The Most Inappropriate Places To Break Out Your Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
River Otter
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by River Otter »

During your tax audit.
River Otter
Fortitudine Vincit
hoofbeats
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by hoofbeats »

During a final exam that I know I'm going to fail. (though I'd love to try it :twisted:)
While riding my horse, who is afraid of strange noises.
While testifying at a criminal trial.
River Otter

Post by River Otter »

hoofbeats wrote:While testifying at a criminal trial.
Unless you're demonstrating exactly what the piper was doing that prompted the mild mannered flutist to attack.
River Otter
Fortitudine Vincit
hoofbeats

Post by hoofbeats »

River Otter wrote:
hoofbeats wrote:While testifying at a criminal trial.
Unless you're demonstrating exactly what the piper was doing that prompted the mild mannered flutist to attack.
True. There are always exceptions to the rule.
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

While quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
Ailin

Post by Ailin »

The other night at a college hockey game there was a guy in the front row right by the plexiglass playing away on a whistle. During the rare moments of relative quiet you could hear him playing. The large part of the time I am sure no one could hear him except for the few people sitting around him, what with all the noise from the home crowd and a pep band besides! Then to top it off he broke out some highland pipes in between periods! Although he could be heard on those a bit better, he still couldn't come close to being heard over the pep band. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish in that environment! As a piper and whistler myself, it just made me wonder why even attempt to play there?!

Ailin
He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.
riverman

Post by riverman »

At least he had guts.
I can't even play in a quiet little store while my wife is searching for yarn, even though I almost always get compliments when I play. I even have had a hard time playing on an outside bench when there are people around.
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

At a Lunasa or Cherish the Ladies concert because you just can't help playing along.
Keith
hoofbeats

Post by hoofbeats »

riverman wrote:At least he had guts.
I can't even play in a quiet little store while my wife is searching for yarn, even though I almost always get compliments when I play. I even have had a hard time playing on an outside bench when there are people around.
I have a lot of trouble playing in front of people too. Even in high school I couldn't play during study hall if the band hall was too quiet and people would be able to hear me. :oops:
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

hoofbeats wrote:
riverman wrote:At least he had guts.
I have a lot of trouble playing in front of people too. Even in high school I couldn't play during study hall if the band hall was too quiet and people would be able to hear me. :oops:
Chickens, all of you. I spend my life playing in front of people. And when they ask me to stop...

I don't! :o
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
hoofbeats

Post by hoofbeats »

Yep, I am a chicken... bwwwwaaakkk bwak bwak bwaaaaaaaak!!! :D
Bumble

Post by Bumble »

My submission is; ANYWHERE within earshot of my girlfriend during the first two weeks of learning on my first whistle. Please learn from my mistakes.
"...ok honey...I think I got now..(toot-SQUAWK) Sorry! Wait, here it is, (doot-doot-SKREEEEEEEE!) oooh, that high note's a tough one..hey where are you going?!".

Cheers,

--Walter
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

I went to see the movie, Tristan and Isolde. After the first hour, I couldn't stand it anymore. The soundtrack HAD NO WHISTLE MUSIC IN IT AT ALL. Indeed, it was a wash of fake pianos and booming thing sounds, etc. Seeing as I was the ONLY one in the movie theatre (let's hear it for Tuesday morning matinees!) and I had a range of whistles with me, I caught the key and vastly "improved" the soundtrack. Great fun.
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

Emrys wrote:I went to see the movie, Tristan and Isolde. After the first hour, I couldn't stand it anymore. The soundtrack HAD NO WHISTLE MUSIC IN IT AT ALL. Indeed, it was a wash of fake pianos and booming thing sounds, etc. Seeing as I was the ONLY one in the movie theatre (let's hear it for Tuesday morning matinees!) and I had a range of whistles with me, I caught the key and vastly "improved" the soundtrack. Great fun.
I think whistle playing would be a great addition to the Rocky Horror Picture Show audience participation tradition! :twisted:
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

speaking of rocky horror. the song, "there's a light (over at the frankenstein place") is in the key of D and sounds sweet on a whistle. been there done that.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦