Now PETA has gone too far!!!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

dubhlinn wrote:Hells Angels send a message to PeTA
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:Hells Angels send a message to PeTA
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is just precious! I love vulgar little old ladies!
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Mitch
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mitch »

flanum wrote:Poorly Educated Teen Activists.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... eta17.html
Heh :)

The motto of my design company is "To get a stake you gotta kill a cow".

Not so much teens as toddlers Flan: last week I had to explain to my distraught 4 year old (afer watching a doco on penguins and sea-lions):
"Where's my Penguin!! Waaahh - I want my penguin!!"
"Don't be too sad little one - the life of the penguin went into the sea-lion"
"Get it back out daddy! - I want my penguin WAAAAH!!"
It's a good thing the doco didn't show how the sea-lion flicks the penguin out of his skin before eating him!

Peta would have us all starve and freeze - extremism seems to lead to extinction :)
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Is "doco" Austrialian for "documentary"? At first I thought it was some kind of antarctic animal I'd not heard of.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

flanum wrote:Poorly Educated Teen Activists.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... eta17.html
There's too many animals...
"Ethical solution"...euthanize them all!
There's too many PETA members...
"Ethical solution"....use your imagination!

Well, here's my take on these jackasses;

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

The sad thing is that in their very early days, PETA was considered an good organization, worthy of giving donations to because they did help in taking care of bona-fide animal cruelty.

After their palms were filled sufficiently, they went to the dark side. (Add Darth Vader breathing sound effects)
Now they don't believe people should even have pets. And other crazy ideas.
I don't think all my pets would make it in the wild, natural selection can be cruel also.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Daniel_Bingamon wrote:I don't think all my pets would make it in the wild, natural selection can be cruel also.
None of the PETA members would survive in the wild either :twisted: , natural selection can also be "ethical."
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

My uncle is a butcher by trade, and my dad(his brother) used to bring me in to his abbatoir from when i was about eight to lend a hand. a few yeaers later (probably i was about 14 or so) i slaughtered my first bullock and helped hang it and skin/butcher it.

Because of this i think i earned the right to eat meat.
I respect animals and could never needlessly hurt a creature.

nonetheless i still think that we(humans) are natural carnivores (hence the wee pointy teeth in our mouths) BUT.......

unless you are willing to kill/butcher etc an animal then you havent earned that right!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I'd agree with Flanum, but I haven't butchered anything, save fish.... oh, and one Buffalo and one Elk (spirituality had a part in this). I haven't slaughtered beef, pork or poultry, but I eat them a considerable amount.

I have, on the other hand, slaughtered tons and tons of plants... you know, the other (and dominately numbered) living beings on this planet... but I rarely eat them... unless they come in the form of bread.

Where am I going with this? A phrase I like to quote from my good friend and fellow esoterically minded party animal, David White. He says: "Hey, my species didn't hack, claw and gnaw its way, all the way, up the food chain, just to eat plants!!!" :D
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

emmline wrote:I would not lose sleep over this. I'm sure Paris had numerous volunteers standing buy to deflour her.
damn...that was very good!!!
djm

Post by djm »

DanielB wrote:The sad thing is that in their very early days, PETA was considered an good organization, worthy of giving donations to because they did help in taking care of bona-fide animal cruelty.
I used to think this way about the Sierra Club, too, until they were caught red-handed hiding facts that didn't fit in with the storyline they wanted to peddle. Perhaps its the politics of the situation that causes well-meaning organizations to go bad, but I take a very large dose of salt with anything environmentalists say about anything anymore.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

-I don't eat much meat, but any sockeye salmon within reach should consider itself at risk. A man and his fillet-Its a beautiful thing.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

flanum wrote:My uncle is a butcher by trade, and my dad(his brother) used to bring me in to his abbatoir from when i was about eight to lend a hand. a few yeaers later (probably i was about 14 or so) i slaughtered my first bullock and helped hang it and skin/butcher it.

Because of this i think i earned the right to eat meat.
I respect animals and could never needlessly hurt a creature.

nonetheless i still think that we(humans) are natural carnivores (hence the wee pointy teeth in our mouths) BUT.......

unless you are willing to kill/butcher etc an animal then you havent earned that right!
Having grown up/live on a farm- I've earned that right by your standards.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Maybe I am not up with what is going on, but I have never heard of Paris Hilton. Surely that is a made-up name. No one would deliberately name their child, Paris Hilton, would they? I wouldn't.