Should GK & Unseen Audition For Jerry Springer?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.

Whaddya think? Are they ready for daytime primetime?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:29 pm

Yes!
42%
Naw, they're lightweights
21%
Like I'd waste time watching that trash; I'm too busy reading these guys' posts!
38%

Total votes: 24

Cathy Wilde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Should GK & Unseen Audition For Jerry Springer?

Post by Cathy Wilde »

After 4 years of earnest -- and yes, even sometimes borderline plodding -- sincerity about pretty much the same 15 topics (I think "Undercutting" might be new, though), I admit I'm finding the recent liveliness on this board rather refreshing. So in the spirit of spangly tape and fake fur accessories, I'm thinking it might be time to take this to another level.

Springer, anyone?

(What can I say? I'm a prurient sort. I was at IU when The Chair was threw.)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Jumbuk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jumbuk »

What about a fourth choice:

- Who is Jerry Springer?

(Sounds like something to do with US television?)
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Jumbuk wrote: - Who is Jerry Springer?
Former Mayor of Cincinnati, Ohio. Now a TV talk show host for sensationalistic "white trash" on-screen confrontations.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
meemtp

Post by meemtp »

I believe he was also caught in a brothel while either mayor or campaigning. I'm sure it was just another stop on the campaign trail...speech etc. :twisted:
Corin
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Only if in the same show, Jerry has a "Stupid human tricks" segment with the chick who blows flames out the end of her whistle. Maybe she can set Michael Flatley's feet on flames with it.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
BrendanB

Post by BrendanB »

meemtp wrote:I believe he was also caught in a brothel while either mayor or campaigning. I'm sure it was just another stop on the campaign trail...speech etc. :twisted:
Growing up in Cincinnati, the two scandals of local boys gone bad were Jerry Springer and Pete Rose. While one still holds out hope of someday getting inducted into Cooperstown, Jerry Springer ran for Governor, lost, and then got himself a TV show.

In Springer's case, he went across the river to Kentucky where he paid a prostitute with a personal check. At the time he was just a city council member, although later he was elected mayor.

You got to love the nasty 'nati.
meemtp

Post by meemtp »

Ahh, ok thanks Brendan. I knew it was something involving prostitution. Funny that he still got elected mayor! I can only imagine what city council meetings were like!
Corin
Jonathan
Tell us something.: Have played Irish traditional music >15 yrs. Flute, pipes, guitar.
I've taught music in Austin since 2011 or so.

Post by Jonathan »

Schweet avatar Cathy
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Ssshhhhh!! For Pete's sake, dow's trying to read some of these threads and learn something!!

Ooh, Jerry Springer! :o I never knew that!!
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
treeshark

Post by treeshark »

What for the Opera... can they sing?
Wait a minute, an Opera! I can see the plot already...
It's set in a session in a small bar in a mean city. The elder players, set in their ways and always playing the same tunes, are at odds with the 'young guns' with their triple tonguing and quick fire rolls on C nat.
It will all have to happen indoors as flute players are not allowed out due to bird flu. (This also saves money on the set)
There are other factions as well the Rudalls and the Prattens, the Glottals and the Tonguers and worst of all the Linseed Oilers who hate the Almond Guys. These in turn are riven by other divisions, lined or unlined, keyed or not.
In the midst of this hells brew of dissention and suspicion, unexpectedly, love blossoms.
As it's an Opera it ends miserably with the young lovers being beaten to death by a drunken Bodhran player in the pay of the Boehm gang.
But in a transformation scene we see them joyfully meet their maker (The great Olwell).
The curtain drops to the plaintive air "My barrel's cracked and I've no superglue to hand"
Sigh, not a dry eye in the house
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

ENCORE, ENCORE!!!!
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

We need a Fat Lady, trees, or no-one will know when the Opera's actually over. Volunteers? Perhaps peteinmn could lend her the hat?
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
treeshark

Post by treeshark »

The Chorus... some of my wives.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Arrrrrr...

A right group of saucy wenches 8)

M
dow
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by dow »

treeshark wrote:There are other factions as well the Rudalls and the Prattens, the Glottals and the Tonguers and worst of all the Linseed Oilers who hate the Almond Guys. These in turn are riven by other divisions, lined or unlined, keyed or not. In the midst of this hells brew of dissention and suspicion, unexpectedly, love blossoms.
Hmmm... Sounds like a scene from "West Side Flute Story.":D
GaryKelly wrote:Ssshhhhh!! For Pete's sake, dow's trying to read some of these threads and learn something!!
ROFLMAO!!! :lol: :lol:

"I want to play flute in A-mer-i-ca,
Play cuts and taps in A-mer-i-ca,
Wood and delrin in A-mer-i-ca,
Where's a session in A-mer-i-ca?"
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.