Cumann na bPíobairí Uilleann, Áth Cliath Craobh Leo Rowsome

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Kevin L. Rietmann
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Cumann na bPíobairí Uilleann, Áth Cliath Craobh Leo Rowsome

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

Distinguished Members page, with articles and pics of Leo Rowsome, Vincent Broderick, Liam DeBruineir, Paddy McElvaney, and "Others about whom we will publish more later:

John & Rita Keenan [I don't think that's Paddy's Da - there's a picture of this (a?) John Keenan in the Leo R. tunebook and it doesn't look like Pa Keenan in the picture I have of him but correct me if I'm wrong]
Paddy McKenna
Tom & Brid McKeon
Jim Nolan
Padraig O'Ceallaigh
Criostoir & Mairead O'Cearnaigh
Jim Seery"

Big page, takes awhile to load, but lots of nifty photos of Leo and his pupils/colleagues, like this one:

Last edited by Kevin L. Rietmann on Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

http://www.pipersclub.com/dismem.htm
It is an interesting page.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Lovely pics. The site is a bit too comhaltassy in atmosphere for me maybe. Tommy Reck sitting in the front of that one isn't it?

Mick O Connor has written a book on the history of the old Piper's Club. It's a magnificent piece of work and choc a bloc with the loveliest photographs you'll ever find. He gave me a brief look at the material seven years or so ago. Would be great to see that published.
anima

Post by anima »

Hey Peter, what's the relationship between NPU and the Pipers Club?

Is one part of the other, are they separate?

Jeff
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

As far as I know a lot of the old piper's club went on to become Comhaltas. The site is that of Monkstown CCE.