Explain your avatar.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
fearfaoin
antispam: No

Post by fearfaoin »

Congratulations wrote:Hunter S. Thompson.
I'm not convinced.
Wormdiet
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Wormdiet »

My other obsession is heraldry. This is a coat of arms I designed and rendered myself. The style is Germanic but the content relates to Irish things.
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

SteveShaw wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:Paddy Kavanagh bench,

Grand Canal,

Dublin.

Slan,
D.
I'm going to Dublin for the first time next month and I want a picture of me sitting next to him. Is that allowed?
Go to O'Donoughes Pub and have a pint. Turn right on leaving the pub and keep walking straight ahead for about ten minutes. When you come to Baggot Street bridge - over the Grand Canal - turn right along the canal path before crossing the bridge. The bench is about fifty yards along the path.

We could make it a given that any Chiffer going to Dublin gets a pic taken at the bench and posts it up. We'll soon have our own CP thread going.

Here's mine

His original bench was right here and if you look over to the right hand of the shot you can see the sculpture.

When you get a few pics, turn back around and go back to O'Donoughes for another few pints.

Mission accomplished.

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

dubhlinn wrote:
SteveShaw wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:Paddy Kavanagh bench,

Grand Canal,

Dublin.

Slan,
D.
I'm going to Dublin for the first time next month and I want a picture of me sitting next to him. Is that allowed?
Go to O'Donoughes Pub and have a pint. Turn right on leaving the pub and keep walking straight ahead for about ten minutes. When you come to Baggot Street bridge - over the Grand Canal - turn right along the canal path before crossing the bridge. The bench is about fifty yards along the path.

We could make it a given that any Chiffer going to Dublin gets a pic taken at the bench and posts it up. We'll soon have our own CP thread going.

Here's mine

His original bench was right here and if you look over to the right hand of the shot you can see the sculpture.

When you get a few pics, turn back around and go back to O'Donoughes for another few pints.

Mission accomplished.

Slan,
D. :wink:
Hey, you and he both have your legs crossed away from each other. Didn't you get on? :D

Seriously, great photo and I'll see what I can do... :)

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

I don't care if I'm 33 years old . . . I LOVE Peep!

It's the sweetest kids program on the Learning channel, narrated by Joan Cusack, about a chicken, a robin, and a duck, learning all about the Big Wide World. It's just cute and simple but not infantile.
And it's got birdies!!
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

My new one is my Burns Boxwood Flute.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Unseen122 wrote:My new one is my Burns Boxwood Flute.
Is that a Rudall or a Pratten? And how do you like it? (I've been coveting a Burns for some time)
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

I rotate through various whimsical scottie images. This is the one I always come back to; the imagery has deep personal meaning, but also it exemplifies the spirit of the breed: The wee Scot waiting faithfully --yet impatiently (you can tell by the posture, and the ears)--for a loved one.
Tyghress wrote:Its probably one of the oldest avatars on the board, as I have never changed it....
That raises the question: I wonder if there's any way of figuring out who has the oldest avatar on the board? After perusal of the 'posters by date' list, I'd guess it's Rich... perhaps some of the veterans would remember; has he ever had another? ...Umm...we know it ain't Dale. :wink:
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

scottielvr wrote:That raises the question: I wonder if there's any way of figuring out who has the oldest avatar on the board? After perusal of the 'posters by date' list, I'd guess it's Rich... perhaps some of the veterans would remember; has he ever had another? ...Umm...we know it ain't Dale. :wink:
I'm pretty sure Peeplj's predates Rich's. Rich had a different one before this, that was a photograph.
Reasonable person
Walden
Caj

Post by Caj »

Mine's a logo I made for an online newsletter ("The Raving Concertina Lunatic.") I only made one issue, and then never got around to a second one.

Caj
seisflutes

Post by seisflutes »

I used to have a photo of one of our goats, but deleted it accidentally, and couldn't be bothered to find another photo the right size. So I found this kinda clip art thing and modified it to look like another one of our goats.
n4vgm

Post by n4vgm »

Mine is the character from Star Trek the Next Generation. He is a holographic doctor but he was designed by a real Starfleet doctor who showed up on Deep Space 9. His name was Dr. Zimmerman. My name is Bob Zimmerman. Cosmic!
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

n4vgm wrote:Mine is the character from Star Trek the Next Generation. He is a holographic doctor but he was designed by a real Starfleet doctor who showed up on Deep Space 9. His name was Dr. Zimmerman. My name is Bob Zimmerman. Cosmic!
::n4vgm DE ke7geu::

Ah yes, the good doctor!
You wouldn't happen to look like Robert Picardo by some sick irony, would you?

::73::
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
rh

Post by rh »

n4vgm wrote:Mine is the character from Star Trek the Next Generation. He is a holographic doctor but he was designed by a real Starfleet doctor who showed up on Deep Space 9. His name was Dr. Zimmerman. My name is Bob Zimmerman. Cosmic!
here's another Bob Zimmerman:
there is no end to the walking
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

rh wrote:
here's another Bob Zimmerman:
That's Bob Dylan, silly!

:wink:
oh Lana Turner we love you get up