Trow Me Sometin Mistah!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Trow Me Sometin Mistah!

Post by missy »

Laissez Faire Les Bonne Temp Roulez!

Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Bartender, could you pour me one of whatever Missy's been drinking?
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

I was talking with a female friend of mine yesterday about what possesses people to do crazy things for a string of these. As I pointed out, beads aren't worth anything, and can be bought in strings for 4 cents a string (see here).
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Ching! The penny drops. :oops:

I know what you mean, Wanderer. There was a late night program in the UK where ladies both young and old would flash their lady bumps for a string of beads.

If I'd realised how cheap these beads are, I'd have bought a gross ages ago.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I think it's a combination of alcohol and a good excuse to act up. :P

My brother and sister in law are going this year, for the weekend starting this Friday. I don't think I'm close enough to my sis in law to ask how many beads she earns!

Edited to add - nuts! Page delay caused me to miss the penny-drop. :( :lol:
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Martin Milner wrote:Ching! The penny drops. :oops:

I know what you mean, Wanderer. There was a late night program in the UK where ladies both young and old would flash their lady bumps for a string of beads.
Small price to pay to save four cents! :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
harpmaker

Post by harpmaker »

This begs the question; Do the beads in the pic belong to Missy, and if so, how did she get them?

There does seem to be a little more relaxed attitude about the flashing among college age kids. I asked my daughters why women would do that, and both said it was all just for fun. Wish I'd had that much fun in college :lol:
Discussing politics is like having a conversation with the ex. You know that no matter what the subject....it could be as innocent as what you had to eat for lunch....you know that they are going to somehow work your past sins into the conversation
missy

Post by missy »

harpmaker wrote:This begs the question; Do the beads in the pic belong to Missy, and if so, how did she get them?
nah - they are Tom's........ :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Martin Milner wrote:Ching! The penny drops. :oops:

If I'd realised how cheap these beads are, I'd have bought a gross ages ago.
Yeah, but I bet you'd get a slap to the cheek if you walked up to the same lady with a nickel and said "hey, show me your bumps for a nickel!" :)
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I'm currently wearing a green strand, a purple strand, and a yellow strand.

And I've never set foot in N'awlins. :lol:

(a friend gave them to me, no clue where she got them because as far as I know, she's never been either)
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Montana

Post by Montana »

TelegramSam wrote:I'm currently wearing a green strand, a purple strand, and a yellow strand.
Those are the official colors. Accept no substitutes.
Some connection back to the Romanoff dynasty. The Duke was allowed to chose the colors for the festival so he chose purple (justice), green (faith), and gold (power). Kind of a wierd combination of qualities for Mardi Gras but not for that time I guess.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Montana wrote:
TelegramSam wrote:I'm currently wearing a green strand, a purple strand, and a yellow strand.
Those are the official colors. Accept no substitutes.
Some connection back to the Romanoff dynasty. The Duke was allowed to chose the colors for the festival so he chose purple (justice), green (faith), and gold (power). Kind of a wierd combination of qualities for Mardi Gras but not for that time I guess.
Outside of Mardi Gras, that particular color combination only shows up in polyester golfer's pants, shower curtains and the flags of third world nations.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
harpmaker

Post by harpmaker »

:lol: :lol: My last blind date showed up in those colors.....just one of the reasons that was my last blind date
Discussing politics is like having a conversation with the ex. You know that no matter what the subject....it could be as innocent as what you had to eat for lunch....you know that they are going to somehow work your past sins into the conversation
Sliabh Luachra

Post by Sliabh Luachra »

harpmaker wrote::lol: :lol: My last blind date showed up in those colors.....just one of the reasons that was my last blind date
Well, it's hard to know what colors you're putting on when you can't see. . . okay. . . stupid response. . . cold setting in. . . nyquil hitting. . . zzzzzzzz
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." -Somerset Maugham
Denny

Post by Denny »

harpmaker wrote::lol: :lol: My last blind date showed up in those colors.....just one of the reasons that was my last blind date
some of 'em that can see ain't got any better color sense.