Acorn Whistles: Made by who? Where?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Oreo
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Acorn Whistles: Made by who? Where?

Post by Oreo »

The Chiff & Whistle Inexpensive whistle list says that Acorn whistles are made in the USA by a company called "Music Sales". But a Google search on that, of course, just gets lots of other companies.

Someone told me that Acorn and Oak whistles are really Feadogs. Is that true?

DOES SOMEONE KNOW how to contact the real maker?

By the way: Acorn whistles seem easy to tweak. Just put a thin sheet of plastic on the floor of the windway and they play a lot better.

Oreo
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

If you do a whistle board search on "Poison Oak" you'll find details on contacting the company.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Acorn and Oak are made by the same people but I'm not sure if it's Feadog. I think not unless Feadog bought Oak (or vice versa). They are manufactured in the U.K and imported by Music Sales Inc.

They use the same head but have different bodies. I think the Oak plays nicer and my theory on why is it's because the tube wall is thicker.

BTW, the poison Oak thing is solved.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Oreo

Post by Oreo »

I tried searching for "Poison Oak" and I don't find the answer to my questions. Can someone give me a better clue?

Oreo Phil
rh

Post by rh »

there was a discussion of this question on thread http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... poison+oak

the distributor's contact info was listed as:
Music Sales Corporation

445 Bellvale Rd.

Chester, NY 10918

Tel: 845-469-4699 Ext. 207

Fax: 845-469-7544

www.musicsales.com

The Music Sales Group

New York*Los Angeles*London*Berlin*Copenhagen*Madrid*Paris*Sydney*Tokyo
Oreo

Post by Oreo »

Thanks!
Following the Music Sales link to their Catalogue site, the price is the same as TheWhistleShop, $8.95.

Oreo
billw
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by billw »

Acorn whistles are made only in the spring by a band of red squirrels who reside in the wild pecan groves outside of LaCygne, Kansas. It is not clear where they obtain the materials for these, but it's rumored that they dredge the Marais Des Cygne Wildlife Preserve's swamps for discarded aluminium beer cans, which they melt down in furnaces fired with the leftover pecan shells from their winter repasts. The fipple plastic is salvaged from the myriad plastic fishing lures that come to light in the dredging process.

I am reasonably certain that none of this is true, and that I should be asleep already, but I really wasn't feeling all that sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......
Ye Olde Whistlesmith Saying:
A whistle without a fipple, is just a piece of leaky pipe!

Click the WWW and come have some fun with poems and music and now BOOKS! and check out the preeeety whistles and the T-shirts with attitude! :D