What do you put on your fries/chips?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

What do you put on your fries/chips?

Catchup
No votes
Catsup
8%
Ketchup
31%
Something else
56%
Nothing
6%

Total votes: 36

GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

Salt and vinegar, especially when purchased from the chippy.
When in a butty, add a goodly splurge of HP or Daddies :party:
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Innocent Bystander
antispam: No

Post by Innocent Bystander »

I prefer Malt Vinegar on my chips.

In Scotland, that will offer you "Sauce". This is a mixture of Malt Vinegar and HP sauce, or Malt Vinegar and Daddies sauce, which is much the same to me.

Also in Scotland, the Chip Buttie has evolved into an unsliced white loaf, hollowed out, filled with chips, salted, and then generously doused with "sauce". I think I've mentioned this before.

They recently showed "The Breakfast Club" on TV again. One of the characters makes a sandwich with Cheeze-its, I think they are. That reminded me of my sister's Mars-bar-and-cheese-and-onion-crisp sandwiches.
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Re: What do you put on your fries/chips?

Post by Tyler »

susnfx wrote:
Walden wrote:
BrassBlower wrote:What do you put on your fries/chips?
Catchup
Catsup
Ketchup
Something else
Nothing
Why wasn't mayonnaise a choice?
See my post re Utah's famous fry sauce: 1 part catsup, 2 parts mayo (supposedly the people who started it had/have a secret ingredient, but the above is close enough). The best of both worlds!

Susan
Personally, I prefer Some Dude's Fry Sauce. It's a staple in our home, eaten on everything from fries to hamburgers to mac and cheese (tho we don't have mac and cheese much anymore, not since I was too poor to eat anythig else for the space of six and a half months during my single life, but that's another story for another disgusting thread!).
Yummy!

For people to whom fry sauce is alien...
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Innocent Bystander wrote: They recently showed "The Breakfast Club" on TV again. One of the characters makes a sandwich with Cheeze-its, I think they are.
Ally Sheedy's character took the meat off her sandwich (throwing it onto a statue), sprinkled the bread heavily with Cap'n Crunch cereal, then poured the contents of a few Pixie Stix on top of that.

Cap'n Crunch
Pixie Stix

I wonder what useful information was forced out of my head to make room for that useless trivia.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

I.D.10-t wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote: They recently showed "The Breakfast Club" on TV again. One of the characters makes a sandwich with Cheeze-its, I think they are.
Ally Sheedy's character took the meat off her sandwich (throwing it onto a statue), sprinkled the bread heavily with Cap'n Crunch cereal, then poured the contents of a few Pixie Stix on top of that.

Cap'n Crunch
Pixie Stix

I wonder what useful information was forced out of my head to make room for that useless trivia.
Well, I appreciate it. Cap'n Crunch, eh?
The bit where she threw the meat onto the sandwich took me back to school dinners. They used to serve custard in battered aluminium jugs. Each table sat eight people, and the table captain delegated one "volunteer" to collect the puddings, including the custard. The table captain would then dip a spoon in the custard to lift the skin. Assuming he didn't want himself, he would offer it round the table. If no-one wanted it (as usual) a quick flick of the wrist sent it to the ceiling, where it stayed.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Innocent Bystander wrote:The bit where she threw the meat onto the sandwich took me back to school dinners. They used to serve custard in battered aluminium jugs. Each table sat eight people, and the table captain delegated one "volunteer" to collect the puddings, including the custard. The table captain would then dip a spoon in the custard to lift the skin. Assuming he didn't want himself, he would offer it round the table. If no-one wanted it (as usual) a quick flick of the wrist sent it to the ceiling, where it stayed.
And thus, as the years passed, successive layers of custard skin gave the dining hall ceiling an attractive faux-Venetian-plaster appearance, an R-38 insulation rating, and...other things I don't care to think about, involving multi-legged creatures. :lol:
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I knew the word mayonnaise would be used somewhere here. Why not just roll your fries/chips in the cat litter box first too.

How can anyone eat that foul stuff?????

Except in tuna/potato/egg salad of course.

Anyone who'd eat mayonnaise on their fries would sleep in their underwear. (As my dad would say)
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Jack

Post by Jack »

Flyingcursor wrote:Anyone who'd eat mayonnaise on their fries would sleep in their underwear. (As my dad would say)
For those of us who sleep naked what do we eat?
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Cranberry wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:Anyone who'd eat mayonnaise on their fries would sleep in their underwear. (As my dad would say)
I would sleep naked if I didn't think my roommate would mind.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Congratulations wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
I would sleep naked if I didn't think my roommate would mind.
Mayo sorely needs garlic added to it before it is fit to accompany chips. I'd like to think you're being nice to your room-mate because you don't want to give him/her an inferiority complex. :wink: I wear nothing in bed and haven't done for forty years, but this is to avoid "jim-jam bottoms strangulation syndrome" (know what I mean, chaps? :wink: ) and has nothing to do with mayo. I don't think so, anyway...
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

SteveShaw wrote: I wear nothing in bed and haven't done for forty years
:o Alrighty then....what was it we were talking about again? How about those Mets?

:lol:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

izzarina wrote:
SteveShaw wrote: I wear nothing in bed and haven't done for forty years
:o Alrighty then....what was it we were talking about again? How about those Mets?

:lol:
Uhm....we were talking about butties, weren't we? :twisted:
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

izzarina wrote: Mets?
What are they? :-?

SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

scottielvr wrote:Uhm....we were talking about butties, weren't we? :twisted:
:lol: Blame Flyingcursor - 'twas he who constructed the subtle bridge between chip butties and sleeping in the buff. Nothing less than a masterstroke! :D

djm

Post by djm »

Steve 'Very Much on the Edge' Shaw wrote:I wear nothing in bed and haven't done for forty years, but this is to avoid "jim-jam bottoms strangulation syndrome" (know what I mean, chaps? wink )
Um, no, not really .... is this another man-boobs thing? :boggle:

Putting mayo on chips is nearly as foul a thing to do as putting malt vinegar on them. Yeesh! The things people will put in their mouths. :P

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.