Something to get off my chest

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Relax

Post by Dale »

David Levine wrote:Don't sweat the small stuff.
I agree.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, I think we all agree. The problem is that what is "small stuff" to one person isn't "small stuff" to another. And vice versa. Etcetera. I'm not trying to get into a grump-off. I already got into enough trouble this week, thanks. :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Sliabh Luachra wrote:Hmmmm. . . who's the bigger curmudgeon here? Me, for bringing up the topic? Or, you bringing back a topic from a month ago just to get something off your chest.

Let's have a grump-off then, shall we?

My turn then. . . I hate it when people come to an ITM session and play French Canadian music for an hour. That, that really twists my knickers, I tell you.

Okay, Cursor, your turn. . .

:D

Mark
Are you saying you're a bigger curmudgeon than me? Why, I outta! Alright, I hate it when we're jamming outside and somebody drives by with that RAP bass bouncing the very trees. In fact these kids these days with their hats on backwards have no respect and should GET OFF MY LAWN.

Hey Mark, you're not from the Tidewater are you?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Sliabh Luachra

Post by Sliabh Luachra »

Okay, you win. . . I can't out do that.

Tidewater? Nope, Charlottesville. The bullseye of Virginia.

Mark
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." -Somerset Maugham
Cathy Wilde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Something to get off my chest

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Flyingcursor wrote:
Sliabh Luachra wrote:This isn't to anyone in particular, or even to anyone here (I think). I just need to say it one more time and maybe this time SOME people in the universe will hear me...

I'm sorry but SONGS HAVE FECKIN' WORDS!!!! Reels, jigs, polkas, slides, etc., with a few exceptions, DO NOT. They're TUNES!!!! TUNES I TELL YOU!!!!!!

THEY'RE NOT SONGS!!!!:swear:

And if your playing the tune of a song on your flute. . . IT'S AN AIR!!!!! FLUTES DON'T SPEAK WORDS!!!!!!!

THEY'RE NOT SONGS ANYMORE!!!

AAAAAARGGHGHGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:swear:

Okay, I feel a little better now. You may now return to your regularly scheduled Chiff and Fipple stuff. Sorry. I'll be making an appointment with my therapist in the morning.:oops:

Mark
Oh jeesh. Not this shait again. So if I'm playing Bolling's Baroque & Blue on the flute that's an air? What about Stardust?

I don't mind people making a distinction between song's and tunes if that floats their boat but these hissy fits and "airs" of self righteous superiority are ridiculous. Be sure to remind me to always use the word "song" just to see who's going to cry like a baby.
It's been a long time, but isn't "Baroque & Blue" in 3/4 like a fast waltz?

<dodges hurled tuning rod and runs>
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.