Bruce Childress Full Set D listed now 7 times on ebay

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Fergmaun
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Bruce Childress Full Set D listed now 7 times on ebay

Post by Fergmaun »

seller is eoieasd ( 0 )

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bruce-Childress-Ful ... dZViewItem

Cheers

Ferg
Last edited by Fergmaun on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fergus Maunsell
Belfast
Ireland

http://www.myspace.com/fergusmaunsell
simonknight
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by simonknight »

The pictures are of the set I sold a few weeks ago.
Simon
billh

Post by billh »

China again!
Fergmaun

Post by Fergmaun »

Simon

When you sold the set you should have deleted your ebay advert so that scammer don't list pipes ready sold again.

Look what has happen now on ebay as the Bruce Childress Full Set Concert D Uilleann Irish Pipes is listed 7 times now

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... =&saprchi=

Cheers

Ferg
Fergus Maunsell
Belfast
Ireland

simonknight

Post by simonknight »

I don't believe it's possible for the seller to delete old listings - if you know how to do it please tell.

These chinese crooks are not only annoying but they are stupid - it's fairly obvious that these are bogus if they list them so many times. The first time around they did it while my original listing was still active.
Simon
DarthWeasel

Post by DarthWeasel »

I think we must consider that perhaps the Chinese have cloned SimonKnight seven times in an attempt at world domination. I don’t think they’ve completely thought it through though.

I've posted many things on Ebay and your listing is automatically removed after 30days. Simon is in no way responsible for this joker trying to cash in on rare/expensive instruments. Crooks are Crooks and to a certain degree Ebay is based on the honor system.

Letting Ebay know what this guy is up to is really the only thing you can do. But then he’ll just find another way. I’ve seen this before when trying to buy Keyboards in the $1000-$2000 range.

This guy is going to be really surprised one day when there are 100 angry Irish bagpipers waiting outside his house ready to kick his ass.
"Sleep well, and dream of large women"
Elmek

Post by Elmek »

Contacting E-bay directly is not that easy as they have a standard message system - suspicious emails can be forwarded to spoof@ebay.com
Mike Hulme

Post by Mike Hulme »

This comes up a lot. The last listing I reported to Ebay was by a Chinese who was selling a set of pipes on Ebay UK. He even was so good as to say that the pipes were not available to the UK - so do not bid. :-?

If you want to cause such sellers grief then all you ned to do is to set up another two false Ebay accounts, and then outbid each other up to say, $50,000. At the end of the auction the "winning" bidder does not pay, but the seller account is debited with the Final Value Fee, which would be considerable. It takes a lot of time to get money back from Ebay! :moreevil:
Mike

“Si fractum non sit, noli id refere”

http://www.uilleannpipesuk.org
Fergmaun

Post by Fergmaun »

After you have sold an item it is best to delete/remove your listing on ebay.

You can do this by going to My ebay and log in. When you get to my ebay you need to press one of the links on the left under All Selling:-

e.g Press Sold and your item should show as sold items Bruce Childress Full Set Concert D Uilleann Irish Pipes. You will find three links saying remove, add note and relist press the word remove.

Cheers

Ferg
Fergus Maunsell
Belfast
Ireland

simonknight

Post by simonknight »

Fergmaun wrote:After you have sold an item it is best to delete/remove your listing on ebay.

You can do this by going to My ebay and log in. When you get to my ebay you need to press one of the links on the left under All Selling:-

e.g Press Sold and your item should show as sold items Bruce Childress Full Set Concert D Uilleann Irish Pipes. You will find three links saying remove, add note and relist press the word remove.

Cheers

Ferg

All that does is remove the listing from My-Ebay (i did that). The listing is still in the database for 30 days if you serach for completed items and and for longer via the feedback page.
Simon
DarthWeasel

Post by DarthWeasel »

15 bids now on a set that does not exist.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bruce-Childress-Ful ... dZViewItem
"Sleep well, and dream of large women"
pfdolan

Post by pfdolan »

Wow that's sad, those people are going to get really screwed.

You can report this by going down to the Security Center link at the bottom. Then it gives you a few options on what type of problem to report, select the bottom option "Report another problem", then it will categorize the problem you are reporting, and select "Listing Violations". On the next page select "Copying of your listing" and then select the approriate subcategory. Might help.
Last edited by pfdolan on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonknight

Post by simonknight »

I reported all these auctions to ebay as fraudulent but they have not pulled them. However, a lot of the bids are from the same person - they have probably guessed the auctions are bad and screwing the seller around.
Simon
misterpatrick

Post by misterpatrick »

I don't use eBay and this is the reason why. Even trying to report this is next to impossible. It's a great way to see what's wrong with the honor system.

Has anyone reported these? I tried to and was unable to actually get anything done. In the "Security" Center" it seems to can only report somthing if you've been screwed and you can't make comments on the users page.

Sorry, I'm venting a bit but I'd like too use eBay to sell a camera I have and i just have no faith in it. when I take a look at the listing for the camera (a D70), almost all of them are either scams or fly-by-night retailers selling questionable merchandise.

OK, back to my coffee now.