wrote:......

I wouldn't have multiple accounts for such a facile purpose. If I could I would have another persona that gives talasiga his money's worth in argumentation. I don't believe you guys are up to it - certainly not when it comes to engaging wittily, passionately, knowledgeably and still without malice all in one.
:P

I wonder if Dale would allow an exception in my case. I would like to create another character called "Emmet Ik". I read somewhere that Dale has a psychology background. I am surprised he does not appreciate the value of Voice Dialogue.

My god! some people have fantasy lovers. Why can't I have a fantasy opposition? Hmm?
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

It's not that we don't want you to argue with yourself, Talasiga. It's just that we don't want to have to read it.

:wink:
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Congratulations wrote:It's not that we don't want you to argue with yourself, Talasiga. It's just that we don't want to have to read it.
:D

This is such a good riposte that I urge readers to check out Congratulation's location. He and I could not possibly be the same person. Dale can confirm this.

(Emmet Ik tells me I am being inversely narcissistic) :-?
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Sometimes I wish I was C.Skinner, other times Bloomfield. Scottielvr is a challenge, Nano is a piece of work, and Emmline is divine.

When all is said and done, syntax, spelling, phrasing and wit will give the game away.

" You can run, but you cannot hide"...

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

The most...unfortunate example we've had of double account use was when a whistlemaker created another account to praise his own work. I called him on it and he never posted under either log-in again. :oops:

Most 2nd accounts are the equivalent of the Evil Twin persona.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Dale wrote:Most 2nd accounts are the equivalent of the Evil Twin persona.
Well, then. I am really Lambchop. Yep. There it is. You can close and permanently delete my "Lambchop" account now that the secret is out.

:lol:
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Dale wrote:The most...unfortunate example we've had of double account use was when a whistlemaker created another account to praise his own work. I called him on it and he never posted under either log-in again. :oops:

I really think we should each be allowed a line account and a drone account. :D